Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:31 am

my entry:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 040jiraiya
jiraiya sacrificed his own life to discover a secret which saved many lives. so, this effect is a tribute to one of my favorite characters. i think it is cool to sacrifice all cards with same name in exchange to be untouchable for one turn. and i think sr rarity is fair.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:32 pm

How the "mighty" have fallen; top of the leader boards to the bottom, in one day. Must confess, it's slightly odd, considering I won, or got third. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Icon_sad Oh well, I'll just have to come up with something good, and climb back up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Well, he's one of my favorite characters, who has been very underused, until now, in the manga, so I decided to make a Minato, the great hero who gave his life to save the village, and his wife and son, and who set much of everything else in motion.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 ShippudenMinatoSacrificeImage

Minato here has two effects:
The first one is sort of weird, but I think it can work. In a sort of weird variation of surge, he can sacrifice a bit of himself, or a clone, in order to grapple death with an enemy. Doing this renders that Ninja powerless. Of course, one can't maintain the hold without dying, so Minato lets go quick. It might seem like a weird effect, but there are some weird ninjas right now, who are getting Surge, an attribute I don't see some of them actually using. If you have any other 4ths, and there are a few options now, then this could be a very nice effect to use.
As for the second, when he does finally die, he will seal the enemy away, forever. It might even be cool if it was what won the game for you.

Hopefully, my little point sink here won't lose too many points. The symbols are visible, even if slightly obscured; it's just a bit too much work to clear them up, and the program might've crashed, in the process.

Last edited by venkelos on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 22ndhokage

i chose the 2nd hokage, because well first off hes a badass and doesnt get the credit he deserves, in fact i believe him to be better than the first, but also he gave up his very life to protect his village, his people, and his student. he let himself be killed so that hiruzen could escape and become the 3rd hokage.
the first effect was similar to the 2nd looking out for sarutobi, hiruzen, and his second effect was a hokage bonus to all of the leaf village

Last edited by satanspawngenma on Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : changed the card image)
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:01 pm

Well my choice of entry may not be main stream, but he died trying to protect something important to him. His art and pride. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Icon_tongue

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 M131
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Glad to see Mendo is still making cards.

Here's my entry, Kushina Uzumaki. Since she hasn't really been made by many, including Bandai, I decided to take control over every aspect.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 N-182

Let's start with her stats/costs/characteristics/etc. I wanted her to be a powerful Kunoichi and live up to the name of "Red Hot-Blooded Haberano" so I decided to give her some Turn 5 Stats but remain on Turn 4 so the Uzumaki/Kamikaze family cam curve (I.E. Naruto on 3, Kushina on 4, Minato on 5). In order to do this I had to give her the Hand Cost which hinders here splashability. 4/2 5/3 seemed decent and added up to 14 Power, average for a Turn 5 Ninja, plus it went along with the Uzumaki/Kamikaze theme of "I get bigger when I injure".

The characteristics aren't anything special except for the fact that she has Ambush which will make sense when you get to the effect. Plus, I wasn't entirely sure of giving her Jonin because it was never really established in the series but if she went to the Ninja Academy, she probably ended up as a Jonin. I also wondered if I should give her Whirlpool Country in addition to Leaf but I supposed it didn't make as much sense as it did when she was little.

As for Combat Attribute I wanted to give her Ninjutsu and/or Weapon, but then I remembered her hair so I had to use Hair Combat Attribute. Very Happy

Her effect is more of a Might Guy or Tobi effect. Basically when my Naruto would take Damage, I can charge her to draw a card and negate the Damage. Pretty good effect but I figured it wasn't THAT overpowered considering it can only work when I have Naruto. It shows how she would do anything to protect Naruto, even dispose of herself... Well, at least for now...

The second effect was more to fit in with the story line and the main reason she has Ambush. Basically, after she protects Naruto, she goes away to your Chakra. When the time is right, she can pop back into play but only for a brief moment because at the end of your turn, she goes back to Chakra. Makes sense, right?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

MJM wrote:
Glad to see Mendo is still making cards.

Here's my entry, Kushina Uzumaki. Since she hasn't really been made by many, including Bandai, I decided to take control over every aspect.

