Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 am

MJM wrote:
deadpoolwins wrote:
ok my second entry, i was having trouble finding good images fro a non over used animal, so i ended up choosing this guy, unfortunatly, it doesnt have a name as of yet, so for now its just giant hawk.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Gianthawk

Nooooooo you took my picture!!! Lol I was gonna use that.

yeah the funny part is that was my 3rd choice of card, i wanted to make a toad card, the one from the scroll that jiraiya entrusted to naruto before his death, or else i wanted to make baku, but satanspawngenma beat me to that. basically i just didnt want to use a character too widely overused.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:12 am

my entry
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 071kisame
i just didn't know what kind of attribute to give him, and i think weapon/ninjutsu will be fine.
one flavor fluffy kisame, nothing special, but i think still interesting.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Everyone keeps taking my ideas!!! Lmao.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 12:31 am

MJM wrote:

how about eight tails then? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 1:19 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
MJM wrote:

how about eight tails then? Rolling Eyes

That was one of my back-ups. inb4someonetakesit
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:10 pm

I kinda wanted to do a Sage Mode Jiraiya, but decided not to, and Animal Ninjas have never really been my favorite, but I decided to make the 3rd Hokage's own summon, Monkey King Enma.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 ShippudenMKEnmaforContestImage
Pic from Naruto Wiki

So, he's a lot like the original, with high stats to reflect where we've seen him. His effects get his summoner out a bit easier, though no sooner, and his adamantine defense protects against other tricks. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 8:52 pm

deadpoolwins wrote:
ok my second entry, i was having trouble finding good images fro a non over used animal, so i ended up choosing this guy, unfortunatly, it doesnt have a name as of yet, so for now its just giant hawk.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Gianthawk
aurelio wrote:
my entry
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 071kisame
i just didn't know what kind of attribute to give him, and i think weapon/ninjutsu will be fine.
one flavor fluffy kisame, nothing special, but i think still interesting.
Don't forget to state where you got the image from, even if you did it yourself.
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:56 pm

right so the credit for my pic goes to myself, its a screen shot i got from an anime episode.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 am

My judging is done and I'll be posting it around Midnight PST if no new cards are submitted and there are no last minute changes. If you do have changes, get them in quick. You have 5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:00 am

Kosuke [Susano’o the Storm God]
Art 5/5
It’s very clear art.

Layout 5/5
All seems fine here.

Grammar 5/5
I think this is okay.

Playability 4.5/5
At first, I was thinking this card wasn’t that good. Then I thought about it and realized that it has so much potential and what makes it really amazing is that it doesn’t have to be a ninja that you discarded with the effect. I would have said this card was a bit too powerful if it didn’t discard all of the cards and was instead like Messenger Ninja, but because it does and because the stats aren’t that great, I actually think this is a really good card and it would see play in a lot of lightning decks.

Creativity 5/5
It’s really cool that this card is so similar and yet so different than Messenger Ninja, which I gather inspired this effect. I also like the fact that it has Earth and Lightning, so it’s for Combination decks, even though there isn’t a lot of good stuff for them that I can think of, it’s nice to set things up for the future.

Total 24.5/25

Monkey King Enma [venkelos]
Art 2/5
The quality here looks super ugly. I am not sure what the origin of the problem is, but the entire card, not just the art, looks grimy and kinda smudgy.

You seem to have had some trouble resizing and as a result, it looks deformed.

You flipped the image, so his forehead protector is backwards, which makes it look weird and incorrect.

Layout 5/5
This all seems fine.

Grammar 4.75/5
“Cost” should not be capitalized.

Playability 3/5
This effect is more than a little broke. The fact that your team with him is always immune to jutsu is pretty busted, especially with those nuts stats. You can’t even turn it off by damage effects, so you have to look to missions or extremely powerful ninja effects to stop it. You can’t even snipe the team if it isn’t battling.

On the other hand, the second effect is pretty useless. It could see some use, but it’s honestly not game-changing or anything.

Creativity 2.5/5
This card is super powerful for a rare. Shutting down all jutsu targeting the ninja’s team? That’s crazy.

The first effect feels super generic. It does slightly fit Enma’s defensive capabilities, but you could have showed that with damage negation or temporary immunities or something. This just feels lazily put together and could have been made in like 3 minutes.

