Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0

Go down 
+10
deadpoolwins
UchihaKyoji23
Hikari Link
naruto4ever
Ninja Pebble
aurelio
venkelos
satanspawngenma
Susano'o the Storm God
MJM
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

Male Number of posts : 76
Group : Proctor
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:02 am

As a heads up, I just got home and I've had a busy day and I'm pretty tired. I will make an effort to have this done before I go to sleep, but no promises. I guarantee it will be up sometime tomorrow evening at the very latest.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:10 am

MJM wrote:
Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
trollolol, quoting myself...

Anyways, I did a bit a research (don't worry about the judging for Obito's excuse), and for some reason, the Old Faces,New Problems uses "Then," but the card After the Battle uses "In that case," yet they are from the same set, and their effects are both written in a very similar way besides the change between using "In that case," and "Then".

It's because AtB sets a Requirement/Cost for the draw to be applied. If a card uses "In that case", the "case" has to be applied. So if you cannot discard 1 card, you cannot draw 3 cards. However, OFNP does not set a Requirement for the draw. So if you cannot discard the top 4 cards of your Deck, you can still draw 2 cards.

The best way for you to have worded your card is like this:

"Move your Turn Marker down by 1. In that case, draw 3 cards."

The negative is the requirement set for the "In that case" effect 95% of the time. "Then" is usually used when there is no big negative or requirement set.

In other words, Jutsu or Mission that use "In that case" and do not trigger at a specific time have an "additional cost" if you will. The cost of the Mission is the Hand cost and meeting the Entrance cost. Then the Mission is placed on the chain, when it resolves, it tries to place an effect on the chain. If that effect has a cost, such as After the Battle, then the cost of "discarding 1 card" must be fulfilled to draw 3 cards.

Does everyone understand or was it too sloppy?

Hmm, they both seem to be worded similarly, but w/e.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:02 pm

MJM wrote:
trollolol, quoting myself...

Anyways, I did a bit a research (don't worry about the judging for Obito's excuse), and for some reason, the Old Faces,New Problems uses "Then," but the card After the Battle uses "In that case," yet they are from the same set, and their effects are both written in a very similar way besides the change between using "In that case," and "Then".

It's because AtB sets a Requirement/Cost for the draw to be applied. If a card uses "In that case", the "case" has to be applied. So if you cannot discard 1 card, you cannot draw 3 cards. However, OFNP does not set a Requirement for the draw. So if you cannot discard the top 4 cards of your Deck, you can still draw 2 cards.

The best way for you to have worded your card is like this:

"Move your Turn Marker down by 1. In that case, draw 3 cards."

The negative is the requirement set for the "In that case" effect 95% of the time. "Then" is usually used when there is no big negative or requirement set.

In other words, Jutsu or Mission that use "In that case" and do not trigger at a specific time have an "additional cost" if you will. The cost of the Mission is the Hand cost and meeting the Entrance cost. Then the Mission is placed on the chain, when it resolves, it tries to place an effect on the chain. If that effect has a cost, such as After the Battle, then the cost of "discarding 1 card" must be fulfilled to draw 3 cards.

Does everyone understand or was it too sloppy?

Hmm, they both seem to be worded similarly, but w/e.

No they don't. "Then" =/= "In that case", there is nothing similar about that. In that case creates a specific scenario to happen, I.E. discarding 1 card. Then does not require a scenario and will occur as it is not a requirement set but just a word used to continue the effect.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 pm

MJM wrote:

No they don't. "Then" =/= "In that case", there is nothing similar about that. In that case creates a specific scenario to happen, I.E. discarding 1 card. Then does not require a scenario and will occur as it is not a requirement set but just a word used to continue the effect.

I seeeeeeee....
Guess that makes more sense
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 936880
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 am

Updated the theme but scoreboard remains intact until judging.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Sorry I'm still not done. I'm at about halfway right now, but I've been a little preoccupied. For the record though, to me the evening is anytime before I go to sleep, because my sleep schedule is so wacky. But I promise to finish this first thing when I wake up, I'm just really tired right now. I usually can't sleep more than 5 or 6 hours straight, so expect this in about 8 hours, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Again, apologies for the lateness. Been pretty busy these last few days. I have been working on this since I woke up today and I'm finally done, so without further ado, here are the score...