Let's start with her stats/costs/characteristics/etc. I wanted her to be a powerful Kunoichi and live up to the name of "Red Hot-Blooded Haberano" so I decided to give her some Turn 5 Stats but remain on Turn 4 so the Uzumaki/Kamikaze family cam curve (I.E. Naruto on 3, Kushina on 4, Minato on 5). In order to do this I had to give her the Hand Cost which hinders here splashability. 4/2 5/3 seemed decent and added up to 14 Power, average for a Turn 5 Ninja, plus it went along with the Uzumaki/Kamikaze theme of "I get bigger when I injure".

The characteristics aren't anything special except for the fact that she has Ambush which will make sense when you get to the effect. Plus, I wasn't entirely sure of giving her Jonin because it was never really established in the series but if she went to the Ninja Academy, she probably ended up as a Jonin. I also wondered if I should give her Whirlpool Country in addition to Leaf but I supposed it didn't make as much sense as it did when she was little.

As for Combat Attribute I wanted to give her Ninjutsu and/or Weapon, but then I remembered her hair so I had to use Hair Combat Attribute. Very Happy

Her effect is more of a Might Guy or Tobi effect. Basically when my Naruto would take Damage, I can charge her to draw a card and negate the Damage. Pretty good effect but I figured it wasn't THAT overpowered considering it can only work when I have Naruto. It shows how she would do anything to protect Naruto, even dispose of herself... Well, at least for now...

The second effect was more to fit in with the story line and the main reason she has Ambush. Basically, after she protects Naruto, she goes away to your Chakra. When the time is right, she can pop back into play but only for a brief moment because at the end of your turn, she goes back to Chakra. Makes sense, right?
Thanks, and nice card except 2nd effect oww. Costing a hand cost each turn.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:09 am

mendokuse wrote:

Well I suppose but you don't always have to deploy her via Ambush.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:41 am

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Well I suppose but you don't always have to deploy her via Ambush.
True.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 am

Hahaha, everyones got like the most epic character entries except for me. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 70171
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:04 am

Well I was going to make a Hizashi Hyuga but images for him are little or look pretty poor, so here is my entry.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Izuna_12

Madara's little brother Izuna who gave up both his eyes and his life to make his brother and his clan stronger.

Now as for the card it would either be limited to 1 or 2. I'm not sure witch though. He can be removed from the game and your opponent doesn't get a turn so I felt that your opponent should get something for so the second effect gives them a draw of 1 card.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:44 pm

In an unrelated note, the site I read the manga on, OneManga, is no longer supporting their mangas, because of complaints regarding them scanning the mangas, I suppose. Does anyone know of another place that has the up-to-date manga, in English, so I can stay up to date? I don't know where else to go; stores in this town (1) are still back with Danzo just becoming Hokage-stand in.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:21 pm

venkelos wrote:
In an unrelated note, the site I read the manga on, OneManga, is no longer supporting their mangas, because of complaints regarding them scanning the mangas, I suppose. Does anyone know of another place that has the up-to-date manga, in English, so I can stay up to date? I don't know where else to go; stores in this town (1) are still back with Danzo just becoming Hokage-stand in.
If you want just naruto. Type it into google tons will have it most come out before they did on OM. If your looking for a new manga reading site that will support other manga. Then cry with me cause i want my negima back. T_T
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Here's my entry: btw, his first effect can be applied at any time. His first can work because battle rewards aren't checked until the end phase.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Itachi2
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:55 pm

venkelos wrote:
Does anyone know of another place that has the up-to-date manga, in English.
mangastream.com
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:35 am

venkelos wrote:

I usually go to

http://www.thespectrum.net/manga_scans/naruto/

it has a whole lot of different manga there
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Okie dokie, naruto4ever was kind enough to let me help with judging a little this week. I'm sorry for any mistakes I make, I'm still trying to understand the new grading scale myself. I'll try my best not to disappoint you.

