Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010

Go down 
+20
VSA
Deets
Megamarik
User Name
Undeadflayme
sharingansasuke33
CursedSealingDragon
chidoricurrent2
mendokuse
Thayli
satanspawngenma
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
venkelos
Shino'sDad
aurelio
UchihaKyoji23
Susano'o the Storm God
naruto4ever
MJM
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 am

Undeadflayme wrote:
do we get to look at our ratings?

Indeed you do. Judges shall post everyone's judgments when they are finished. After all three are up, I will average them and find the final scores for every participant in this round.

The only way to lose this round is to have the bottom X lowest scores.

X = Y - 16.

Y = the total number of participants.

OR

To have not posted a card within the time limit, which a couple people did not.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:43 am

MJM wrote:
Undeadflayme wrote:
do we get to look at our ratings?

Indeed you do. Judges shall post everyone's judgments when they are finished. After all three are up, I will average them and find the final scores for every participant in this round.

The only way to lose this round is to have the bottom X lowest scores.

X = Y - 16.

Y = the total number of participants.

OR

To have not posted a card within the time limit, which a couple people did not.

If I counted correctly, 2 people didn't post a card, meaning 17 people posted a card. In other words, the only way to fail the preliminary round now, is to get last place out of the 17 people. btw MJM, does your placement in the preliminaries have any effect on the next round?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
If I counted correctly, 2 people didn't post a card, meaning 17 people posted a card. In other words, the only way to fail the preliminary round now, is to get last place out of the 17 people. btw MJM, does your placement in the preliminaries have any effect on the next round?

Maybe, maybe not. Wink
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am

MJM wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Wink

Yeah, were gonna seed you based on it. Makes the bracket a whole lot more fun. I should be finished with my judging by tomorrow elsher.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Thayli decided to PM me the judgings so it's cool. He also chose not to give descriptions since it is only preliminary. If you do not believe these judgings, you can PM Thayli or he can just confirm it here.

Thayli wrote:
Venkelos
Picture: 4/5
Effect: 3/5
Text: 4/5
Neatness: 3/5
Creativity: 2/5
Total: 16/25

CursedSealingDragon
Picture: 4.5/5
Effect: 4/5
Text: 5/5
Neatness: 4.5/5
Creativity: 4/5
Total: 22/25

sharingansasuke33
Picture: 2/5
Text: 1/5
Neatness: 1/5
Total: 9/25

Aurelio
Picture: 5/5
Text: 3/5
Neatness: 4/5
Total: 19/25

Mendokuse
Total: 22.5/25

chidoricurrent2
Picture: 3/5

Satanspawngenma
Text: 2/5
Creativity: 3/5
Total: 14/25

UchihaKyoji23
Total: 15/25

Susano'o the Storm God
Picture: 1/5
Effect: 2/5
Total: 11/25

Undeadflayme
Total: 12/25

User Name
Text: 3/5
Total: 16/25

Lovely Ino
Total: 19.5/25

naruto4ever

Shino'sDad
Total: 22.5/25

MJM
Creativity: 4.5/5

Megamarik
Neatness: 2/5
Total: 13/25

Ninja Pebble
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:56 am

Sooo... just wondering, since a lot of people lost points on "neatness", I was just sort of wondering, what is that exactly? I think it could mean a couple things, but then I think those things are sort of covered in the other categories...

Also, Thank you very much for the quick judging, Thayli. I know it must've been difficult with so many entries.
Back to top Go down
Deets
Genin
Genin
Deets

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
Sooo... just wondering, since a lot of people lost points on "neatness", I was just sort of wondering, what is that exactly? I think it could mean a couple things, but then I think those things are sort of covered in the other categories...

Also, Thank you very much for the quick judging, Thayli. I know it must've been difficult with so many entries.

Neatness can range from how well something is rendered, to the quality of the render, to the quality of the template/font. It can also men how well placed text and **** is.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:27 am

Hm, 10th place, or so. I have a ways to climb. Damn you, Danzo, you said it had been taken care of... Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:37 am

Lovely Ino wrote:

I wouldn't consider 4s bad. I looked at neatness as a category for everything not covered in other areas. If the card wasnt flawless, it didnt get a 5 here. I followed mjms rubric pretty much to the letter.