SatanSpawnGenma
Yahiko

Art 5/5
Very crisp artwork. Yahiko never looked better.

Layout 4/5
The symbols should be closer together. There should usually be very little space between them.

Grammar 3.75/5
“This Ninja’s” should be used in the second effect.

The first effect needs some sort of timing or context. Ninja effects don’t just give a permanent stat increase, they need to give a coin or set a limiter on the end of the effect. In theory, it could give a permanent increase, but it would have to be worded differently.

Playability 2/5
Sad to say, this ninja seems to be lackluster. The fact that it caps itself really hurts, especially since based on the wording, it is impossible to raise it past 6, even with jutsu or missions.

It doesn’t help that the best the effect can hope to net you is stats that already exists on other Turn 4 Void ninja. They all have 6 combat without you’re guys dying. And you don’t even gain stats from Sacrifice, so that’s also really painful.

Creativity 3.5/5
This card is definitely weak for a rare. A rare should be able to change the flow of the game and possibly be a game-ender under he proper circumstances.

Also, the second effect is clearly an attempt to balance a card that wasn’t broken to begin with.

Total 18.25/25

Original Akatsuki

Art 5/5
This art seems pretty legit.

Layout 5/5
Everything seems fine here.

Grammar 3.25/5
The first instance should be “Ninjas” and the second should be “Ninja”, you’ve got it all backwards.

“In-play” should be hyphenated.

No commas should be in this effect.

There should be an apostrophe in “opponent’s”.

Playability 4/5
Missions that don’t give some sort of draw or tutor are always tough to squeeze in, but protection from ninja effects and a +1 to pretty much every ninja in the deck is a pretty good effect, I’d say. Tacking on a draw effect would have been the icing on the cake.

Creativity 4/5
The effect is a bit on the generic side, but it’s a good card to have for this deck.

Total 21.25/25
Overall 39.5/50

DeadpoolWins

Anko

Art 4.5/5
There should be a solid black border around each ninja, inside of the white outer glow.

Layout 4/5
The symbols should be closer together. There should usually be very little space between them.

Grammar 3.5/5
The term “Leaf” is generally used over “Konoha” in this game.

While Anko is indeed not fat, the effect should still probably say “this Ninja” rather than “thin Ninja”.

Playability 3.5/5
Pumped, this card definitely has some of the best stats for a Turn 4, so that’s pretty solid and it’s a fairly easy pump to get. Even with Oro on the field, it’s still at base stats, which are pretty decent for a Turn 4, so no big deal there.

The only thing hindering it is that the 4 slot is usually used for people with a bigger effect on the game.

It has also taken a hit because Vanilla ninjas generally do high stats better than even this, so there is even competition from cards that are just beatsticks..

Creativity 4/5
The card feels a bit lacking, just because it’s sort of generic, but I do like the negative she gets from Oro and the effect does fit a Leaf theme pretty good.

Total 19.5/25

Leaf Special Jonin

Art 4.5/5
I want to say that it’s just really low image quality, but I can’t quite place my finger on whether or not that is it. Nonetheless, there is something off here that makes it look off.

Bonus for really cool art though.

Layout 5/5
This seems to check out.

Grammar 2.5/5
Same thing as before with “Konoha”.

“Special” should be capitalized.

No comma should be after “Ninjas”.

You don’t need “each of”.

Playability 3.5/5
This card definitely has its pros and cons. The major plus is the shield from non-Leaf effects and the pump isn’t that bad either.

The major cons are that there aren’t that many Special Jonin, as Anbu would not count in this instance, and that this gives no draw/tutor. That definitely hurts it when compared to other missions.

Creativity 5/5
It’s definitely a new and interesting idea and it is nice to see Special Jonin get some love for once.