Grammar
Quote :
VALID: During your Mission Phase, you can remove this in-play Ninja from game. Then, look through your Deck and remove from game all the Ninja cards with “Jiraiya” in their name. In that case, all your in-play Ninjas get the following text during the turn: “Valid: This Ninja cannot be affected by your opponent’s effects.”
1 Capitalization error
1 Missing word
1 Non-legit sentence
1 Punctuation error

Grammar: 3.75/5

Playability
I don’t think he seems to be very playable. Obviously, there are no other (Sage Modes) for him to compete with, but I feel like 1 turn of complete protection isn’t worth such a great sacrifice. Naturally, it’s valid, which makes it better since you can use it while he’s injured. Also, it doesn’t actually stop you from playing other Jiraiya cards (see below), but I just don’t feel like he would earn a spot in most decks. Still good though. Just needs a little boost in my opinion.
Playability: 4/5

Creativity
One thing that bugs me about his effect is that he doesn’t search your hand for Jiraiyas. Which means that as long as you had one or two in your hand, they’re safe when you use his effect. I also don’t like that you can get full use of his effect even if he’s the only Jiraiya in your deck. I would’ve liked it more if it gave you a lasting protection effect (maybe a reduced one), and it cost you 1 Jiraiya every turn, or something like that. Still, I like the idea of a self Sealing Barrier effect, so that’s very creative.
Creativity: 2.5/3

Art
Pictures great, you’re so good at finding usable ones from the anime. I like the glow you added to the Rasengan as well; it’s a nice touch.
Art: 2/2

Total: 12.25/15 (aurelio)

Grammar
Quote :
During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 1 “The Fourth Hokage” Ninja card from your hand. In that case, the Power of 1 Ninja battling against this Ninja becomes 0/0 during the turn.

VALID: When this Ninja is discarded due to the Showdown, you can move 1 of your opponent’s Ninjas to your Battle Reward area, face down.
2 Non-legit sentences
1 Missing word

Playability
I think this card is great. His first effect makes him pretty scary whiles he’s out, and his second effect forces you to be careful when dealing with him. This guy could do a lot of damage, especially with Mastery. I think he would be perfect if it wasn’t for the fact that there is also a (Younger Days) and (Childhood), meaning his first effect could be used quite freely, which I think makes him a little too powerful.

Creativity
Neither of his effects are anything astoundingly original, but I like the idea behind them. Like you admitted yourself, his first effect is sort of an alternate Surge, and his second is akin to that old Anko from a while ago… so I’ll take off just a little for that, even though I see where you’re coming from.
Creativity: 2.8/3

Art
I’ve seen that picture of The Fourth a lot, and it’s a little blurry on top of that. The Reaper looks good, but he’s got a bit cut off below, and he does obscure the symbols a bit, like you said. As a side note, I know that the sound effect says “DOOM”, but with the sloppy handwriting, it looks like “YAWN”, which I find hilarious.
Art: 1.25/2

Total: 11.8/15 (venkelos)

Grammar
Quote :
Leaf | Satoosa | Male | Mental Power: 3 | MASTERY

VALID: When your “The Third Hokage” receives any Damage, you can reduce the Damage by 1. In that case, give 1 Damage to this Ninja.

VALID: Your “Leaf” Ninja cannot be affected by the effects of your opponent’s Ninja cards.
1 Missing word
1 Misplaced Characteristic

1 Capitalization error
Grammar: 4.25/5

Playability
Considering they’re both high entrance cost ninjas with different elements, I can’t see him in the same deck as The Third Hokage very often. Naturally, this Second would probably accompany a (Younger Days) version, possibly without hand cost, but even so, I would’ve liked to see him be dual element water/fire to make better use of his first effect. His second effect is really good, and is his main draw probably, but I don’t think it really matches some of the other Seconds we have access to. Still pretty good, though.

Creativity
First effect is ripped right from Yashamaru, and the second protection effect isn’t anything too original. There are lots of cards with very similar effects.

