Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 8:18 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
Apologies for the lateness, but I was distracted while I was doing it, so it took me an extra hour or so.

Dummy [Susano’o the Storm God]
Art 5/5
So those are dummies. I guess. Two for the price of one; not a bad deal, I suppose.

Layout 5/5
What is this mysterious combat attribute? Tell me! I must know.

Grammar 5/5
I have nothing funny to say here. The joke in this one is that the last two would be considered funny.

Playability 2/5
There is one major thing that really hurts this card. The problem is that this card is unique. I’m not sure if it was an oversight on your part or a conscious decision. But when even Yamato can apparently be in three places at once, I think it is cool to give these guys non-unique.

There is also a minor thing that hurts this card. Stats. This card has really bad stats. True it is a free ninja, so the stats shouldn’t be great, but considering you need a Manipulation ninja to send them out, I don’t think 2 support would be a big deal. Most early manipulation guys aren’t that strong anyway.

Creativity 5/5
The effect is interesting because it allows Puppets to get in an early rush. In general I don’t approve of this new trend of giving every ninja card a free put in play effect, but I think it works with this card. I honestly can’t judge the flavor of this card, since I don’t even know where these things are from.

Total 22/25

Damn, I forgot to put Non-Unique XD
That's why he has those drawbacks, because he was supposed to be Non-Unique Embarassed
The intent was for Dummy to be similar to Anbu, except it's actually balanced by having shitty stats and the requirement of having a manipulation ninja.
Oh and Dummy comes from Shippuden episode 23 or 24, can't quite remember. It was shown when Chiyo introduced Sasori to the Puppet master jutsu in a filler flashback.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Looking forward to the new theme, new theme please? Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 76186
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm

There's no theme this week guys. It's to rest for the big "tournament" next week.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 am

MJM wrote:
There's no theme this week guys. It's to rest for the big "tournament" next week.

any sneak peeks on this "Big Tournament" you speak of? Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 76186
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:14 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
MJM wrote:

any sneak peeks on this "Big Tournament" you speak of? Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 76186
It's a tournament and also big. And it spans a period of time.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:24 am

Hikari Link wrote:
MJM wrote:

It's a tournament and also big. And it spans a period of time.

>_>

Also MJM, the point board needs to be updated
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:26 am

Updated everything including the big tournament details! Let the tournament commence!
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:23 am

so quick question, when you say you have to do all the rarities, do you mean in order, like super rare, rare, uncommon, common. or does it need to be common, uncommon, rare, super rare. or can it be in any order
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:10 pm

satanspawngenma wrote:
so quick question, when you say you have to do all the rarities, do you mean in order, like super rare, rare, uncommon, common. or does it need to be common, uncommon, rare, super rare. or can it be in any order

Pretty sure it's random your choice. Among four cards, each rarity needs to be represented, but which type gets which rarity is up to you, so long as you have four cards, and none of them can have the same rarity. The only order imposed will be type; for instance, this week, we'll have to make a Ninja, then next week, probably a Jutsu, and so on, so that they can be fairly compared.

I look a rather forward to this, and with no "only 1 person per character" stipulation, I can put some serious thought into it. However, what's the fourth card going to be? I think it might be good to know if it will be a second Ninja, a free-for-all, a rare Client-type (seeing as they haven't been used much, of late); otherwise, it's hard to know where to toss each rarity. If I make a Ninja (U), a Jutsu (R), and a Mission (C), and then you say "make a Client, making a Super Rare Client that fits with the theme might be a bit tricky.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:17 pm

so my theme is Pein(pain)

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Painpath

credit goes to nagato392

my jutsu

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Chkradisruption

credit to me

Last edited by satanspawngenma on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 pm

im changing my theme to leaf shinobi

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Konohamaru-1

credit goes to mushengene89

and a jutsu to go with it

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Sexy

the credit for this image goes to me

Last edited by deadpoolwins on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 pm

I moved on to something else. This isn't my entry now, but I might want to reference it later.
Spoiler:

Last edited by venkelos on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 pm

my theme will be "anbu".

first entry, rare:

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 066toruneaburame

i was very happy when i saw this moment in anime, so i just had to take a screenshot. i have good ideas for my next entries.
also, i hope that every next theme will be different: mission, jutsu, client, squad/reinforcement or whatever...
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 am

So a slight change of plans everyone.
The truth is that this whole month-long tournament was my idea. It turns out that MJM misunderstood what I was saying, so with his permission, I am clarify the prompt.