The second effect seems tacked on to me to prove it is Enma. Take it away and it could have been pretty much any ninja that every showed the slightest aptitude for defense.

Total 17.25/25

Baku [SatanSpawnGenma]

Art 5/5
It looks fine.

Layout 4.75/5
You couldn’t have at least used some sort of onomatopoeia for the flavor text? Other than that, I have no complaints.

Grammar 2.75/5
“Select” should be capitalized.

“Target” is misspelled. Mission” is misspelled.

“Ninja” should be used rather than “Ninja card” in the cost. What you use refers to a ninja that is not in play.

Playability 2.5/5
Better healthy stats than most other 6 drops? Ambush? An effect that lets you shut down the opponent’s strongest team every turn you attack? This card is busted as hell. Just was too good with no downside.

Creativity 2/5
Sorry, but I don’t really see this effect as super fitting. It’s kind of a throwback to the way wind used to be with all of the unblockable teams, but it just seems like a broken card to me. This effect could have been on any ninja.

Total 17/25

Kisame (Samehada Mode) [aurelio]
Art 5/5
This looks really cool. It’s also nice that the only way to easily distinguish it from the anime is to look at a screenshot next to it.

Layout 5/5
This checks out to me.

Grammar 0/5
The name is technically incorrect wording. Bandai has always used “Shark Skin” to refer to Samehada.

You didn’t capitalize “I” in the flavor text.

Should say “As an additional cost”, as seen with Nagato (Childhood).

“Symbols” should be capitalized.

Technically one could argue that the wording means a jutsu with 3 Water Symbols in its cost would not work for the cost.

At this point, I looked at the second effect and just had to stop. There are so many grammatical and wording issues that there is just no way I can go through them all, so I’ll just hit the key ones.
1. X/X should be X/Y because the combat and support are not necessarily the same number.
2. The wording gives no timing to select a ninja. Am I doing It every turn? Only when I put it in play? Is it a constant choice that can change at literally any time? It needs to have a set timing.
3. The sentence is just grammatically bankrupt.
4. The wording you have makes the variable combat and support value of X/X moot because it just changes the combat and support. If it were made valid by an effect, the injured stats would change while it was injured.

Playability 1/5
I don’t exactly know what to say. Unless I know the timing of t second effect, I can’t rate it accurately. As a result, I’m just going to go ahead and assume that it is when the ninja is put in play and that the wording supports what it should probably be doing, which is setting the value of X and Y.

Honestly, there isn’t really a lot going on with this card. It is a Turn 6 ninja that is harder to put in play than the average 6 drop and the only thing it does is give you a net gain of +1 on your opponent’s strongest guy. So it only really helps if your opponent has a strong ninja in play when you play this card. Even then, it doesn’t help if their team is still up on you after you get the +1.

This card just wouldn’t see play because it doesn’t give you any really valuable effect. Water has so any good late-game ninja that it just isn’t going to happen.

Creativity 3/5
The concept you had here was interesting, with Kisame getting stronger as the opponents were stronger, but it was very poorly executing.

For starters, some sort of immunity to like jutsu or something, to demonstrate Kisame’s chakra-eating would have been good; either that or just chakra control.

Also, you could have given it real stats and had something like “This ninja gets +X Combat value. X = half the Combat value (rounded down) of the head ninja battling against this ninja.”

Total 14/25

Giant Hawk [DeadpoolWins]
Art 5/5
That’s a hawk. And it’s pretty big, I guess. I definitely feel like I’m getting what was advertised.

Layout 5/5
That’s some quality flavor text, I guess. Not much else to say here.

Grammar 2/5
All but the first instance of “Ninja card” should be “Ninja” because it is referring to the ninja while it is in play.

“Mission” is misspelled.

“Put” should be capitalized. “At” should be capitalized.

Playability 0/5
This card is just way too broken. I can’t in good conscience give it any points for playability because it is far too broken. A 5/5 ninja that you can put in play every turn for free is just ridiculous. Let me tell you what that means. It means that if you pull this Turn 0 in a Vanilla deck, the deck is nigh unstoppable. You already have superior stats and if you add 5 to that every turn, it means the opponent must block every turn and get OVed or give you 2 BRs every turn. If they can’t draw their answer to this card or their own Giant Hawk, they will lose. Period. And that’s just a Vanilla deck. They can really do the same in any deck with similar results. The only real answer is Mental Power, which has always been bad.