I'm sorry about the lack of in-depth judging, but due to the large amount to do at once and the fact that only one person is getting cut I felt it was best. The regular matches will of course be filled with explanations for each point allocation. Oh and I am looking forward to having a seeded bracket this time so the matches should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 am

Thayli wrote:
I wouldn't consider 4s bad. I looked at neatness as a category for everything not covered in other areas. If the card wasnt flawless, it didnt get a 5 here. I followed mjms rubric pretty much to the letter.

I'm sorry about the lack of in-depth judging, but due to the large amount to do at once and the fact that only one person is getting cut I felt it was best. The regular matches will of course be filled with explanations for each point allocation. Oh and I am looking forward to having a seeded bracket this time so the matches should be interesting.

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to question your judgement or anything like that. I was really just looking for a little clarity. I understand it was a large number of entries, and there's no way you could be expected to detail each one. Thank you again for the judging.
Back to top Go down
sharingansasuke33
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
sharingansasuke33

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:28 am

Thayli, if I might ask, why did I get a low score on some of the criteria?
(At this point, I'm probably the one getting cut out of the prelims)
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:36 pm

sharingansasuke33 wrote:

There were a number of overall problems on the card, I think the most notable issue was teal color you used for the attributes. Its kind of like screaming in bold neon green letters that the card is fake. There were a lot of other little things as well that weakened the card such as choppy rendering areas and picture quality.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Thayli wrote:
sharingansasuke33 wrote:

There were a number of overall problems on the card, I think the most notable issue was teal color you used for the attributes. Its kind of like screaming in bold neon green letters that the card is fake. There were a lot of other little things as well that weakened the card such as choppy rendering areas and picture quality.

speaking of wrong colors, for some reason, the bar on the squad template i got (which is supposed to be like a wheat color on a real one?) was sky blue color. Do you know how to change it to the appropriate color?
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:07 pm

Thayli wrote:
sharingansasuke33 wrote:

speaking of wrong colors, for some reason, the bar on the squad template i got (which is supposed to be like a wheat color on a real one?) was sky blue color. Do you know how to change it to the appropriate color?

You could always cut and paste one from a real card on your template to try and fix it.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Thayli wrote:
Thayli wrote:
sharingansasuke33 wrote:

You could always cut and paste one from a real card on your template to try and fix it.

lol, I just solved that issue by using color picker + paint Bucket. I did it real carefully, and the difference is hard to notice. I'm having an issue getting the font Elan-Medium atm.
Back to top Go down
sharingansasuke33
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
sharingansasuke33

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:08 am

Thayli wrote:
sharingansasuke33 wrote:

Yeah I tried to recolor it correctly, but GIMP didn't help out much with it.
Back to top Go down
VSA
Genin
Genin

Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 am

I has a write in submission: Thumbs up

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 ZabuzaMomochi3
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 am

VSA wrote:

I put in my vote that says VSA cannot be turned down!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:58 am

VSA wrote:

Entry granted. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 am

MJM wrote:
VSA wrote:

Entry granted. Welcome.

wtf?!? you're joking right?
Back to top Go down
VSA
Genin
Genin

Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 am

MJM wrote:
VSA wrote:

Entry granted. Welcome.

wtf?!? you're joking right?

You do know I'm the godfather of card making right?
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 3:51 am

Gary "The Law" Lawson
Total: 23/25
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
Tsu Kiyo Me

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:49 am

Some of you may find the gradings harsh, but I tried my best, going over the cards several times each. (I must have graded each card individually 4 or 5 times until I got it right).

Here are the results:

Venkelos (Danzo)
PICTURE: 2/5 Pts
EFFECT: 2.5/5 Pts
TEXT: 2.5/5 Pts
NEATNESS: 2.5/5 Pts
CREATIVITY: 3.5/5 Pts
TOTAL: 13/25 Pts

As much as I like you used your own artwork, it doesn't look like a real card. The effect is also very powerful. The first effect is supposed to be manditory from my understanding but it isn't worded to reflect this. It's not entire neat...very cluttered. But the card is at least somewhat creative in that it's flavorful with the Ninja.

