Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

MJM wrote:
Venk, you missed the point of No Effect Ninjas. They are not to have an effect at all... Check the ones previewed on Bandai to get more info... I should not say anymore. By Template I meant the ones used for Set 21 No Effect Ninjas...

Umm, I confess confusion. I didn't think that the [TITLE] was an effect, or effect text, and textually, that's the only difference between mine and others who didn't get this mention (while I confess theirs don't have one, neither did Hinata 1038, which I always assumed was a typo, and I wasn't paying close attention, I guess). No Attributes like Mastery or Ambush, that give virtual text. Either way, I went in and removed his title; beyond that, I don't know what else I am doing wrong. As for the template, I feel it is now followed for their cards, minus the visual, as I don't have those; I doubt anyone does, yet. Hopefully, I now meet with your expectations. Thanks for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 12:47 pm

venkelos wrote:
MJM wrote:
Venk, you missed the point of No Effect Ninjas. They are not to have an effect at all... Check the ones previewed on Bandai to get more info... I should not say anymore. By Template I meant the ones used for Set 21 No Effect Ninjas...

Umm, I confess confusion. I didn't think that the [TITLE] was an effect, or effect text, and textually, that's the only difference between mine and others who didn't get this mention (while I confess theirs don't have one, neither did Hinata 1038, which I always assumed was a typo, and I wasn't paying close attention, I guess). No Attributes like Mastery or Ambush, that give virtual text. Either way, I went in and removed his title; beyond that, I don't know what else I am doing wrong. As for the template, I feel it is now followed for their cards, minus the visual, as I don't have those; I doubt anyone does, yet. Hopefully, I now meet with your expectations. Thanks for the heads-up.
Hopefully another competitor will be nice enough to give you a tip. As a judge, I don't think it is my place to correct you, but if another competitor were to point, I don't really think they could be penalized for that...
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
venkelos wrote:
MJM wrote:

Hopefully another competitor will be nice enough to give you a tip. As a judge, I don't think it is my place to correct you, but if another competitor were to point, I don't really think they could be penalized for that...

Are we saying I've still got something wrong, after I reposted it? You can just say yes or no, without what it is. Any Ninja has a name, characteristics, EC, HC, Pwr/Supt, C.Attribute, set #, etc. The only difference between mine and say, Aurelio's, or an official one, is that I used the SR template; I just do that, for practice with it. I haven't used the base Ship. Nin template much of late, just because.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Vanilla ninjas don't have effect names.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:51 am

after the editing, i dont see any problems aside from the super rare template, but i dont think that should be a problem venk, i would have used 1 as well, if i had 1.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:27 am

When is the point board going to be updated?

Oh and here's my entry.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Jiraiya

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Rasengan

Jiraiya's art came from photobucket user Kazekage Sama, and the art for Rasengan was a screenshot I took

Last edited by Susano'o the Storm God on Sat May 28, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:25 pm

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
When is the point board going to be updated?

Oh and here's my entry. I'll be making a jutsu later

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Jiraiya

That's pretty strong, though i do like it. Nice to see Jiraiya having some high Supt, if he weren't leading.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:31 pm

Seems like N4E failed to deliver, I'll just update the point board in a bit with just Link's results.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Here is my entry for the week i'll have his jutsu up later.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Itachi10

here is the jutsu

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Tsukiy10

I had gotten the Itachi sent to from one of my friends so I don't know who the original artist is, and the jutsu was a wallpaper by paulusk.

Last edited by UchihaKyoji23 on Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:10 pm

fixed Jiraiya's rarity (you may have to refresh to see it) and I added the jutsu
EDIT: also added the credit
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:25 pm

venkelos wrote:

That's pretty strong, though i do like it. Nice to see Jiraiya having some high Supt, if he weren't leading.

Jiraiya gets a higher stat bonus since he doesn't get a mental bonus just like how Might Guy got a higher stat bonus for the same reason. (The new vanilla Might Guy's stats are huge!)
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 3:19 pm

I edited my post so it has the jutsu and credit.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:48 am

I’m doing playability and creativity a little differently this week since there isn’t much to consider when there is no effect. I’m also comparing them to Set 21, since that really set a new precedent for the Vanilla theme.

