Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 am

Hikari Link wrote:
Gonna wait it out until tomorrow to see if SatanSpawnGenma posts. If not, I'll just rate the current entries.

Satanspawngenma and deadpoolwins have both been banned. Satanspawngenma will not return until next Saturday. Deadpool however will not be returning on it being Satan's alternate account. Please forgive his absence.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 am

So is judging going to be posted anytime soon, or we going to wait for Satanpawngenma to return?
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 am

Sorry, but I've been pretty busy the last couple days and only just got the time to get around to this.

Susano’o the Storm God
Sasuke

Art 5/5
I like looking over the shoulder shots like this. Looks good to me.

Layout 3/5
There should be less room between the elements.

This card doesn’t use the correct Super Rare Template.

Grammar 4.75/5
“Printed” should not be capitalized.

Playability 3.5/5
This card is pretty powerful and that hurts it. A 9 combat with Mastery and Ambush that can use Turn 5 Sasuke jutsu is pretty crazy. It’s a little bit over the top. Granted, it is a Super Rare and there is definitely room for a little craziness, but this here is just nuts. Really, if you had given it some Vanilla-level stats, this card would have been perfectly acceptable.

Not being able to win is hardly a downside either when you can easily squad it out, sacrifice it, negate it, or State 2 it. Placing a limiter on the number of BRs you can get a turn or something would have been a more balanced effect.

Creativity 4/5
These are really all ideas that have been done before. The first effect is basically the opposite of Susano’o and the second is just an upgrade of what they were doing with Sasuke before when they gave him Jonin. It really feels like it is missing an interesting twist to make it unique.

Total 20.25/25

Oath of Revenge

Art 5/5
Art reminds me of Another Way, one of my all-time favorite missions. It looks very nice.

Layout 5/5
All clear.

Grammar 3.25/5
Should be a comma after “then.”

“Deck” should be capitalized.

Should be “in their names“.

Not going to give you a hard time for “Removed From Game area”, since Bandai has once again taken the path of inconsistency. Just marking you down for capitalizing “from”.

Playability 4/5
Making it Sasuke-specific and requiring dead Uchiha hurts it a little bit, but it’s still a good card overall and I like it.

Creativity 5/5
This is a pretty interesting effect, in my opinion. I like the discard before the draw to potentially increase your draw.

Total 22.75/25
Overall 43/50

Venkelos

Mikomi

Art 2.5/5
Using an OC is always a downside, in my opinion, since there is such a vast selection of characters to choose from.

The art itself is also not up to par and looks too different. In addition, the line work is less than optimal.

The drop shadow is missing too.

Layout 5/5
This is fine.

Grammar 5/5
This looks fine too.

Playability 5/5
This card can use a lot of really good jutsu and being able to pick up jutsu for relatively cheap is pretty solid overall.

Creativity 4/5
Something here doesn’t sit wll. Perhaps it’s just that this card feels like it’s not really bringing a lot to the table. It’s not bad by any means, but it isn’t really new or different either.

Total 21.5/25

Sasuke

Art 5/5
No complaints.

Layout 5/5
It seems fine here.

Grammar 1.75/5
The term “Ninja Blade coin” hasn’t been used in quite some time.

“Heads” should not be capitalized.

“Jutsu cost” is hardly used and not exactly the best term here.

The proper wording of the second effect is “This Ninja may use Jutsu cards with "Requirements: Itachi Uchiha".”

Playability 5/5
Free jutsu and excellent stats seem pretty pro to me. This card is pretty playable, especially being a reinforcement card.

Creativity 5/5
It’s pretty cool that you get this out by sacrificing an Itachi, but I sort of would have liked to have seen a way that incorporate an existing Sasuke too without making the card bad. I’m not marking you off, just throwing this out there.

Total 21.75/25
Overall 43.25/50

So I'm fairly certain that Susano'o takes first place overall in the tournament, followed by Venkelos, just due to them being the only people within all 4 weeks. I want to say that SatanSpawnGenma is in 3rd, but I don't really feel like looking back at the points, so I'll just let MJM take care of that.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 am

So break this week because it's been a rough 4 weeks for you guys. I'll figure out the math later this week.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 am

Hazaah! Back to making cards that don't depend on one another. Sorry if that sounds like a douche thing to say, but I for one will be happy to not have to plan that far ahead. Now watch, having said that, the plot box will say "okay, now this month we're doing something similar to July, but with one little difference; that being..."

As an aside, for cards that use the activated/paid for effects (for example: [Valid | EoJ] Li | Li: do something.) Have they released enough with the specific chakra cost symbols to collect the whole set? Those little gray circles with element symbols aren't on any other cards, and I wonder if all 5 are out. Personally, I prefer vanilla cost, for added flexibility, but someday, it might be nice to have them, and I'm not jsut asking for someone to give them, but if they know whether all are out, that would be nice to know. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:06 am

Uh oh, why do I hear the voice of Dr. McCoy saying "they're dead, Jim!"? When the Naruto manga on mnagaStream updates more often than this site, I grow concerned. Please don't say we're dead?
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 am

venkelos wrote:
Uh oh, why do I hear the voice of Dr. McCoy saying "they're dead, Jim!"? When the Naruto manga on mnagaStream updates more often than this site, I grow concerned. Please don't say we're dead?

hmm, maybe my temporary death has something to do with this XD
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

it was nice to post cards with many of you. i will not post here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nightmaree31
Genin
Genin
Nightmaree31

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 am

Just curious, I read the Super Rare template is a reward from this tournament, is a Void template a reward as well? If so Im going to try to enter for them.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:26 am

well its been fun, but R.I.P to mendos ongoing tourney
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 am

T_T You lasted so lone. You kept going on without me. Mendo's Ongoing Tourney you shall truly always be remembered.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:03 am

Sadly this sites members kept dropping ever since Bandai blocked images on there site and less people gone on there to create cards. Sad
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:57 am

Awh, Ven = Sad I really enjoyed these contests; never started one mostly to avoid stepping on the toes of everyone else who was trying to conduct them, and because it was an excuse to keep MAKING cards. Now it doesn't look like there will be any more. If anyone does start another, please PM me, or if no one else wants to run one, but anyone else wants to compete, I could try to oversee one.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 am

Unfortunately, it seems everyone is moving on with their lives. The best we can wish is that everyone will remember the great times we've had here and carry them through their lives. And if anyones like me ill probably randomly show up to this site again in 5 years cause i didn't delete it form my favs lol. :P

Gotta say the funnest parts were starting Mendo's Tourney and running that, along with making those 2 sets and previewing them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9