Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 7:18 am

btw, here is my card:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 357tenzen
this was the first, and the last time to make cards which are not from "naruto" anime.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:29 am

aurelio wrote:
hmm... i saw this week's theme. crap one...
how will you judge if you didn't watched anime, or don't know of anyone's ability?

I'm sorry... don't blame naruto4ever, this theme was my idea. I thought it sounded fun to have a lot of new options. I hope you can forgive me, it wasn't my intention to take away the fun for anyone else. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 am

aurelio wrote:
hmm... i saw this week's theme. crap one...
how will you judge if you didn't watched anime, or don't know of anyone's ability?
You act as if Judging is based on something that requires that knowledge. Judging is simply done by spotting out grammar errors, picture errors (which are obvious, you don't need character knowledge for it), and effect errors/balancing. None of these require you to know the characters background at all.

I think its one of the cooler themes we've had lately. Last weeks was more of the boring ones. Also if you don't like the theme just don't participate, you ever think about that?
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:02 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
I'm sorry... don't blame naruto4ever, this theme was my idea. I thought it sounded fun to have a lot of new options. I hope you can forgive me, it wasn't my intention to take away the fun for anyone else. Sorry.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Forino

i love you!

mendokuse wrote:
hey, don't get so excited... imo, theme sucks, that's all.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:58 pm

We'll just have to ask everyone what they think cause i really liked this kind of theme.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:10 pm

It's a good choice Lovely Ino. I like this weeks theme it gives you so many options with a wide variety of effects to go with your characters. Thumbs up
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:46 pm

just a quick question when making the cards do you want us to include stats like leaf male jonin as so on or like for example a bleach card as soul society male captain and such.
additionally with effects do you want the effects to relate to the naruto game itself like giving all lets say genin +1/+1 or something more unrelated like other soul society ninja get +1/+1, or just stick to effects like this ninja cannot be effected..... or send back to top of deck when discarded... so on and so forth:)
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Mugen

Haven't done this in a while.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:17 pm

just to reiterate what i was saying in my other post, when creating a card such as Kenpachi Zaraki from bleach when writing the characteristics, do you want use to keep it like Leaf/male/jonin/surge or do you want us to do it more like soul society/male/captain/surge
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Satanspawn: You do not need to include that stuff, just put what you think is necessary in Naruto lingo
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:10 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Mugen

Haven't done this in a while.

good lord, he made a card ^_^
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:00 am

i decided to go with tsunayoshi sawada from katekyo hitman reborn, because i thought it would be an interesting person to attempt to put in the naruto game.
as for the reason i put him on a wind template is for those who dont know tsuna uses the flames of the sky so i figured that the wind would represent sky. as for the fire he uses the dying will flame so i figured fire was appropriate.
also as for the combat attribute he fights using his gloves(thus weapon), and his dying will flame(thus flame)
i changed the ninja attribute to say yakuza in japanese and mafia next to it.
for the attributes, i changed leaf/mist/...etc to vongola because that is the family(or in this case village) hes from. i put his rank as boss because boss is the title for the leader in the mafia. additionally i figured boss would be an equal rank to satoosa. i figured surge could give him an added boost which he often gets throughout the show. also when in the dying will form he gains plenty of intellect thus the 2 mental power.
finally his effect is the zero point break through which for those of you who dont know is an ability in which tsuna is able to freeze his opponent as well as their flames, however the opponent is eventually able to break free, and is unusable against higher level people. thus i figure the freezing effect could be to change someone to a standby ninja and because they are frozen it will last 2 turns, but since it cant be used against too high level of people i figured 5 and below was appropriate.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Tsunacard
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:25 am

I went with Ulquiorra from Bleach. Overall, he is a toned down Sasuke CH. H ecan only target Ninja's with an Entrance cost less than him, but you pay 2 water chakra instead of damaging one of your ninjas. I gave him a hand cost to make sure he's not splashible and to make up for the higher stats, and Jonin to up his playability because Ulquiorra is definately jonin lvl, but I couldn't add in the effect text "This Ninja is considered to have Jonin". I consider Hueco Mundo an affliation because that's where most of Aizen's army reside, and Espada as a rank. I gave him Weapon and Taijutsu CA, because he showed he was very proficient with a sword, and taijutsu because Ulquiorra pwned Ichigo with his bare hands. Also, if you guys are interested, I could create all the Espada and their release forms. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 76186

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Ulquiorra

Last edited by Susano'o the Storm God on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Damn, and here I was, hoping to be the first Bleach poster. Oh well. Here's mine, Orihime from Bleach, arguably my favorite character of said anime/manga.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 ShippudenOrihimeforContestImage

I wanted Orihime to be tougher, but there are so many "professional" ninjas in Naruto who are still 0/0, and she is more support, anyway, even with the taijutsu. She gets a bit tougher when injured, because she loses her first effect, though she can simply heal, if someone better doesn't need it. Since her powers are so unique, I decided to follow in the footsteps of Zetsu and Tobi, and gave her the ? Combat attribute.