CursedSealingDragon (Nagato)
Picture: 3.25/5
Text: 4.75/5
Total: 20/25

The picture is obviously from the manga, but it looks nice still. I'm not a fan of the turning off the Sacrifice as I feel that's what keeps Pain in check...this card breaks it. The last effect doesn't particularly thrill me either as if the turn marker is even, it stays even. If it's odd, it stays odd. And because the effect is so hard to replicate constantly, it doesn't provide any real control, just ramp, which doesn't really matter by the time this card hits the field.
It is very neat though and I give you points for making a client for sure.

SharinganSasuke33 (Squad 7)
Picture: 1.5/5
Effect: 1.5/5
Creativity: 1/5
Total: 7/25

The picture is stretched. The effect does not justifiy giving up three Ninja. It just doesn't look very neat either. Creativitywise, the card has a very generic effect. I'm just not a fan, sorry.

Aurelio (Non-Acceptance)
Effect: 0/5
Text: 2.25/5
Creativity: 3.25/5
Total: 14/25

Perfect picture to go with the name and the theme. Effectwise, I had to hit it hard. This card is broken beyond all belief. The text is very hard to understand... it's just poorly worded although I understand what you're getting at. The first effect (Layline) is very creative for a Naruto card. The card was also neatly put together but the formatting of the text needs work.

Mendokuse (Chiyo)
Picture: 4.75/5
Neatness: 4.75/5

There's something off on the picture but I can't tell what it is. It's still very pretty to look at. The effect I'm divided on. The handcost + the situational effect (which is absurd by the way) makes me wonder. It could either be broken or just plain terrible, so I'm sitting on the fence with a 3. The text is perfect. The card is very neat except for a few jaggies here and there. Creativitywise, I love it. Very unique.

Chidoricurrent2 (Sasuke)
Picture: 1.75/5
Text: 4.5/5
Creativity: 1.5/5
Total: 12.75/25

The picture, while cool looking, isn't anime-esque. Also, why is Naruto still in the picture? Extended art? I dunno, it just looks off. The effect is very straight forward but it's also a bit too powerful I feel. The card's text formatting just seems off, but for the most part it looks right. The effect isn't very creative though. . . just seems like a straight power card.

Satanspawngenma (Minato Namikaze)
Effect: 2.5/5
Text: 2.5/5
Total: 12.5/25

The picture seems pixalated, at least on my monitor. The effect is just bland though, and the way it's worded, it doesn't make much sense. So when my opponent wins his 5th Battle Reward, I just deploy this guy from my hand? Is the deployment manditory? The formatting on the text is a little jumbled and it doesn't look right.

UchihaKyoji23 (Gamabunta)
Picture: 2.5/5
Effect: 3.75/5
Total: 15.25/25

The picture comes up as slightly off color and streched on my screen. Also, it's way too big (covers the Ninja and Water Symbols). The effect is surely original and even though it's probably too powerful (Turn 1 Mission paying Giant Ninja Toad to use for a Summoning then tombing a Ninja and keeping the toad permanently on turn 1...ridic) I still love it. The formatting of the text seems right but it's just...small..and not as bold.

Susano'o the Storm God (Han)
Picture: 0/5
Effect: 1.5/5
Neatness: 2/5
Total: 7/25

The artwork. . . it burns my eyes. I looked at it and was thinking it might be something out of a coloring book. The effect is not only very powerful, it isn't worded correctly. Does the card have to be discarded at random? Do I look at their hand? How do we decide? Even though the effect is strong, the stats are off. 11 Point spread on a turn 5 is just bad. Even Yamato CBF, a ridiculous turn 5 with Mastery, has 12 poitns. The text spacing and boldness seems off. Overall, the effect just feels like Roshi's with a little sprinkling of something like Itachi (Anbu Days) on the side.

Undeadflayme (Fukasaku)
Picture: 3.5/5
Effect: 0/5
Neatness: 3.5/5
Total: 12.5/25

The picture is good just there's so much empty space on the card. I wish there was more to look at. Effectwise, it gets a 0 simply because it's just beyond broken. Ebizo was broken in puppets and you had to have the ninja in your discard or in your hand at some point. You mean I get to just pull a Naruto Uzumaki out of my deck when I put this guy in play? Or a Gamabunta? Yikes! The card is neat except for the text seems very off. I'll give you props for trying something new though...