Creativity: 1.5/3

Art
I like the picture, but it would probably look better if you changed the brightness/contrast slightly; it seems a little faded. Also, there are some template problems, flavor text is hard to read, etc, so I’ll take just a bit off for that.
Art: 1.75/2

Total: 11.5/15 (satanspawngenma)

Grammar
Quote :
Akatsuki | Rogue Ninja | Jonin | Male | AMBUSH

VALID: Each time your opponent's Ninja uses a Jutsu card that includes “Requirements: ‘Genjutsu’ Combat Attribute”, and its effect is applied successfully, give 1 damage to that Ninja.
1 Misspelled word
1 Capitalization error
1 Non-legit sentence

Grammar: 4/5

Playability
In general, these “silver bullet” cards aren’t very useful, and I don’t think this one’s any exception. There are only a handful of jutsus with this requirement. A lot of genjutsus (genjutsu, space created by genjutsu, fear by genjutsu) lack this requirement, ironically. He’s probably better than vanilla Deidara, but I can’t see this guy getting any play. Maybe you should’ve raised his stats, or made him an entrance cost 4 or something? Maybe work in the Bomb coin mechanic?
Playability: 3/5

Creativity
It’s a creative effect, I like it. I don’t think complicated, off-the-wall effects are required for a good card, and I think this is a good example of a simple, fitting effect.
Creativity: 3/3

Art
Great picture. I don’t know if it’s overused or not because I haven’t seen a lot of the cards from before my time as a card maker, but I have no problems with it.

Total: 12/15 (mendokuse)

Grammar
Quote :
When your in-play “Naruto Uzumaki” would receive any Damage, if this Ninja card is in your hand, you can move this card to your Chakra area. In that case, negate the Damage and draw 1 card.

At the end of the turn this Ninja is deployed by the effect of “Ambush”, move it to your Chakra area.
3 Missing words

Playability
I don’t think that this card would see a whole lot of play. Basically, you have two choices: play her normally from your hand, which basically makes her vanilla, and her stats aren’t good enough to be a EC 4 HC 1 Vanilla. Alternately, if she ends up in your chakra area, I think she’s too expensive to keep reusing. She’ll almost always be healthy, and by turn 4 you can do a lot better than a 4/2. Why would you want to waste your deployment for the turn on an understatted Ninja (only counting healthy here) that goes away after a turn with no relevant effect? Also, I’m not sure on this, but because her second effect isn’t valid, does that mean she would stay out permanently if she’s injured? If so, is this what you intended?

Creativity
I wish I could give you 100 points here. Even if she’s a little underpowered, I love what you did with this card so much. Great idea, perfect execution. Bravo, you’ve really outdone yourself with this one.

Art
Color scheme is off, but the pic’s great. No problems here.

Total: 12.25/15 (MJM)

Grammar
Quote :
During your Mission Phase, you can remove this in-play Ninja from game. In that case, skip your opponent’s next turn.

VALID: When this Ninja is removed from play, your opponent draws 1 card.
1 Misspelled word
1 Non-legit sentence
2 Capitalization errors
1 Punctuation mistake

Grammar: 3.5/5

Playability
I think that this card is way too good. Skipping your opponent’s turn is a huge advantage, and I don’t think that any one card should be able to do it, and definitely not with such a light cost. You mentioned he should be limited, but I also think it’s wrong to design cards with the intent of them being limited. You should strive to make them as balanced as possible.

Creativity
Honestly, I don’t really see what his effect has to do with Izuna. That is, he sacrificed his eyes to make Madara and the Uchiha clan stronger, but how does turn skipping fit into that? It seems to me like he should have more of a strengthening effect or something…
Creativity: 2/3

Art
Picture is a little low quality, but that’s understandable, it’s hard to find good pictures of Izuna. It looks a little stretched vertically, too. So, I have to take off a little.

Total: 11.25/15 (uchihakyoji23)

Grammar
Quote :
Akatsuki | Leaf | Rogue Ninja | Jonin | Male | Mental Power: 3 | Sharingan Eye

VALID: When your opponent would win 10 or more Battle Rewards, you can discard this Ninja. In that case, discard your opponent’s Battle Reward(s) until they have 7 Battle Rewards.

While this card is in your Discard Pile, your in-play “Sasuke Uchiha” gets +2/+0 and cannot be affected by your opponent’s Jutsu cards.
8 Capitalization errors
1 Misspelled word
1 Non-legit sentence
1 Misplaced characteristic

Grammar: 2/5

Playability
Basically, this Itachi’s key effect allows you to save yourself from losing, but I don’t really feel like it matches some of the other Itachi cards out there. To elaborate, I find that in general, it’s hard to turn games around, and if your opponent has enough of an advantage to win 10 battle rewards, getting 3 more shouldn’t be that much of an issue. It does prevent some of the cheaper, direct attack decks, like Medical decks, but I don’t think such situational usefulness really lives up to [Genius in Genjutsu] or the new [Inferno].