There will actually be 8 cards, not 4. 2 per week. 1 Ninja and One Mission/Jutsu/Client/Reinforcement/Squad/Platoon/etc. in any combination of your own choosing and in any order, but the format will remain the same each week, 1 Ninja and 1 non-Ninja (excluding Squads and such). Of the Ninja category, you should have the following:

1. 1 Early Game Ninja

2. 1 Early-Mid Game Ninja (depending on the theme)

3. 1 Mid-Late Game Ninja (depending on the theme)

4. 1 Ninja that ties the theme together (i.e. Hinata Student or Kusuna)

The rarity on each of these cards is irrelevant, but it must be one of each rarity. The same applies for the non-Ninja cards. You may use these slots in any order you choose. There will be a winner every week, in addition to the overall winner, which will be judged out of 200 points. With MJM's permission, there may be an increase in weekly points due to the extra cards you have to make each week. Due to the confusion, there may be a minor extension for this week's submissions, if you guys feel you need it. Also, feel free to change your current cards out if you'd rather have them used in a later week or if you want to change your theme.

If there are any questions or concerns, please voice them.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 am

Do all the cards have to correspond to each other, or can all the cards just share a certain characteristic (say, byakugan) but their effects don't rlly tie into each other?
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 am

Do all the cards have to correspond to each other, or can all the cards just share a certain characteristic (say, byakugan) but their effects don't rlly tie into each other?
Well the point is basically to create a theme that can be made into a deck-type, so that's really up to you. Typically, themes share a common goal, but if you want something more general, that is up to you. Though it does remind me that there should probably be a bonust for the theme as a whole in addition to the 200 points from just the straight cards. I'll speak with MJM about it and we'll hammer it out.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:54 am

venkelos wrote:

For the character art, the important segment is from the anime, but the lower area is mine; there is just no good pictures of this Danzo, and I challenge anyone to find such, without grainy movement-action quality to it. I still liked mine better; thinking that his arm was sheathed in wood was cooler than the pale thing. Oh well.

trollolololol, I was looking for a Danzo with just sharingan eye (right arm still hidden) and I found 2 or 3 rlly good pics of Danzo with the right arm revealed. There's actually a pretty healthy amount of good Danzo pics out there Wink
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:27 am

venkelos wrote:

For the character art, the important segment is from the anime, but the lower area is mine; there is just no good pictures of this Danzo, and I challenge anyone to find such, without grainy movement-action quality to it. I still liked mine better; thinking that his arm was sheathed in wood was cooler than the pale thing. Oh well.

trollolololol, I was looking for a Danzo with just sharingan eye (right arm still hidden) and I found 2 or 3 rlly good pics of Danzo with the right arm revealed. There's actually a pretty healthy amount of good Danzo pics out there Wink

I don't wish to be a jerk, but I just did a search, after reading this, and I still found not much. Many are drawn and colored by people who aren't anime-on-screen level good, and others cut off above his waist. While neither fact is really bad (I can't approach drawing as well as many of these, and full-body are small), two things various judges here have knocked me points for, some of the time, is picture quality and character quantity. If it looks more like a colored shot of the manga (for a while, that's the only way we get some newer characters, rather than cut right out of an episode of the show, I have been repeatedly docked in contests, and most cards show the whole character, while the anime focuses on close-ups, so we can see emotions. I just didn't see anything that was this stance, but better quality. If you pause, you get in-motion afterimages, more than likely, and it looks bad.

If you know something good to type into Google Images, I'll gladly peruse more pics, and try to find a better one, but my various searches haven't resulted in such, yet. Still, thanks for the notice.

EDIT: I did find two if his arm is still sealed, and Sharingan still concealed, and one that is mostly what I used, but the arm detail tanks off from the rest, so I still like mine, better. If I see good Danzo + hidden arm + Sharingan, I'll PM it to you, or something.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
The truth is that this whole month-long tournament was my idea. It turns out that MJM misunderstood what I was saying, so with his permission, I am clarify the prompt.

