Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010

Go down 
+20
VSA
Deets
Megamarik
User Name
Undeadflayme
sharingansasuke33
CursedSealingDragon
chidoricurrent2
mendokuse
Thayli
satanspawngenma
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
venkelos
Shino'sDad
aurelio
UchihaKyoji23
Susano'o the Storm God
naruto4ever
MJM
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 12:23 am

Alright, so we got our 3rd Judge, Thayli!

We also have 16 contestants! But don't be afraid to join just because you'll ruin the system, go ahead and join!
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Oh good, my account still works.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 2:08 pm

So we now have 17 entrants! We doubled and exceeded last years entrant number! Congratulations all! Now I'm looking toward 32 entrants! Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Thayli wrote:
Oh good, my account still works.
We don't penalize you for not being active on this site. Glad to see your back. Smile
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 am

Announcement Time!

So there are two things I'd like to let everyone know.

Round One: Preliminary Round
Yes. We have a number of people that isn't a multiple of 8. So this means the preliminary round has to take affect.

Now what is that? Well, I post a theme tomorrow night. Everyone has ONE WEEK to post a card by then. After that, Judges have the following week to Judge every card.

Judges! You should PM me your judgments, DO NOT, post them here for this round only.

The top 16 get to move on to Round Two. From there we will pair up the remaining contestants. Round Two will have the first pair of contestants. The two will post their cards. Judges can post their judgments anytime between the moment the two cards are posted and the deadline of the Round.

Those who still wish to enter can by the appropriate dead line that was posted originally.

Official Naruto CCG Card Making Ranking System
It has occurred to me that we are in need of a Ranking System. This Ranking System will have everyone start at 0. Anyone who enters a tournament that is sponsored by the ONCCGCMRS will receive points at the end of the tournament. The points will be used for future ranking at big card making tournaments. More on this later on in the year.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:47 am

Wooh for last minute entry. Figure, why not as a last time thing.

Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:58 pm

mendokuse wrote:

Great! Added!
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:43 pm

mendokuse wrote:

yeah! great! now it's a tourney!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

The Theme Is: A Super Rare Card

That's right. You can make ANY card. Ninja, Jutsu, Mission, or Client if you wish. So yeah anything with three dots at the bottom!

Post your entries please!
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:29 pm

sounds good!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Remember, you have until next Sunday to post a card!
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 am

btw, I have a last minute question:

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Nagato

Would this card's art style be considered "too non-anime"?
This is NOT my entry.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
btw, I have a last minute question:

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Nagato

Would this card's art style be considered "too non-anime"?
This is NOT my entry.

That would be considered "too non-anime" because it is directly from the Manga. I believe Lovely Ino explains what is and isn't a few pages back.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:42 am

MJM wrote:

That would be considered "too non-anime" because it is directly from the Manga. I believe Lovely Ino explains what is and isn't a few pages back.

ahh I see. Damn, cause I had a pic of Han, but it looks kinda like the manga. Let me see if I can show you the pic >_>
God the 5 tails and the 5 tails jinchuriki are like impossible to find pics of >.<

And here's the pic. Guessing from what Lovely Ino said, it's prolly considered "too non-anime" Sad

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Han
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:37 pm

As I see it, I have a whole week to change my mind, so for now, I will use this classic fallback of mine.

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 ShippudenReinforcementDanzoIzanagiFinalImage
Spoiler:

I will forever like this Danzo, partially because I made that artwork, and partially because it was my excuse to hammer out the last details of my Reinforcement template. I suppose one might say he is too non-anime, looking more like the manga, but I can't draw anime that well, and I am willing to lose a point or two, to let my own handiwork stand for me. Otherwise, this is a Rein Danzo that covers him channeling both Uchiha and Senju cheese, in the form of Sharingan, Mokuton, and Izanagi. He gets a stat boost befitting a Kage (even if only a "candidate"), and protection against hijacking and hi-jinks that would get him out of play; as a Rein card, this isn't an unreasonable ability (he reappeared somewhere else, unharmed). Though we really don't see him use Genjutsus, he certainly can, as well as breaking them, and it gets him best access to Sharingan effects we've seen used. Besides, he IS a Genjutsu most of that fight, so it works. Tree is pretty self-explanatory, and goes with his last effect. As a reminder, Chakra Affinity allows Danzo to use Earth and Fire chakra somewhat interchangeably, though with a slight cost of an additional chakra. This also covers how Danzo's use of Wood Release is more taxing for him, in the manga.