Danzo
Art 3.5/5
The art is kind of stretched/discolored/smallish. At least, that’s how it looks to me. Other than that, it looks pretty cool.

Layout 5/5
Everything is fine here.

Grammar 4/5
The game uses Satoosa, not Hokage, to denote a kage rank or other type of leader. Also, I’m not marking you off for this, but technically he never did become Hokage, he was just the candidate

Playability 5/5
When it comes to vanillas, the most important thing is the stats and the stats here are superior to the other Turn 4 support ninja, Yamato, so I can’t really complain there. He also has Ambush, so there is very little reason not to play this card.

Creativity 4/5
The only thing that hurts it, only slightly, is that it is a Turn 4. A Turn 5 with higher stats to represent his fight with Sasuke would have been better for the theme in general, since there is only one Turn 5 and three Turn 3s. While this is stronger, as I said, it doesn’t change the fact that what the theme already had was good enough and this adds little to the theme, even though it is good.

Total 21.5/25

Choji (Super Expansion Form)
Art 5/5
This looks pretty cool to me.

Layout 5/5
It’s pretty hard to mess this up with a vanilla.

Grammar 5/5
See above statement.

Playability 4/5
The main thing hurting this is that it is outclassed by Asuma. True, two huge beat sticks can be great to get advantage, but later turns can handle that problem just as well. If this had been 8 combat, it would have been much more playable.

Creativity 4/5
As with Danzo, the main thing hurting this card is the turn it comes out on. A Turn 3 with these stats or something earlier with scaled down stats, like a 6 on Turn 2 would have done so much more for the theme than another 7 on Turn 4 does.

Total 23/25

Kakashi
Art 4/5
There is a really distracting white outline around the image that makes it look like it wasn’t properly cut out of the background.

Layout 5/5
Easy judging is easy.

Grammar 5/5
Very easy.

Playability 0/5
You completely missed the point of the Vanilla theme. Vanilla cards are supposed to be grossly over-statted to make up for a lack of effect. Also, they shouldn’t have a hand cost. This card would see 0 play in or out of a Vanilla deck. I was trying to hint at this and I was hoping someone would point t out, but apparently nobody could take a hint, so…

Creativity 0/5
This card does nothing for the theme and needs a huge stat increawe. That, or drop it down to a 4 and remove the hand cost. As it stands, there was no thought here, you just took regular Kakashi stats and took away the effect.

Total 14/25

Jiraiya
Art 5/5
This looks pretty nice.

Layout 5/5
Good work not screwing up, I guess…

Grammar 5/5
Ditto here.

Playability 5/5
This is a perfect example of a vanilla done right; excellent stats that make up for lack of an effect.

Creativity 5/5
This is great for the theme because it does exactly what should be done and gives the theme another Turn 6 to really keep the pressure up in battle.

Total 25/25

Itachi
Art 5/5
Greatly picture and perfectly done.

Layout 4/5
Massive props on having the new template and so I’m going to give you 2 bonus points. Luckily, this cancels out the fact that the name is lacking the white to black gradient that all of the other ones have and the fact that the name is smaller than it should be. Sadly, it doesn’t cancel out the fact that the characteristic text should be blue.

Grammar 4.5/5
The flavor text says wonder rather than wander. Unless that was intentional, in which case that seems like a strange quote.

Playability 4/5
These stats are really nice. The only thing that really hurts it is that it has a hand cost. There really is no reason for that because it’s not like the stats are so insane that it is necessary or anything.
Creativity 5/5
This is a fine card for the theme. It is definitely much-needed support, since there are few with 4.

Total 22.5/25
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:33 am

hey link, thanks for instant judging. you are the one!
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 5:58 pm

MJM wrote:

Bonus: A ) +5 Points
B )+2 Points

Bonus Requirements: A ) New No-Effect Ninja Template
B ) Make a Jutsu that goes along with your cards

^^^^The new template gives +5 points. Just saying. Although I was under the impression that it just refers tot he point board and not the actual judging, but I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:31 pm

MJM wrote:

B )+2 Points

^^^^The new template gives +5 points. Just saying. Although I was under the impression that it just refers tot he point board and not the actual judging, but I could be wrong
It does and it was.That was just my own personal judgment as a judge. There are not just penalties for doing things wrong, but also rewards for doing things right. t's an incentive to try your best at all times.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
MJM wrote:

B )+2 Points

It does and it was.That was just my own personal judgment as a judge. There are not just penalties for doing things wrong, but also rewards for doing things right. t's an incentive to try your best at all times.