Total 20.5/25
Overall 40/50

Susano’o the Storm God

Tobi

Art 4.75/5
It’s not as good as the Akatsuki group shot where it looks like he’s air surfing, but it’s alright, I suppose. A bit bland, but otherwise fine.

Layout 5/5
I see no problems.

Grammar 5/5
This all seems fine.

Playability 4.75/5
I really like both of these effects. The first one goes great with the existing Madara motif and the second one is an awesome way to get your Madara out when you already have Tobi without giving him growth. It would have been nice though if it said that it didn’t count as your deploy for the turn.

Creativity 5/5
To me, this is just a perfect Tobi. It’s totally within his character and and it lets him become Madara without any unnecessary hassle.

Total 24.5/25

Uchiha Revolt

Art 5/5
What is this, epic group photo week? Every mission has really awesome group shots.

Layout 5/5
Nothing to complain about here.

Grammar 5/5
This is miraculously fine too.

Playability 5/5
A tutor card on Turn 2? That’s always playable as hell. It’s nice that the drawback can also be used to your advantage.

Creativity 5/5
This is just a really nice card for the theme. Cards that add consistency are always great.

Total 25/25
Overall 49.5/50

Venkelos

Shisui

Art 4/5
Shisui is not a good-looking man. And it doesn’t help that the color job hear makes him look like a nauseated, non-Twilight vampire (probably a vampire that just watched Twilight). Sadly, I don’t believe Shisui was a vampire, so this color pallet doesn’t suit him.

Layout 5/5
Seems cool.

Grammar4/5
I’m willing to accept that Bandai might use “dojutsu”, though unlikely, but I’m fairly positive they would never use “Shunshin no Jutsu”. They would say “Body Flicker” or “Teleportation”.

Playability 4/5
Dear lord, that first effect is OP! Stealing any ninja is just straight-up powerful as hell. There really needs to be a cap on that.

The second effect is pretty nifty and I like it.

Creativity 4.5/5
The concept is really great, but this is definitely OP for the rarity. An uncommon should only hit like 1s or 2s and lower, a Rare should hit 3s and lower, and an SR could easily have this effect.

Total 21.5/25

Legacy of the Past

Art 5/5
This looks just amazing.

Layout 5/5
All clear.

Grammar 3.5/5
“Fthey” is clearly wrong.

Should be “=” rather than “equals”.

Playability 4.5/5
This actually seems like it is pretty playable. It’s definitely some very useful Madara support and an overall good card, though being character specific hurts just a bit.

Creativity 5/5
Definitely a very unique card and I look forward to seeing the Madara that this goes with, assuming you are making one.

Total 23/25
Overall 44.5/50

MJM

Suigetsu

Art 7.75/5
Looking pretty good to me.

Artist not credited.

Layout 4/5
Set symbol problem. Unless your set symbol is a white box for some reason.

Grammar 5/5
Seems fine to me.

Playability 5/5
This is just a really cool card. I like how well it fits the theme and I think it could really be put to good use.

Creativity 5/5
Definitely an idea I hadn’t considered before as a viable alternative to Ambush.

Total 23.75/25

Four Motives

Art 4.75/5
Simply beautiful artwork.

Artist not credited.

Layout 4/5
See above card.

Grammar 2.75/5
“From your hand” is obsolete wording.
“Hand” shouldn’t be capitalized.

It should specify that the Hebi Ninjas need to be in-play.

Playability 4.5/5
Any card seems mildly OP, but other than that, it seems cool. It is much better than a draw effect when your discard pile is good, but worse when your discard pile is bad.

Creativity 5/5
At first I was thinking this card was really OP for an uncommon. Then I remembered that it really isn’t all that different from the Messenger Ninjas mission in terms of power and it became alright in my book.

Total 21/25
Overall 44.75/50

Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:45 am

Ninjas means that they are in play so I do not need to have included that they are in play. Also, I should stop making cards at 11:30 PM on the day of the deadline. And yes, the box is my set symbol. Idk if I'd get points back but I think I'd be in the same position.