The spoiler is the Mission that deploys this Reinforcement card. It doesn't look great, but it doesn't have to, as it isn't an entry, just a reference for the balance of this card. It also rounds him out, giving him a nice effect if he's in Earth, or just a useful effect anytime. I figure it's no worse than Obito having that rough effect base, and if the Mission goes, then he has to depend on Sharingan cards and chakra, like everyone else.

Okay, there we are, the first entry. Good luck everyone, and I look forward to seeing the competition.

Last edited by venkelos on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:49 pm

crap.... my computers broken, and i dont get my new one till the eleventh. im using a school comp right now
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
CursedSealingDragon
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
CursedSealingDragon

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:26 pm

I probably should of waited a little longer because I have a whole week, but oh well. So, this is my entry for the Preliminary Round:

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Tourna11

Nagato is to support the whole Pain and Sacrifice theme of set 19. This card will most likely be extremely busted when the rest of the Pains come out, but for now I think it's pretty balanced with the Void theme. Similar to "The City of Pain"s first effect, but with steeper costs. He recovers the 1 card you lost for hand cost with 2. So in a sense, your swapping cards, because you get -1 for putting him into play, -1 for the hand cost, and +2 with the effect, that is if your running a Pain focused deck. Getting Nagato out on turn 3 will ensure that your Pain Preta and Deva Path wouldn't have to pay the Sacrifice costs, saving yourself two Ninjas. And finally, his last effect is to make sure you get to turn 6 as soon as possible, which wouldn't be hard with Time and City of Pain. Combining the effect with Pain (Animal Path) will make the effect go off every two turns, because of the Pain Spawn. If you can put together a high enough team for the effect to activate, that is. Just to clarify, any Victory would be a Victory or an Outstanding Victory. Also, Getting Nagato out with Iruka is pretty nice, but the hand cost would still have to be payed.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot my Signature.

Last edited by CursedSealingDragon on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sharingansasuke33
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
sharingansasuke33

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:38 pm

My entry for preliminary round:

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 N-037

Basically, it's more of a "search your deck for a specific Jutsu" card.
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:30 pm

i have two cards i could put down, number 1 is better, but i didn't plan on using it yet. number 2 will prolly get me through the round. which should i use? i want opinions.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 am

my entry:
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 008nonacceptanceb

whole idea of this lightning mission card is to play with your opponent with brute force, and to make him think twice before he make a move during his organization phase. lightning ninjas are strong, and they can survive on their own from the start.

p.s. i have repaired "phase" to "Phase", so i had to upload again the same card.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:26 am

So I've been playing nuns2 lately and my friend says chiyo is my best character so i felt obligated to make her as a card. I tried to stick to the theme of the game, when your very injured you can go awakened which is a super boost and she pulls out her 10 puppets, but then it goes away and has down time before you can use it again.... if your still alive lol. I'm not really playing naruto anymore, but i figured hand cost + strongly lowered stats for turn would be enough to balance the high requirement every other turn 5/8 5/8 chiyo.
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Chiyo
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 am

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Newsecretsasuke

here it is, one of many cards that will be sr! can't wait for you guys to see them. tell me what you think, alot of work went into this card!

Last edited by chidoricurrent2 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:13 am

I still think you should spell check your cards. "Begining", "Shaingan", etc...
That being said, it looks nice. Did you make that template?
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:14 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
I still think you should spell check your cards. "Begining", "Shaingan", etc...
That being said, it looks nice. Did you make that template?

wow, idk how i overlooked that, thank you. and yes, to a certain extent, i began it, and inspired it. but someone else finished it.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:51 am

Well, I might as well inform everyone. After this tourney I will be stopping Naruto CCG Card making. Or extremely slowing down if that sounds better? However as a final farewell I finished/made the new templates and the top 4 people in this tourney will get them to do what ever they please. I will be using them in all of my rounds, so expect supers and promos from my self. A lot of hard work went into these and considering only 3-4 cards of each element exist like this I think they turned out phenomenal. Expect to see lightning when I post my card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next