Oooooooh, I see.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

come on!!! new theme!!!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Sorry guys, I've been busy. I'm up to date with everything, points, themes, etc.

I added a promotion for some easy points for recruiting people! Come on let's get more card makers!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 am

Well, let's see if this week goes better, though I can see why last week didn't. One of my overall favorite characters in ANY time of Naruto is The Fourth Hokage, and this was a nice chance to make one, though finding him without the coat, thus only Jonin, can be hard, and I'm sure with coat would have cost points. I did, find one, though, modified it a titch, and here he is:

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 ShippudenTargetMinatoImage
The character image was found at Animeorgy.org.

Well, he is rather powerful, but I've often thought of him as underpowered, so I'm good with it. I wanted him to have Mastery, but he already has T6 stats on T5 (which is official), so I decided against it. He has Ambush, but he is practically the fastest ninja EVER, faster even then the Fourth Raikage, and similar in speed to Madara, apparently, and he's a teleporter, so it seems fair. The core point of him is my favorite factoid regarding Minato; he is the only ninja in history to receive a flee on sight command from all villages. It's sort of like in How to Train Your Dragon, with even the wickedest dragons being described as how to kill them, and then there's the Night Fury. "Flee it if seen. Do not engage this dragon." To reflect the sheer terror many must then see in Konoha's Yellow Flash, his effect makes them flinch, and run away for a minute, lest he kill them all in the same attack (I love the Flying Thunder God Technique, and really wish they'd make a card for it, preferably a powered up one that doesn't blow.) Well, that's it; he's not Satoosa, but he's still Minato, so I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:40 am

ok so i made kakashi younger days. also i found someone to compete, he is deadpoolwins, and a close friend of mine, he wanted to get into card making,
but didnt have photoshop till now, he will be entering the tourney starting today his card should be up shortly.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Kakashi-1

this cards idea was to describe the ability of the original chidori, a kill blow, but could also miss and used alotta chakra.

right so all credit for this picture goes to cartoon person, or xxcomystroxx, im not sure which one it is, because it says both.

Last edited by satanspawngenma on Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 am

hello 1 and all i am brand new to the site, and this is my first entrance, my good buddy from school mason(satanspawngenma) pointed it out to me a while back, recently i was hooked up with photoshop, and wanted to get involved, so heres my first entrance.

buddy.Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Obitouchiha

additionally i will be using satanspawngenma's photobucket account.

im not sure where the original art is from, is was given to me through email from my

Last edited by deadpoolwins on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm

deadpoolwins wrote:
hello 1 and all i am brand new to the site, and this is my first entrance, my good buddy from school mason(satanspawngenma) pointed it out to me a while back, recently i was hooked up with photoshop, and wanted to get involved, so heres my first entrance.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Obito

additionally i will be using satanspawngenma's photobucket account.

im not sure where the original art is from, is was given to me through email from my buddy.

Welcome to the site. I like your first card, but as one who knows what its like to have little errors, and how nice it can be to have someone say something, I see two little errors. First, Chunin has one n in the middle, at least in the card formats. In Japanese, I think it might be "Chunnin" and "Jounin", but American cards use "Chunin" and "Jonin". The second, which might be totally up to the card maker, is that he'd say "Obito Uchiha" in the quote, rather than the Japanese version. Either way, very nice card. Hope to see you keep making more.
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:15 pm

ok i have edited my card to say chunin and obito uchiha, thank you for pointing it out to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 9:28 pm

My entry

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Rinfixed

originally I was going to use this rlly cute chibi art, but unfortunately it was too small Sad
Ramblings aside, the art came from photobucket user Assisan_2009

Last edited by Susano'o the Storm God on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next