Also, the fact that any Sasuke, even a Turn 0, can keep this in play is nuts.

Creativity 1.5/5
How is this not a Super Rare? It’s too good to not be.

This really seems like more of an Anbu type effect or something and has basically nothing to do with the Sasuke vs. Danzou fight.

Free put in play is not a good idea on anything past a Turn 1 unless there are restrictions. Like if it could only be put in play for free when you have a Turn 4 or higher Sasuke in play, it might be alright.

The last effect just seems like a lazy attempt to relate this to Sasuke.

Total 13.5/25

Last edited by Hikari Link on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:46 am

thanks a lot dude!
my idea of the second effect was a static ability / continuous effect, that his combat and support is always higher than of 1 in-play ninja of your choice. i agree, it is poorly worded, but thanks a lot anyway.

btw, here is a screenshot:
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Kisamesamehada
as i said, i always use screenshots. credit for lines and colors goes to me.

Last edited by aurelio on Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:50 am

aurelio wrote:
thanks a lot dude!
my idea of the second effect was a static ability / continuous effect, that his combat and support is always higher than of 1 in-play ninja of your choice. i agree, it is poorly worded, but thanks a lot anyway.

btw, here is a screenshot:
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Kisamesamehada
as i said, i always use screenshots. credit for lines and colors goes to me.
A lot of people say a lot of things which I tend to forget. If you have mentioned it in the past, then I won't penalize you for it.
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:11 am

i guess i really should have clarified with my effect, when i said sasuke negates this effect i really meant the entire effect still i see why its broken, i had the template laid out for something else and forgot to change the attack and back up on both healthy and injured status it was supposed to be a 2/3 healthy, 0/2 injured... oops :/
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:15 am

deadpoolwins wrote:
i guess i really should have clarified with my effect, when i said sasuke negates this effect i really meant the entire effect still i see why its broken, i had the template laid out for something else and forgot to change the attack and back up on both healthy and injured status it was supposed to be a 2/3 healthy, 0/2 injured... oops :/
1. That would have been much less broken.
2. Why would Sasuke, the guy who summons him, stop him from coming into play?
3. It wouldn't have worked anyway. Since putting him in play is the cost, he'd already be in play before Sasuke could stop him.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Do I get any props for being the only one to guess at that birthday thing for extra points?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:30 pm

Yes, Susano'o you got the 2 Point bonus!

Thanks Link, you're the best judge we ever had! Updated everything! Check out the tournament info!
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:31 am

ok heres my card.... was having trouble with the movie theme, there isnt many actual movie only characters that are worthy of a card.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Hikaru

credit for the picture goes to maksitobi from deviantart

Last edited by satanspawngenma on Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 pm

my card Very Happy

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Temujin

credit for the picture goes to deviantart user meshugene89
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:13 pm

deadpoolwins wrote:
my card Very Happy

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Temujin

credit for the picture goes to deviantart user meshugene89

Just so you know, that picture has already been used for an actual card...
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:16 pm

It happened again... both pictures I wanted to use have been used. /).<
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

i bet you didn't intend to use what i am going to use. Cool
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:21 pm

mjm, i mean this:
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 072gitai

lined and colored screenshot.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:56 pm

aurelio wrote:
mjm, i mean this:
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 072gitai

lined and colored screenshot.

Hey when you line and color, do you line/color them at that size or do you make them bigger, if you make them bigger and chance you can send me some of your work, but in large size id love to see it with greater detail.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 am

naruto4ever wrote:
...id love to see it with greater detail.
i don't save images after repainting. i just sit, work on them, and i don't save any changes to original image.
and, i make 300 dpi when i line and color.

Last edited by aurelio on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 am

aurelio wrote:
naruto4ever wrote:
...id love to see it with greater detail.
i don't save images after repainting. i just sit, work on them, and i don't save any changes to original image.

Fair enough, I do really like your art though, id love to see some enlarged art one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next