There will actually be 8 cards, not 4. 2 per week. 1 Ninja and One Mission/Jutsu/Client/Reinforcement/Squad/Platoon/etc. in any combination of your own choosing and in any order, but the format will remain the same each week, 1 Ninja and 1 non-Ninja (excluding Squads and such). Of the Ninja category, you should have the following:

1. 1 Early Game Ninja

The rarity on each of these cards is irrelevant, but it must be one of each rarity. The same applies for the non-Ninja cards. You may use these slots in any order you choose. There will be a winner every week, in addition to the overall winner, which will be judged out of 200 points. With MJM's permission, there may be an increase in weekly points due to the extra cards you have to make each week. Due to the confusion, there may be a minor extension for this week's submissions, if you guys feel you need it. Also, feel free to change your current cards out if you'd rather have them used in a later week or if you want to change your theme.

Maybe this is simple, but I don't think my brain can do simple, right now. So, we make two cards each week, one's a Ninja, and the other is any other type that relates to it (Squad, Rein, Jutsu, Mission, Client), and each week's should be related to a theme overall?

Example:
Theme - Sound 4

Week1: T3 Tayuya & a Jutsu for her
Week2: T5 Kimimaro & a T6 Kimi Reinforcement
Week3: T4 Sakon & a Mission, say something that gives all Sound 4 Jonin
Week 4: T3 Kidomaru & a jutsu for Sound 4 overall

How the rarity works into this, now, I've got nothing.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 pm

i also have a question. do we have to post card in specific order (first week early game, next week mid game, other week late game, etc...), since i have posted mid game ninja.

i am confused...
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Sorry for totally butchering Link's idea. Skype conversations can be messy when you're not on at the same time.

Simplistically, I'll give you the Requirements. This week is changed to Early Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). Next week will be Early-Mid Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). The following week will be Mid-Late Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). The final week will be a Ninja that ties the theme together (the point of the theme or the finisher or a card like Madara) + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). I'm going to edit Link's idea a bit and say that you have to use 1 at least 1 Jutsu and 1 Mission within the month. If anyone still has questions, ask here and Link and I will try our best to answer them.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:56 pm

venkelos wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:

1. 1 Early Game Ninja

Maybe this is simple, but I don't think my brain can do simple, right now. So, we make two cards each week, one's a Ninja, and the other is any other type that relates to it (Squad, Rein, Jutsu, Mission, Client), and each week's should be related to a theme overall?

Example:
Theme - Sound 4

This is close to the idea, though you should have a Turn 0 or 1 in there as well. The point is to make a theme that can become a deck-type, similar to Quartet or Students.

As for Rarity, by the end you should have 2 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Rares, and 2 Super Rares; 1 of each from the Ninja and non-Ninja category.
aurelio wrote:
i also have a question. do we have to post card in specific order (first week early game, next week mid game, other week late game, etc...), since i have posted mid game ninja.

i am confused...
The order is irrelevant. Go ahead in any order you want.
MJM wrote:
Sorry for totally butchering Link's idea. Skype conversations can be messy when you're not on at the same time.

Simplistically, I'll give you the Requirements. This week is changed to Early Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). Next week will be Early-Mid Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). The following week will be Mid-Late Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). The final week will be a Ninja that ties the theme together (the point of the theme or the finisher or a card like Madara) + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja). I'm going to edit Link's idea a bit and say that you have to use 1 at least 1 Jutsu and 1 Mission within the month. If anyone still has questions, ask here and Link and I will try our best to answer them.
I'm not sure about this. What if it is a theme deck that reveals around not playing Missions cards or Jutsu cards? Like if they make a Mission Jinzo?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
venkelos wrote:
Hikari Link wrote:

1. 1 Early Game Ninja

Example:
Theme - Sound 4

This is close to the idea, though you should have a Turn 0 or 1 in there as well. The point is to make a theme that can become a deck-type, similar to Quartet or Students.

As for Rarity, by the end you should have 2 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Rares, and 2 Super Rares; 1 of each from the Ninja and non-Ninja category.
aurelio wrote:

i am confused...
MJM wrote:

I'm not sure about this. What if it is a theme deck that reveals around not playing Missions cards or Jutsu cards? Like if they make a Mission Jinzo?

Hikari Link outsmarts me again. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 8:05 pm

hikari link wrote:
mjm wrote:
This week is changed to Early Game Ninja + (Jutsu/Mission/Client/Irregular Ninja)

which one's information should i follow?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:24 pm

Me. I think keeping it in order is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next