Updated the points.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 am

here is my next card, nagato this time

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Nagato

credit: PNP

and jutsu

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Chibaku

Credit: screenshot so me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
deadpoolwins
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
deadpoolwins

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 am

ok so i just couldn't help it, im doing leaf, and mine and satanspawngenma's favorite character is asuma, so i had to make one
we actually collaborated a bit on this one, so i hope its good:D

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Asuma2-1

credit: it was an image file, on naruto.wikia.com, that i had satanspawngenma cut out

misson card

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Nijushotai

credit: also a picture that i got from naruto.wikia.com
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 4:54 am

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Itachi

credit goes to photobucket user Muhammad_Rafly

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Genjutsu

pic came from a screenshot I took myself.
And before anyone asks, the jutsu doesn't list Sasuke for expert because, as stated in the flavor text, Sasuke isn't anywhere close to being as proficient with genjutsu as Itachi is.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:16 pm

[****THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY NOW****]

[****SEE PAGE 20****]

Last edited by venkelos on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 6:53 pm

venkelos wrote:
Okay, I'm sorry, but this week has been a bit Ack! for me, so I'm going to toss out my first card from this, now (before the conditions were clarified).

He isn't an Uchiha, per say, but he does have Sharingan (in addition to Mokuton and Cheese Release), and he is very important in the history, as well as revealing how far the Sharingan can go.

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenTargetReinforcementDanzoforContestImage
Character art is composite mine and from the anime

For the character art, the important segment is from the anime, but the lower area is mine; I still feel that a single image that is better would be very hard to find. I still liked mine better; thinking that his arm was sheathed in wood was cooler than the pale thing. Oh well. For the rest of the card, this is Danzo using Izanagi. He has numerous powers at his disposal, including high rank (he was effectively Hokage, and sat in as such, plus his age, skill, and experience likely put him in that ballpark, anyway. He has Sharingan, high rank, and Genjutsu, letting him use most any Sharingan card worth using, and he has MP, Tree, and a nice effect that makes him a good choice for Earth, if you prefer. Chakra Affinity is my own Characteristic that I invented because Sasuke can't use Sharingan. What it says is you can pay for jutsus that have this ninja's element with another of this ninja's elements, so long as you add 1 to the cost (see the Fan-Made Rules thread for more details). If one doesn't allow fan-made characteristics, ignore it, and he's still no worse than most any dual-element ninjas (yes Sasuke, I'm looking at Watery you). This way, he can use Sharingan cards, and still see a Mokuton card if wanted (Yamato does have 1 or 2 good jutsus, IMO). He has high stats, especially for his turn, but he is a Reinforcement, and he does have a bit of a sacrifice, so that seems fair, and allows him to keep pace with the newer Sasukes, which he does. Also, his effect is a bit big, but again, it does come from that high cost. It doesn't end the chain,
either, so it should be okay, and it can "Sharingan" various effects, if you will, or bind them in Wood restraints, how ever the flavor works for you. Anyone who questions my Rarity, I mention that Manda 1083 is super-cheese, and he's only Uncommon (one dot), so Rare seems fair for this, again IMO. It was a hated effect, but Manda ended the chain, so I feel that was the most reviled bit. I can't really express being unaffected by a jutsu/effect, and coming back unharmed better than this, even though the effect has been used before.

For the jutsu, this is one I made for Madara after he revealed he, too, can Izanagi-cheese.
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenJutsuIzanagiSurpriseAttackImage

Basically, you surprise the crap out of the enemy by shivving them, after they believed they got you. It is a bit extreme, killing something outright, but it's no cheaper than Kamui, and it relies on being almost removed oneself; you can't just spam them with it.
Okay, hope this one is a bit more popular, and good luck everyone.
I'd like to point out that technically, Danzo does not fulfill the requirement for a ninja this week. He's a Reinforcement and as such, falls into the non-ninja category. The theme should be able to curve fairly well and should have all the elements necessary to be playable. Granted, four ninja does not make an entire deck, but it makes the good chunk of any curve and can be filled out with various elements staples and cards that synergize well with the theme.

