Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Well, I wasn't sure what i wanted to make, but for now, I think I will go with this.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 ShippudenSasukeReprintforContestImage2-1

One of the things I sort of wish they had done with this one, and the Naruto that goes with it (a little less the Kimi, but some folks might've liked that), I rather wish that they would've started using the naming mechanic above, so that you could field three other Sasukes. I especially say that because Naruto did start getting that, soon after, while Sasuke hasn't till now, and even now, it's a Reinforcement, so it isn't really a biggie. There are some Sasukes with (NAME), but most of them aren't great (to me), while this was my favorite Sasuke, until the Timeskip Fire Sasuke came out, and replaced him in my deck. The only other difference is, I suppose, he is slightly better in Support with a 2, rather than a 1. I don't feel it's a biggie for him, though, just a nice bonus bit, and I was feeling too lazy to change it for something weaker.

I suppose I might swap it out for something else, if I think of something, but I don't expect to; I am rather pleased with this one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:13 pm

wait a minute.
when you said "reprint" did you mean exactly the same picture, but new template, or it could be any other picture, but with the same effect text on a new template?
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:33 pm

aurelio wrote:
wait a minute.
when you said "reprint" did you mean exactly the same picture, but new template, or it could be any other picture, but with the same effect text on a new template?

Updated picture if you could.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:48 pm

i decided to go with shikaku as there is only 2 shikaku cards and i thought he could use a reamp.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EarthTemplate-1

Last edited by satanspawngenma on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 am

my entry:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 004hugedifferenceinability

when kakashi and his team with tazuna encountered demon brothers, he didn't even moved his forehead protector from sharingan. what a domination...
also, this was a very nice card from "dream legacy" set. it could be reprinted.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:53 am

Off topic this is quite litterally super off topic but i just discovered that they have plans to make a naruto live action movie and shia lebouf might be playing naruto:( this seems appaling. i found this online a pic of the dragonball evolution cast turned into naruto characters horrible.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 Fhwieubfuiew
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:02 pm

aurelio wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 004hugedifferenceinability

Argh, I hate that card. I like what you did with it, but I so hate when my friend hides his Orochimaru and Fish behind it. My Lightning (Naruto) Deck is not very Jonin-heavy, minus Jiraiya and Guy, so affecting him with my jutsus is a pain. I'm glad Kakashi is beginning to sashay into Lightning, even if he might be a little jutsu-light there (no Sharingans or Raikiris). Makes me wish it wasn't with a hand cost, as I feel Water was beefy enough, then. Very nice card.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Go my good old reliable Shika Flexy.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 015us
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:05 am

here's my entry. I hope you guys could forgive the small part I didn't erase on the edge, because I didn't see it until I merged all the layers, thus making it rlly hard to fix the card without actually ruining it.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EarthStyleHeadhunterjutsu
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:54 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
here's my entry. I hope you guys could forgive the small part I didn't erase on the edge, because I didn't see it until I merged all the layers, thus making it rlly hard to fix the card without actually ruining it.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EarthStyleHeadhunterjutsu

What program do you use?
Back to top Go down
Moderator X
Anbu
Anbu
Moderator X

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:01 am

satanspawngenma wrote:
Off topic this is quite litterally super off topic but i just discovered that they have plans to make a naruto live action movie and shia lebouf might be playing naruto:( this seems appaling. i found this online a pic of the dragonball evolution cast turned into naruto characters horrible.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 Fhwieubfuiew

I'm aware this is quite a popular thread but please keep these kind of things in their own threads.

If you would like to though, as long as other people aren't bothered you could post a link to the thread in question with a quick note about it to catch peoples attention.

I've noticed a lot of people on this site only check certain threads.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:27 am

...small part I didn't erase on the edge, because I didn't see it until I merged all the layers, thus making it rlly hard to fix the card without actually ruining it.

hey! p.m. me with your e-mail address, and i will give you my jutsu and mission templates, and i could give you some tips.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 3:39 pm

aurelio wrote:
...small part I didn't erase on the edge, because I didn't see it until I merged all the layers, thus making it rlly hard to fix the card without actually ruining it.

hey! p.m. me with your e-mail address, and i will give you my jutsu and mission templates, and i could give you some tips.

I already have mission and jutsu templates
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:29 pm

can it be a promo from that time period, or just those sets???
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 am

chidoricurrent2 wrote:
can it be a promo from that time period, or just those sets???
Yea, thats fine sorry for the Delay.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 am

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 N-us007

This Sakura has been one of my favorite Sakura's in the whole game. The effect was so unique that it had to be in format. It helps a numerous amount of decks, Water being one of them, but still it's a great card and should be in format.

Also, I chose to stick with the original effect text instead of rewording it.
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 pm

I always loved this card....i know it was a card that got over looked and some may even laugh but i always felt it had great potential.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 PoweroftheYouthcopy

Last edited by Sandboxkid on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Here is my entry the original Water Style: Giant Vortex Jutsu.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 Giant_10

It was always a staple for my old water deck and had many ninja capable of using it.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:25 pm

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:
i was about to make vortex, but i wasn't satisfied with screen-shots.
overall nice card.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:39 pm

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:

It was always a staple for my old water deck and had many ninja capable of using it.

The absolute bane of my existence; the card I despise more than any other, even in Water. If I have a Ninja that is unaffected, he's toast alone, and otherwise, a whole team's a wash. Never could figure out why only Water got such a thing, with the rest of its bag of tricks, except that this was set 1, so I suppose it didn't have those, yet. Overall, a very nice job.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:27 pm

venkelos wrote:
UchihaKyoji23 wrote:

The absolute bane of my existence; the card I despise more than any other, even in Water. If I have a Ninja that is unaffected, he's toast alone, and otherwise, a whole team's a wash. Never could figure out why only Water got such a thing, with the rest of its bag of tricks, except that this was set 1, so I suppose it didn't have those, yet. Overall, a very nice job.

Thanks! I use to crush my brother with it and when played with Sasuke & Orocimaru Squad, so your opponent is at turn 0 and have basically no ninja but, I usually used it with [DOCV] Zabuza whenever I wanted or Aoi Rokusho on turn 4 and I would just send him out to battle by himself to provoke my brother to block me.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Here's my entry. Like everyone else when they first saw it, I thought this card was so stylish and neat... but then, like everyone else, when I thought of the actual applications of the card, I realized... it was garbage. Still, it's one of those cards that when I would be flipping through and building decks I would stop on it and think "I sure wish I could use this card..." Anyway, here it is.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 AnkoMitarashi

I wanted to add the giant snake that was in the picture originally, but linearting it got difficult, and I ran out of time. So the picture ended up looking like Rasengan Anko. As usual, lineart and colors by moi.

It's been really interesting to see what others chose for this week, too.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 3:35 am

I'm just curious, but how come judging hasn't been posted yet? Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 563430
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 am

Judging wasnt posted because it was a freebe week. Everyone got 5 points and plus how can you judge a card that is just a reprint :p
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 am

hmm... i saw this week's theme. crap one...
how will you judge if you didn't watched anime, or don't know of anyone's ability?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next