Creativity
There seems to be something strange going on with this Itachi’s characteristics. That is, he has “Rogue Ninja” AND “Leaf”… I’m quite sure he should only have one or the other. To me, the whole timeline of this card is a little confusing, it seems to be Itachi at the beginning and end of his life simultaneously.
Creativity: 2.3/3

Art
I’m sorry, but since he’s got “Akatsuki” and an effect related to his death, I don’t really feel like that picture suits him at all.
Art: 1/2

Total: 9.3/15 (susano'o the storm god)
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm not complaining about the judging, but the Itachi has both leaf and rogue ninja because left the village, but he was still loyal to the village, thus meaning he is technically still a leaf ninja. As a side note, Zabuza and Haku have both mist and rogue too. I'm not complaining. Just saying. You did your best. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 76186
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:07 am

wow...
what a detailed judging. i think it is the best judging so far. thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:00 am

Lovely Ino wrote:

[b">Grammar
Quote :
When your in-play “Naruto Uzumaki” would receive any Damage, if this Ninja card is in your hand, you can move this card to your Chakra area. In that case, negate the Damage and draw 1 card.

At the end of the turn this Ninja is deployed by the effect of “Ambush”, move it to your Chakra area.
3 Missing words

Playability
I don’t think that this card would see a whole lot of play. Basically, you have two choices: play her normally from your hand, which basically makes her vanilla, and her stats aren’t good enough to be a EC 4 HC 1 Vanilla. Alternately, if she ends up in your chakra area, I think she’s too expensive to keep reusing. She’ll almost always be healthy, and by turn 4 you can do a lot better than a 4/2. Why would you want to waste your deployment for the turn on an understatted Ninja (only counting healthy here) that goes away after a turn with no relevant effect? Also, I’m not sure on this, but because her second effect isn’t valid, does that mean she would stay out permanently if she’s injured? If so, is this what you intended?

Creativity
I wish I could give you 100 points here. Even if she’s a little underpowered, I love what you did with this card so much. Great idea, perfect execution. Bravo, you’ve really outdone yourself with this one.

Art
Color scheme is off, but the pic’s great. No problems here.

Total: 12.25/15 (MJM)

She's not understat for her drop. She's a 14 total. 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 14. That's average Turn 5 Stats. In addition, cards like Amachi (Sea Monster) also have a Hand Cost on Turn 4 and have Turn 5 stats. So she is nowhere understat.

I know you don't play the game so it's understandable.

Also, Kushina would still be sent back if she gets Injured because the effect was triggered when she was deployed. The conditions were met (JUDGEMENT SHALL COME!) so the effect would resolve.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:20 am

MJM wrote:

She's not understat for her drop. She's a 14 total. 4 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 14. That's average Turn 5 Stats. In addition, cards like Amachi (Sea Monster) also have a Hand Cost on Turn 4 and have Turn 5 stats. So she is nowhere understat.

Also, Kushina would still be sent back if she gets Injured because the effect was triggered when she was deployed. The conditions were met (JUDGEMENT SHALL COME!) so the effect would resolve.

It's not about understated in case of a Normal Ninja. She has a Hand cost and shes turn 4. If you play her normally then she's effectively becomes a useless vanilla Ninja. And If i'm playing a hand cost ninja on turn 4 im not gonna waste it on a 4/2 vanilla ninja!!! Secondly, what LI was saying is what i said before, costing your deploy and 1 card from hand each turn to play her again just to have her go away without reaping any reward? It's pointless.

The first effect is nice, a good thing for a naruto deck. Anything past that and she's useless. So basically she's like a Naruto only Jutsu that you hold on to, to stop damage. Nothing more. Not saying thats bad, getting a draw and stopping damage is great, but it makes the rest of the text on her and the stats seem useless.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 am

MJM wrote:

I really don't think you can evaluate a card's worth just by adding up the numbers. That seems sort of like a naive approach to me. It's a lot more complicated than that, isn't it?