Something else I noticed when I was checking back is that you have two uncommons in non-ninja slot. I'm willing to accept one of those as a common, but there will, of course, be a minor penalty for incorrect labeling. It is at least partially my fault since the nature of this whole tournament is a little unclear, but nonetheless, everyone else seems able to follow.

Last thing is an official announcement that MJM has asked me to put out. There will be a two day extension. As you said, you had a busy week and so have not had time for a real entry. Now you have no excuse. This extension applies to everyone, should you choose to update any of your cards or submit them late. At least for the duration of this tournament, which is one more week after this, anyone may ask for an extension on the grounds of real life getting in the way and in the interest of fairness, said extension will apply to all participants. The extension shall be 48 hours. Please do not abuse this and look at it as a way to get an extra two days. It is only to be invoked if your real life situation is honestly getting in the way and is a way to ensure, that nobody misses out on the tournament because they got a bad week.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Hikari Link wrote:
I'd like to point out that technically, Danzo does not fulfill the requirement for a ninja this week. He's a Reinforcement and as such, falls into the non-ninja category. The theme should be able to curve fairly well and should have all the elements necessary to be playable. Granted, four ninja does not make an entire deck, but it makes the good chunk of any curve and can be filled out with various elements staples and cards that synergize well with the theme.

Something else I noticed when I was checking back is that you have two uncommons in non-ninja slot. I'm willing to accept one of those as a common, but there will, of course, be a minor penalty for incorrect labeling. It is at least partially my fault since the nature of this whole tournament is a little unclear, but nonetheless, everyone else seems able to follow.

Last thing is an official announcement that MJM has asked me to put out. There will be a two day extension. As you said, you had a busy week and so have not had time for a real entry. Now you have no excuse. This extension applies to everyone, should you choose to update any of your cards or submit them late. At least for the duration of this tournament, which is one more week after this, anyone may ask for an extension on the grounds of real life getting in the way and in the interest of fairness, said extension will apply to all participants. The extension shall be 48 hours. Please do not abuse this and look at it as a way to get an extra two days. It is only to be invoked if your real life situation is honestly getting in the way and is a way to ensure, that nobody misses out on the tournament because they got a bad week.

Okay, I'll fix it by tomorrow morning, after I get back from work. Thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Idk what compelled me to make cards for this... i guess it was the really crappy taka sasuke... but anyway, here's what i thought of more for a first taka sasuke

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Sasukeuchihainjuredcopy

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 LifeofanAvenger2
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Again, thanks so much for the extension; I appreciate it very much. Anyway, Danzo is now a "regular" Ninja

Okay, he isn't an Uchiha, per say, but he does have Sharingan (in addition to Mokuton and Cheese Release), and he is very important in the history, as well as revealing how far the Sharingan can go.

[1]Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenDanzoHokageforContestImage2 [2]Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenTargetReinforcementDanzoforContestImage
[1]Character art is from Naruto-Wikia. [2]Character art is composite mine and from the anime

[1]Well, here is Danzo as he ascends to the position of Sixth Hokage. He has some decent powers at his disposal, able to use most any Sharingan card, numerous other tricks, due to high rank, EC, and more, and useful abilities. His first one reflects his standing as Hokage; he can call anyone before him, to give them orders (it is also good for the Rein, as it can get you 1 of the cards that the Sacrifice needs). The second is meant to reflect his Sharingan of Shisui, forcing an enemy to obey his will, though the control is limited. As Hokage, he can also call off his own people (this is why he can target your ninjas, and maybe save one from something bad. He has stats up there with the 3rd Hokage or Orochimaru; I say he's had involvements with both, as an equal, and the stats are appropriate for a Kage, though maybe a T6 one (they occasionally let it slip).

