Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 am

Deadpoolwins, are you a Weezy Fan?
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:44 am

weezy??
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:54 am

deadpoolwins wrote:
weezy??

Lil Wayne.
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am

oh no, im not really a fan of rap, im more into metal, mainly death metal and scremo
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:37 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
My entry

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Rin

originally I was going to use this rlly cute chibi art, but unfortunately it was too small Sad
Ramblings aside, the art came from photobucket user Assisan_2009

I'm thinking the effect would read [Valid | Attacker | Mission] 2: Heal this... The three conditions would be wrapped in [] brackets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:43 am

venkelos wrote:
My entry

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Rin

originally I was going to use this rlly cute chibi art, but unfortunately it was too small Sad
Ramblings aside, the art came from photobucket user Assisan_2009

I'm thinking the effect would read [Valid | Attacker | Mission] 2: Heal this... The three conditions would be wrapped in [] brackets.

crap, I knew I was forgetting something. Oh and that's a 3 by the way
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

So it is. You win this one, salesman. I do like how there are four entries, and Team Minato is totally represented. No repeats, yet, or any of the bad guys. Nice how that worked out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:24 pm

venkelos wrote:

So it is. You win this one, salesman. I do like how there are four entries, and Team Minato is totally represented. No repeats, yet, or any of the bad guys. Nice how that worked out.

There's nearly no art for the bad guys, which is prolly why no one has done them yet.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Fixed my entry, and also edited her effect a little bit
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:08 pm

my entry:
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 070kakashi
i think his stats are ok with hand cost.
his effect should symbolize obito's sacrifice, and kakashi unleashed after obito's death. of course, he doesn't have sharingan eye stat.

all credit for the picture goes to masashi kishimoto and me! it is lined and colored screenshot.
i don't know why the crap did i mentioned that? for the future, all of my pictures are screenshots, so don't ask me where did i get it.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:21 pm

deadpoolwins wrote:
oh no, im not really a fan of rap, im more into metal, mainly death metal and scremo

Oh okay, I wondered due to your "Location" of Wayne's World.
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:13 am

MJM wrote:
deadpoolwins wrote:

You'll have to pardon Elsher, he is underageb&, and doesn't know about Mike Myer's wonderful film.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:
MJM wrote:
deadpoolwins wrote:

You'll have to pardon Elsher, he is underageb&, and doesn't know about Mike Myer's wonderful film.

Go back to your Sonic. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 am

Before I start, I just want to ask what’s with all this Kakashi (Younger Days) nonsense? Back in my day we called him Boyhood and that was the way we liked it! /oldmanrant

Minato
Art 4/5
The coloration here is the only thing that really bothers me. It’s just overall not that great, particularly the hair and the forehead protector.

Layout 5/5
Seems fine, but the flavor text is a bit on the cramped side.

Grammar 4.5/5
The flavor text should not be in quotes. Those are used for a quote from the character. When it is a quote describing the character, it is left out of quotations.

Heads shouldn’t be capitalized.

Playability 4.5/5
This effect is definitely superb and the card fits well into Lightning’s 5 drop slot. It’s just hurt by the fact that it is far less effective against one man teams, due to the lower likelihood of getting a heads.

Creativity 5/5
There are two things I really like about this effect. The first is that it is very similar in nature to the BP Rasengan, which is fitting since that is Minato’s jutsu. The second is that it fits the nature of the order because it makes them standby, indicating that they literally fled on sight. Overall, this is one of my favorite effects in terms of fitting the character.

Total 23/25

Rin
Art 4/5
The color here is quite clearly off. It’s got a very definite pinkish tint to it.

Layout 5/5
Looks good.

Grammar 5/5
No visible problems here.

Playability 2.5/5
The main thing that hurts this card is the cost. 3 to heal a ninja and draw 2 and discard 1 seems a bit on the expensive side when there are plenty of missions in Wind that draw and it already has much cheaper healing. I’m not sure it’s completely worthwhile in any element, but it can be good in some situations, s it isn’t terrible.

Creativity 3.5/5
This card doesn’t really feel like it brings anything new to the table, but it is thematically appropriate.

Total 20/25

Kakashi (Younger Days) [aurelio]
Art 5/5
It’s always a bit unnerving when the art ends before the legs like this, but the picture just looks so badass that I find myself not caring. Very nice.

Layout 5/5
This seems fine.

Grammar 2/5
The first part of the effect should be the cost, eliminating the need for the “in that case” part. Also, it should say “Sacrifice 1 injured Ninja” rather than what it does say.

“For the rest of the turn” should be “during this turn.”

Playability 3.5/5
Lack of Growth is strange and hurts it a bit.

The stats don’t at all fit that of a Turn 3 ninja that has a hand cost. They are pretty bad.