As for her effects, the first one is her great power, rewinding time, as it were, and shielding against something nasty. Since time is backing up, the chakra spent comes back, but the jutsu still goes to chakra, or it would get redundant. As for the second, she can heal others. That about wraps her up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:23 pm

venkelos wrote:
Damn, and here I was, hoping to be the first Bleach poster. Oh well. Here's mine, Orihime from Bleach, arguably my favorite character of said anime/manga.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 ShippudenOrihimeforContestImage

I wanted Orihime to be tougher, but there are so many "professional" ninjas in Naruto who are still 0/0, and she is more support, anyway, even with the taijutsu. She gets a bit tougher when injured, because she loses her first effect, though she can simply heal, if someone better doesn't need it. Since her powers are so unique, I decided to follow in the footsteps of Zetsu and Tobi, and gave her the ? Combat attribute.

As for her effects, the first one is her great power, rewinding time, as it were, and shielding against something nasty. Since time is backing up, the chakra spent comes back, but the jutsu still goes to chakra, or it would get redundant. As for the second, she can heal others. That about wraps her up.

lol, I was originlly gonna make fun of Yugioh, (such as the "heart of the cards" bullshit) but then I decided I migt as well make a character I like. Nice card though. Can't her CA be Medicine? I'm pretty sure almost everyone who has medical is given medicine combat attribute. "?" does fit her well too though, because like you said, she has very unique powers.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:19 pm

Here is my entry for this weeks tourney. Zero/Lelouch from Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Zero10

Now as for the reason for the effects that he has.
1. With his Geass power he needs to come into contact with his targets eyes and his usual command is for them to kill themselves.
2. Lelouch is very smart and in a mental type deck he should be a monster. In my opinion he would come in 2nd as far as smarts go for any character in an anime, 1st would go to Yoko Kurama. With that said I gave him the ability to give a -2 Mental Power to your opponents Ninja.
Niether of his effects are valid so after he is injured he is a decent support Ninja. As for his attack and support, his attack is a 1 in healthy status because he really isn't a physically strong character, so because of how smart he is he would need an amazing support to make up for it. He basically takes over the entire world after all.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:23 am

Alright lets rock it with some Gintama!!
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Gintoki

So Idea behind card is, the anime and this character loves to break 4th wall, and make cross references. And im making a good old magic cross reference. So this whole effect is pretty much making it so injured=tapping in magic. So you can use his uber awesomeness but then you gotta wait till begin of your next turn for him to untap.

This of course causes temp use grief which is why he has good stats and WILLPOWER added. Willpower for those who forgot was my special ability from my old Samurai theme. In summary it means, if you die or get removed, you last till the end of the turn to at least finish the battle, then you go away.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Okie dokie, for my entry I chose Archer.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Archer-naruto

Also, I made two more cards, that aren't entries, but would theoretically exist along with this card. They should be considered when evaluating the gravity of his effect.

Spoiler:

Okay, as a little explanation if you're unfamiliar with the character, he can create his weapons from nothing, just by imagining them. He uses this ability to recreate the most powerful relics in history, including Caldbolg, Hrunting, and other famous weapons. So, his first effect allows him to use weapons that don't "exist", he draws them from his memory instead.

For his second effect, in case you didn't know, an aria is a solo in an opera, but in this context, it refers to the lines of his incantation for his technique "Unlimited Blade Works"... if you'd like to see this in action, and know why his card is covered in gears and smoke, I would ask that you please spare 6 minutes of your time to watch this video. It's neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZBAEk_Ugmk

From a gameplay perspective, I think Archer's effect is really useful in a weapon based deck, even if he only had Kansho & Byakuya. If Unlimited Blade Works goes off, it's pretty much over, since Kansho & Byakuya becomes free, you can send out Archer by himself and keep reusing it until you have a billion team power if you want, Archer's immune to Ninja effects because of K&B, and if you searched for Wind Slicer, you can negate any jutsus thrown your way, without even worrying about having wind chakra. However, it's at the very least, a Turn 6 technique, and there are several ways to stop it... so it's at least sorta balanced.

I actually had a great time putting this card together, and it's been fun seeing some of the series' the rest of you like, too!
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Im loving all the entries so far. Keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Mine will be up later today.
Back to top Go down
Datenshi Uchiha
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
Datenshi Uchiha

Male Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Kisuke
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 am

Here is my entry for this week....
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 ReiAyanami

I have always been a HUGE Eva fan and couldn't pass up a chance to make a Rei card.

Artwork by yours truly!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:00 pm

My entry for this week is one of my favorite anime that is kind of not an anime. Avatar.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 N-814

It shows her ability to see through vibrations (in this case Battle Rewards) and thus, improving her instincts (protecting her from Damage).

Her second ability makes it so she has a limit to her protection and that you can't abuse the flipping.

Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 am

exactly when is judging supposed to be posted? Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 563430
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:26 am

if you are lazy to judge, you can say it. at least post a new theme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next