[2]For the character art, the important segment is from the anime, but the lower area is mine; I still feel that a single image that is better would be very hard to find. I still liked mine better; thinking that his arm was sheathed in wood was cooler than the pale thing. Oh well. For the rest of the card, this is Danzo using Izanagi. He has numerous powers at his disposal, including high rank (he was effectively Hokage, and sat in as such, plus his age, skill, and experience likely put him in that ballpark, anyway. He has Sharingan, high rank, and Genjutsu, letting him use most any Sharingan card worth using, and he has MP,
Tree, and a nice effect that makes him a good choice for Earth, if you prefer. Chakra Affinity is my own Characteristic that I invented because Sasuke can't use Sharingan. What it says is you can pay for jutsus that have this ninja's element with another of this ninja's elements, so long as you add 1 to the cost (see the Fan-Made Rules thread for more details). If one doesn't allow fan-made characteristics, ignore it, and he's still no worse than most any dual-element ninjas (yes Sasuke, I'm looking at Watery you). This way, he can use Sharingan cards, and still see a Mokuton card if wanted (Yamato does have 1 or 2 good jutsus, IMO). He has high stats, especially for his turn, but he is a Reinforcement, and he does have a bit of a sacrifice, so that seems fair, and allows him to keep pace with the newer Sasukes, which he does. Also, his effect is a bit big, but again, it does come from that high cost. It doesn't end the chain, either, so it should be okay, and it can "Sharingan" various effects, if you will, or bind them in Wood restraints, how ever the flavor works for you. Anyone who questions my Rarity, I mention that Manda 1083 is super-cheese, and he's only Uncommon (one dot), so Rare seems fair for this, again IMO. It was a hated effect, but Manda ended the chain, so I feel that was the most reviled bit. I can't really express being unaffected by a jutsu/effect, and coming back unharmed
better than this, even though the effect has been used before.

Okay, hope this one is a bit more popular, and good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Expect reviews today/tomorrow. Basically some point before I go to bed again today. I'm going to bed right now, so I'll probably be up in 8 or 9 hours at the most. depending on what is on my plate then, I may get to the reviews immediately.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:02 pm

I didn't lie, I've just been up all day long. Wacky sleep schedule. What are you going to do, you know?
SatanSpawnGenma
Nagato

Art 5/5

This looks pretty nice.

Layout 4/5
Not using the SR template.

Grammar 4/5
This effect should really be in the new format of effects. From there, there are a couple of ways it could be ordered, depending on how you want the effect to go off, but I think that the best way to word it would be:

[Valid | EOJ] 0: Discard all Ninjas Battling against this Ninja. Then, put this Ninja face-up in your Opponent’s Battle Reward area.

Playability 4/5
This is a highly playable card. It’s a little powerful, but with the proper changes, such as only making it a defender effect or making it so you can’t get BRs for that team, it would be alright. Also, the ositive effect should not be the cost, because it breaks the card.

Creativity 5/5
While represent Nagato’s self-sacrificing nature and great power pretty well, I suppose. It’s an effect that I really like and seems pretty cool.
Total 22/25

Chibaku Tensei

Art 5/5
No complaints.

Layout 5/5
Everything seems fine here.

Grammar 3.5/5
“Its” in the flavor text should be “it’s”.

“Battling” spelled wrong.

Should be no period at the end of the Reqs.

Target shouldn’t be capitalized

“Owners” should have an apostrophe.

Playability 4/5
User-specific jutsu need to be really good to be any good. Luckily for you, this is a really good card, so even that doesn’t hurt it that much. I’d easily see at least one of these in any Pain deck, more likely two.

Creativity 4/5
It’s certainly not the most creative effect in the world, but it is definitely fitting and a good addition to the theme. Some of Lightning’s bottom-drawing definitely counters it well, which I actually see as an added bonus rather than a negative.

Total 21.5/25
Overall 43.5/50

DeadpoolWins

Asuma

Art 5/5
Not gonna hate on this nice art.

Layout 5/5
This is fine.

Grammar 4.25/5
It should be “in-play”.

No matter how I analyze the pixels, the first letter of the second sentence is not capitalized.

Playability 1/5
Sadly, this is where the card really suffers. The fact that it is a Turn 6 makes no sense with those stats. To make matters worse, it makes little sense for a Turn 6 to be protecting your other ninja. Typically Turn 6 is your ultimate goal. This effect is far better suited for a Turn 4 or lower.