User Name (Neji)
Effect: 2.5/5
Total: 15.5/25

Neji looks jagged and the colors are faded and the template just looks blurry. Effectwise, this card just seems a little bit too ridiculous against Water decks and doesn't seem to do anything worth while in decks outside of the Water matchup. The text is right but the formatting needs work. The effects are all unique but I just don't feel they don't fit Neji.

Lovely Ino (Violent Rearing)
Effect: 3.5/5
Neatness: 4.75/5
Total: 21/25

It was hard for me to figure out what's going on in the artwork, but after I figured it out it was pretty good. I like the effect but giving Jonin on turn 0 or turn 1 is pretty broken (depending on whether or not Jonin rank matters in the format). The text is very good as is the neatness and the creativity.

Naruto4Ever (Stealing My Sage Mode Artwork)
Creativity: 3.5/5
Total: 21.5/25

Big J (Balla' Status) has good artwork. I should know since I stole the art from Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and was hoping to collaborate with Shino's Dad to make a card. Oh well. . . The effect is a very good way to incorporate the toad theme but I felt a little more could be done. The text is well done and while the card is very neat, the super rare template makes it very hard to get everything you want ont he card. The second effect just seems slapped on there and while I like the combination incorporation, generic 1 damage is never really creative.

Shino's Dad (Kisame)
Text: 2.5/5
Neatness: 5/5
Creativity: 4.25/5
Total: 20/25

Where to begin? It's funny how you showed me this card a while back and the same two glaring problems on the card are still there. It should be "upon resolution" and the non-valid effect comes first. Despite that, the template and art are amazing and neatly put together. And the effect is a different take on Cold Blooded which I like.

MJM (Killer Bee)
Text: 3.75/5
Neatness: 5/5
Creativity: 5/5

I was really impressed with this one. The Killer Bee, aside from looking really fat, looks great, especially on that card template. The effect is probably a bit too powerful and I had to read it two or three times to get it, but based on the surname and the chaos it causes, I can't help but be reminded of Disaster of the Nine Tailed Fox combined with something like Test Proctor Anko. Love this card.

Megamarik (Child of the Prophecy)
Picture: 1.5/5
Creativity: 4.25/5
Total: 15.25/25

The picture doesn't even fill up the entire space of the card. . . unless this scene was widescreen or something. That being said, the effect is original and very playable. It might be a bit too good. The wording is correct, but the card overall just looks sloppy. A good effect creator who is simply lacking experience in the graphics department.

Ninja Pebble (Naruto Uzumaki [Tailed Beast Form])
Picture: 3.75/5
Effect: 1/5
Neatness: 3.5/5
Total: 14.75/25

I've seen this art before and it wasn't this faded/grainy. Effect is not as broken as some of the other stuff on this list but a turn 5, 7/0 & 9/2 that tutors a jutsu? It's just a straight broken effect that shows little creativity.

VSA (Zabuza Momochi)
Effect: 4.5/5
Total: 21/25

The picture is good just there are a few things wrong with it (I wish it was to the right more.) The effect is very strong but clearly has drawbacks. The card clearly written correctly in terms of text and the creativity is there but for some reason the font just looks off, and so the neatness suffers.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:59 am

Tsu Kiyo Me wrote:

Naruto4Ever (Stealing My Sage Mode Artwork)
Creativity: 3.5/5
Total: 21.5/25

Big J (Balla Mode) has good artwork. I should know since I ripped the art from Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and was hoping to collaborate with Shino's Dad to make a card. Oh well. . . The effect is a very good way to incorporate the toad theme but I felt a little more could be done. The text is well done and while the card is very neat, the super rare template makes it very hard to get everything you want ont he card. The second effect just seems slapped on there and while I like the combination incorporation, generic 1 damage is never really creative.

Hi there first off, thank you for giving reason especially with such a large quantity of cards. Um is there any way you could tell me what you see off in the Text. Sorry to get picky but Ive worked forever getting the fonts right for everyone and would like to know how to better them!
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:18 am

wtf is up with the super late entry?!? Once time was almost up, there was only 17 people who actually put a card up, which meant I only needed to get 2nd to last. If there was any more, I would've changed to a much better card. >.<
Wtf is the point of the deadline then?!? Seriously, this kind of thing isn't cool. :sigh:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010
Page 4 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next