For instance, support is worth more than combat. A turn 0 with 4/0 has been seen, but a turn 0 with 0/4 would be absurd.

Additionally, if the points are spread out, they're not worth as much as if they were all in one spot. For instance, a 2/2 -> 2/2 is not as good as a 8/0 -> 0/0 (or better yet, 0/8 -> 0/0).

Further, I think that healthy stats are worth more than injured stats because they are instantly effective, as opposed to people like Naruto, who you have to wait to get their full power. I would take a 6/0 -> 0/0 over a 3/0 -> 6/0 any day, despite the latter adding up to a higher total.

Lastly, the power of their effect has a huge impact as well. A vanilla card would be expected to have much higher stats than a card of the same turn with an extremely powerful effect, right?

But more importantly, it's how Kushina's effect affects her stats that makes her understatted. She gets stronger when injured, but if you ambush her, she's going to almost always be healthy because she only lasts the one turn. With this in mind, a 4/2 is terrible for a turn 3, let alone a turn 4 with a hand cost.

That was my reasoning anyway.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:59 am

Alright I really liked how LI judged some I am going to be using her style as a base from now on.

Grammar
Quote :
VALID: During your Mission Phase, you can remove this in-play Ninja from game. Then, search your Deck and remove from game all the Ninja cards with “Jiraiya” in their name. In that case, all your in-play Ninjas get the following text during the turn: “Valid: This Ninja cannot be affected by your opponent’s effects.”

1 Capitalization error
1 Missing word
1 Non-legit sentence

Playability
Alright after reading this card multiple times I dont like it at all sorry to say. I give up every Jiraiya in my deck for 1 turn of protection. The new State 2 Sasuke is much better than this even if I cannot have a hand to use it.

Creativity
Alright, the cards playability is bad, however the creativity is pretty good. As Lovely Ino stated if you only run this Jiraiya then you basically are just RFG a Ninja that could possibly be a burden to you so you can go in for the kill. I dont like the fact though that more and more cards keep giving Ninjas invincibility from effects. When bandai made the OC ninjas the game was severely hurt.

Art
I love this picture! I cannot deduct for it.

Total: 11.5/15 (aurelio)

Grammar
Quote :
During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 1 “The Fourth Hokage” Ninja card from your hand. In that case, the Power of 1 Ninja Battling against this Ninja becomes 0/0 during the turn.

VALID: When this Ninja is discarded due to the Showdown, you can move 1 of your opponent’s Ninjas to your Battle Reward area, face down.

2 Non-legit sentences
1 Missing word

Playability
The card has some serious potential. As LI stated you can have a total of 9 4th hokages in your deck and this card can be nasty. I am however concerned, the fact that he is turn 6 and there is a better turn 5 fourth hokage out there might hurt the playability some.

Creativity
The effects are cool but resemble to many cards. The first effect is a weakened Naruto & Jiraiya Squad from WOF, and the second effect I cannot think of a card off the top of my head but I do think ive seen something similar to it.

Art
The fourth pic is heavily used, I do like that you added the RDS behind him.
Art: 1.5/2

Total: 11.75/15 (venkelos)

Grammar
Quote :

VALID: When your “The Third Hokage” receives any Damage, you can reduce the Damage by 1. In that case, give 1 Damage to this Ninja.

VALID: Your “Leaf” Ninja cannot be affected by the effects of your opponent’s Ninja cards.

1 Missing word
1 Misplaced Characteristic

1 Capitalization error

Playability
Honestly, I wouldnt run this Ninja. If you think about it there really isnt to many Water + Leaf ninjas out there. Also Supremacy, Matchless Hero outshine this card.

Creativity
The first effect is not original I think there are a few cards out there with that effect. The second effect looks like it was just thrown on the card like it doesnt fit in with the first effect.

Creativity: 1/3

Art
The picture hasnt been used much but it looks a little rough

Total: 10/15 (satanspawngenma)

Grammar
Quote :

VALID: Each time 1 of your opponent's Ninjas becomes the user of a Jutsu card with "Requirements: 'Genjutsu' Combat Attribute", and its effect is applied successfully give 1 Damage to the user of that Jutsu card.