This effect is in no way game-changing or game-ending and so it simply won’t be played over any First Hokage or Tsunade.

Creativity 4/5
I really like t his effect for Asuma, but it’s simply not strong enough for a rare Turn 6. If it had another effect to it or lowered the damage by 1 before he took it, then it would be pretty legitimate.

Total 19.25/25

Niju Shotai

Art 5/5
Looks really nice. I’m a sucker for group shots.

Layout 5/5
This checks out.

Grammar 3.75/5
I’m fairly certain that Bandai would not use the term Niju Shotai.

“In-play” is correct.

Playability 3/5
This effect isn’t actually all that useful. It’s an interesting tech card, but that’s it.

Creativity 2/5
This effect literally already exists, only better because there is no village restriction. This is far too weak for a rare and there also is no reason for the effect to be permanent. It wasn’t broken back in the day and it wouldn’t be now.

Total 18.75/25
Overall 38/50
Susano’o the Storm God

Itachi

Art 5/5
I can’t really complain.

Layout 5/5
Fine here.

Grammar 5/5
You sure you didn’t mean Shadow Realm in that flavor text, bro?

Playability 4/5
This is pretty playable. The injured stats keep it from being broken, considering the turn and the Mastery/Ambush. The effect is great for the -1/-1 theme and Fire in general.

There is one glaring error here. Itachi has no Sharingan. Obviously an oversight, but nonetheless.

Creativity 5/5
This is a pretty simplistic effect, but at the same time fitting and overall pretty legit.

Total 24/25

Genjutsu

Art 5/5
I don’t hate this.

Layout 5/5
Seems cool.

Grammar 4.5/5
Should be no “an” before “Entrance cost”.

Playability 5/5
In a Sharingan deck, this card is playable as hell. With all of the users for this, it would definitely be useful.
Creativity 4/5
The thing is, this card is basically a functional reprint of Fear By Genjutsu, which while cool, is not the most original effect ever.

Total 23.5/25
Overall 47.5/50

Venkelos

Danzo

Art 3/5
It’s pretty blurry/misshapen and the outer glow is off somehow.

Layout 3/5
Font for the characteristics is too small. Same goes for the effect text.

Grammar 2.75/5
“Reveal it” is the correct term. Ditto for “move it to your hand”.

“Stand-By” should have a hyphen.

Playability 5/5
It’s certainly a pretty good card overall. No complaints on that front.

Creativity 5/5
At first I was like =/, but then I read your description and I was like : ). It’s actually fairly well thought-out effect and just pretty cool overall.

Total 18.75/25

Danzo (Izanagi Mode)

Art 5/5
This looks really good.

Layout 5/5
You don’t really need to use that template for a non-SR, even though it has seen some use outside of SRs.

Grammar 3/5
Konoha should probably not be used here.

Technically, Sacrifice doesn’t work that way and can’t use something that isn’t in play. You’d need a different wording for that portion of the effect.

Playability 3/5
Sad to say that one and only thing that really hurts this card is that it can’t technically put this card back into play at the end of the turn. What you didn’t account for is that when you put it back in play, you need to pay the Sacrifice cost again, as we see with the ruling for Exposing the Hideout and Pain, unless the ruling has changed and I was unaware.

Creativity 4/5
This is really similar to Manda assuming that Sacrifice didn’t screw it over. I like the card, but it would have been pretty cool if you had implemented a way to act as the amount of times he can use Izanagi. Like a -1/-0 con every time you use it, until he can’t use anymore at 0 or something.

Total 20/25
Overall 38.75/50

chidoricurrent2
Sasuke

Art 5/5
It’s a little big, but there’s nothing really wrong with it.

Layout 4/5
The symbols should be much closer together. Typically they are very near to touching. So about half the distance between what you have now.

Grammar 4.75/5
“Injured” should not be capitalized.

Playability 4/5
This card actually is fairly decent if you have a reliable way to heal it.

Ironically what really hurts it is its lower Entrance cost. Being considered to have Jonin is virtually useless these days and most important Sasuke jutsu require a higher Entrance cost, so being considered to be Entrance cost 5 would have been far better better.