The effect itself is pretty decent. Though it is a bit of a blow to sacrifice an injured ninja, the ability to use one of your bigger jutsu early on can be well worth it. It’s especially interesting as a tech card to use off-element cards with generic costs and weird requirements.

Creativity 5/5
Conceptually, this card is interesting as hell; it’s just that in practice, the effect is a bit situational. It really does fit the flavor though. I’m assuming ignoring requirements is a nod to the Sharingan’s ability to copy things.

Total 20.5/25

Kakashi (Younger Days) [SatanSpawnGenma]
Art 4.5/5
The color here is really white. It’s like he contrast is way up or something. That said, it’s still a pretty cool picture, so a little bonus there.

Layout 4/5
The combat attribute is too far up and to the left, so it’s starting to leave the box. It’s pretty noticeable.

Grammar 3/5
Flip should be capitalized. Damage should be capitalized. Battling should be capitalized.

There shouldn’t be a comma after the “Opponent’s Ninjas” part.

It should say “this Ninja” rather than “this Ninja’s team.“

Playability 2.5/5
The lack of Growth hurts this card.

It’s a bit understatted for a 4 drop.

There’s some pretty stiff competition for the 4 drop slot in fire and I’m not sure that an effect that has a chance of doing nothing would make the cut. Had the effect had a drawback rather than a randomizer, I’d definitely say this card could see some play. Maybe if it gave one damage to Kakashi? It would better reflect the danger it places Kakashi in.

Creativity 4/5
The effect seems interesting, but it also feels a bit generalized in nature. It doesn’t fit it exactly and it begs the question “why Kakashi’s Chidori is imperfect when he has the Sharingan?”

Total 18/25

Obito
Art 5/5
I really like this picture.

Layout 4/5
The combat attribute is too far up and to the left, so it’s starting to leave the box. It’s pretty noticeable.

Grammar 2.75/5
There is a random comma after “Jutsus”.

Turn is misspelled. Attacker is misspelled.

You used “Ninja” rather than “Ninja card” in the cost. As seen on both Anbu from Set 21, “Ninja card” iis the correct term in this situation.

Playability 3/5
The stats are respectable for a Turn 3.

Considering Growth, this is probably better as a put in play effect rather than effect that puts the ninja in play.

The 3 drop in Fire isn’t crowded, but this is an effect that won’t see a great deal of use as anything more than a means to put in play a free ninja, which isn’t really in the spirit of the card and kind of makes it unbalanced. Turn 3 is a bit early to worry about jutsu cards.

Creativity 3/5
The effect is pretty generic, though fitting of the Sharingan. Still, it would have been nice too see something a little more unique.

Total 17.75/25
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:41 am

woah Shocked
That was fast judging
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 am

woah Shocked
That was fast judging
I just started early and help my post until midnight in case there were any last minute changes. I'll probably do it like this from now on. I probably would have before but for some reason I didn't. Probably because I got into the habit of having a week to judge before. I much prefer a more brisk schedule like this anyway.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:28 am

hey dude, thanks for quick judging.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:52 pm

aurelio wrote:
hey dude, thanks for quick judging.
No problem. Just doing my job.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks for the quick judging Link! Also, new theme and points are updated!
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:35 am

ok so heres my animal, in case you all didnt know this is danzo's summoning that he uses against sasuke, whose power as almost enough to defeat susano'o.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Baku

all credit goes to me, it is an edited cutscene Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:06 am

ok my second entry, i was having trouble finding good images fro a non over used animal, so i ended up choosing this guy, unfortunatly, it doesnt have a name as of yet, so for now its just giant hawk.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Gianthawk

Last edited by deadpoolwins on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:09 am

deadpoolwins wrote:
ok my second entry, i was having trouble finding good images fro a non over used animal, so i ended up choosing this guy, unfortunatly, it doesnt have a name as of yet, so for now its just giant hawk.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Hawk

You wouldn't pay the handcost because of his effect anyways, as well as the fact that you can drop him onto the field on Turn 0 and have him be a 5/5 with no drawback..
Back to top Go down
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 am

hahaha so i was informed that my card was a little bit um... crazy so i edited it's effect Smile
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 pm

satanspawngenma wrote:
ok so heres my animal, in case you all didnt know this is danzo's summoning that he uses against sasuke, whose power as almost enough to defeat susano'o.

nah bro, no way I could get beaten by some elephant Tongue

Here's my entry

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Kosuke

I got the pic from Google Images. It was apparently a screenshot from the anime.

As for the birthday thing... I'm guessing...
MJM!!!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 pm

deadpoolwins wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Gianthawk

Nooooooo you took my picture!!! Lol I was gonna use that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next