I have to deduct .25 points because no Bandai card has an effect line where a word is split between lines

1 Line error
1 Characteristic Error
1 Misspelled word
1 Non-legit sentence

Playability
Not a fan of this card. There really arent many "Genjutsu" required Jutsu cards. Maybe if it said something like if the user had "Sharingan Eye" it would be better but it doesnt. Also like LI said, adding a Bomb coin mechanic would have been a little better. Something like..."give 1 Damage to the user of that Jutsu card and place 1 "Bomb" coin on it."

Creativity
Its defiantly creative and fits him, I just feel he lacks the craziness that he had when he revealed this.

Art
Nice picture, maybe its been used once before but I honestly dont remember seeing it on card so nice.

Total: 11.75/15 (mendokuse)

Grammar
Quote :
When your in-play “Naruto Uzumaki” would receive any Damage, if this Ninja card is in your hand, you can move this card to your Chakra area. In that case, negate the Damage. Then, draw 1 card.

4 Missing words

Playability
Its been said already but ill give my POV. The card with its effect is nice. But without the effect the card is really bad. 1 hand cost, below par stats and the fact that the turn 4 naruto reinforcement is better really kills this card. Maybe if instead of the second effect you have, you could replace it with an effect that would move her back to your hand so shes a little better.

Creativity
Neat idea I like the idea of Ninjas becoming free Jutsu cards that always nice. I cant deduct anything here.

Art
Maybe if the pic was full body the color scheme wouldnt be as bad but because it isnt I really dont like it.Art: 1.5/2

Total: 11.5/15 (MJM)

Grammar
Quote :
During your Mission Phase, you can remove this in-play Ninja from game. In that case, your opponent skips their next turn.

VALID: When this Ninja is removed from play, your opponent draws 1 card.

1 Misspelled word
1 Non-legit sentence
2 Capitalization errors
1 Punctuation mistake

Grammar: 3.5/5

Playability
Wow, this card is game breaking. My opponent skips their next turn that hurts alot and all it cost me was 1 Ninja. Im not sure this card would be legal it would be another card to add to the ban list.

Creativity
The effect doesnt fit what Izuna did in the story seems meh. Also why doesnt he have a Genjutsu CA?
Creativity: 1.5/3

Art
Lower quality but not many Izuna pics out there right?

Total: 9.75/15 (uchihakyoji23)

Grammar
Quote :
Akatsuki | Leaf | Rogue Ninja | Jonin | Male | Mental Power: 3 | Sharingan Eye

VALID: When your opponent would win 10 or more Battle Rewards, you can discard this in-play Ninja. In that case, discard your opponent’s Battle Reward(s) until they have 7 Battle Rewards.

While this card is in your Discard Pile, your in-play “Sasuke Uchiha” gets +2/+0 and cannot be affected by your opponent’s Jutsu cards.

8 Capitalization errors
1 Misspelled word
1 Non-legit sentence
1 Characteristic error

Grammar: 2/5

Playability
Not bad, it can save your but for a turn. Hopefully it is worth it and you gave him up for a purpose not just to prolong a game your going to lose. I do have to agree with LI though this card is out shined by many Itachi's out there. Overall nice card.

Creativity
Wow, the Characteristics are really off. He has Leaf,Akatsuki, yet you gave him just a Leaf symbol. Try to pick 1 or the other because he had to betray the leaf before joining the Akatsuki he cant be part of both at the same time (even though we know he is
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 859361 ) I do like the BR effect can save your butt. If only he had an Earth symbol >.<
Creativity: 2/3

Art
The picture doesnt fit where your going with the card sorry.
Art: 1/2

Total: 9/15 (susano'o the storm god)

Wow, LI you did fantastic you caught all of the grammar mistakes! Thank you so much. I will be updating this post with totals in a moment.

Grand Totals:
Aurelio- 23.75/30
Venkelos-23.55/30
satanspawngenma-21.5/30
Mendokuse-23.75/30
MJM-23.75/30
uchihakyoji23-21/30
susano'o the storm god-18.3/30

Alright we have a 3 way tie for first place. Aurelio,Mendo,and MJM PM me for your prize. Aurelio you also have last weeks prize as well.

Board will be updated.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 am

Wooh tied for first in my first tourney in a long time.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 am

Last edited by aurelio on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next