Creativity 4/5
This card is essentially an amalgam of older cards, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. I feel that a good mash-up can be pretty good, but I think it should typically add something new to the mix.

Total 21.75/25

Life of the Avenger

Art 5/5
I really like this art for some reason. I think I might be a Sasuke fan subconsciously.

Layout 5/5
No complaints here.

Grammar 4.75/5
There should be a comma after “During the Mission Phase”.

Playability 2/5
Since the effect is character specific and requires multiple Uchiha in your discard pile/chakra to be any good, I’d definitely call it very situational.

It is also worded in a way that implies the effect would only be gained on the turn you activate the healing effect, so it’s not even useful on the opponent’s turn.

Creativity 4/5
I like the concept behind this card a great deal, but I would have liked to see it put to better use. Maybe an additional draw effect or something to make it more playable?

It’s also pretty weak for a rare.

Total 20.75/25
Overall 42.5/50

Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 pm

Updated the Point Board.
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm

MJM wrote:
Updated the Point Board.

could you explain the theme in a little more details? (you're speaking to a DA. >.<) haha
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:33 pm

chidoricurrent2 wrote:
MJM wrote:
Updated the Point Board.

could you explain the theme in a little more details? (you're speaking to a DA. >.<) haha
Well you kind of came in at a bad time. We're nearly done with a month-long tournament that is meant to have an overall theme. You obviously can't win that, but there are still weekly winners in addition to overall winners, so for you, just submit one ninja and one non-ninja.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 am

Hikari Link wrote:

Susano’o the Storm God

Itachi

Grammar 5/5
You sure you didn’t mean Shadow Realm in that flavor text, bro?

lols Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 936880

Hikari Link wrote:

Playability 4/5
This is pretty playable. The injured stats keep it from being broken, considering the turn and the Mastery/Ambush. The effect is great for the -1/-1 theme and Fire in general.

There is one glaring error here. Itachi has no Sharingan. Obviously an oversight, but nonetheless.

. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

I fail Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Sasuke

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 OathofRevenge

So Sasuke clearly got a major combat boost because at this point, he was able to at least hurt the Raikage, and his support was dropped because he doesn't give a sh** about what happens to any of his teammates.

EDIT: credit for Sasuke's art goes to deviantArt user Fattyboifresh
Oath of Revenge is a screenshot I took myself
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:56 pm

. . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Haha, the Picard Maneuver.

Okay, to wrap up this thing, here is:

I'm very sorry, but I've run out of theme gas, it seems, and no good thoughts came to me. That being the case, I'll toss this out, and see what happens.
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenTargetMikomi2Image
My image, modified from one by Ami-Chan10, and DA.

Okay, so this iss obviously an OC, but it does TECHNICALLY meet the theme. As said, I ran out of thought; if tomorrow morning rolls around, and the judging hasn't happened yet (this is only the second entry) and I think of something else, I'll edit, but I worked, went to a company picnic, and have to work again, tonight, so this is what I've got, otherwise. Mikomi is Sasuke and Sakura's kid (surprise?), and wraps up the theme nice, since she combines several themes together, and goes well with Sakura, Tsunade, Kakashi, Sasuke, and other Uchihas. She has good stats, abilities, and such. During either Mission phase, she can sort'o Mastery a jutsu, and she has an almost unparalleled range of those. This could allow her to wrap things up well. The only thing she's missing is Genjutsu, because Mom taught her fighting, so it's Med and Tai.

The second card is Sasuke, after assimilating Itachi's eyes. He can use Itachi jutsus, and when he uses them or Sharingan cards, you might get the chakra back. Otherwise, he's a rather powerful ninja, to boot.
Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 ShippudenReinforcementSasukeItachisEyesforContestImage
Edited from DeviantArt, though I can't remember whom. It's an older make.
Back to top Go down
Hikari Link
Chunin
Chunin
Hikari Link

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:50 am

Gonna wait it out until tomorrow to see if SatanSpawnGenma posts. If not, I'll just rate the current entries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0   Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing Tourney 4.0
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next