Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010

Go down 
+20
VSA
Deets
Megamarik
User Name
Undeadflayme
sharingansasuke33
CursedSealingDragon
chidoricurrent2
mendokuse
Thayli
satanspawngenma
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
venkelos
Shino'sDad
aurelio
UchihaKyoji23
Susano'o the Storm God
naruto4ever
MJM
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:35 pm

**Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010**

Come one, come all, to the biggest and greatest Card Making tournament the boards have ever seen! The year of 2010 is coming to a close in a few months, therefore we need something big... No, huge, to end it. How about the Ultimate Card Maker Tournament?

Now if you're unfamiliar of how it goes or want to brush up on how it went down last year you can check out this thread. However, mostly everything from that thread will be posted on this thread as well.

Before we get to the formalities, the veterans have probably noticed that there is one thing different from last year already. The name of the tournament has been changed from "Ultimate Make-A-Card Tournament" to "Ultimate Card Maker Tournament". It's much more suiting.

Another change is this tournament will most likely be held on the Card Making Boards. Reason being you can actually post images of the cards there, not just links. It will still be held here for updates only but the tournament will be held at the Card Making Site. Registration is preferred to be on the Card Making Boards but will be accepted here as well. I recommend everyone to join the Card Making Boards as soon as possible. Now then, let's go to the basics of the tournament. (This paragraph doesn't really concern you if you are already a member.)

Registration
Last year I was somewhat disappointed at the outcome of the entrants. Last year's tournament got a mere 8 entrants, a few of which never actually came I believe. This year I want ALL the card makers, new or old, good or bad, Paint-User or Photoshop-User, alike to enter. Thus, I'm giving everyone twenty days to ender this grand event.

Yes, you heard right, you have twenty days to ender. Registration will officially end on November 1st, 2010 at 12:00 AM EST. The Tournament will begin at that time. I'm allowing the tournament to last for two months because of a lot of card making material being released AND a lot of new card makers joining.

Anyways, anyone can join really. All you have to do is state that you are joining and along with it, post a number. Yes, any number. This is one of the most important parts of registration. Please do not forget for it is a hassle to track you down and ask for a number. The number should be a positive integer that is not a decimal or fraction or percentage. Also, it shouldn't be something crazy or wild like 124532943592419. Thank you.

Rules
1) You must enter an image of the card, no typing out!
2) You must have made the card, not anyone else.
3) To all of those who make cards, please just enter.
4) Judges shall be selected by me, do not ask. I'm going to find at least two, maybe three Judges.
5) You have a deadline to post the card, if you can't post it within that deadline you are disqualified.
6) All cards, online stated otherwise, must be Ninja cards. Squads, Reinforcements, and Platoons fall under this category of Ninja cards.

Judges, Judging, and the Judge's Duties
Alright, last year I established a system where I had 3 Judges. However all 3 Judges were in the tournament and there were times where 2 Judges were facing against each other and couldn't judge their own cards, meaning a 4th Judge had to be found. Another flaw in the system was that if a Judge wished to go against another contestant instead, they could simply cheat their judgments, ruining the outcome of the Tournament.

So this year, I'm refining the system. I'm going to be choosing 2-3 Judges that I know are capable of understanding the logic of a card. The Judges will be veteran or experienced players who know when a card is good, bad, or broken. If I cannot find these Judges I'll propose an alternative that might be used.

Judges should use the following criteria:

PICTURE: X/5 Pts (Is the picture a good pic? Is it too "non-anime"? Or is it too pixilated?"
EFFECT: X/5 Pts (Is the effect broken for its rarity? Does it lean to game winning too much?)
TEXT: X/5 Pts (How close is the text to the text of a real card? Is it worded properly? Grammar? Punctuation?)
NEATNESS: X/5 Pts (Is it neat and put together well? Is there something that stands out and doesn't look right?)
CREATIVITY: X/5 Pts (Is it creative? Is it a "cookie-cutter" effect? Is it overused?)
TOTAL: X/25 Pts

I will allow Judges to use decimals but please keep them at ".25", ".50" or ".75" nothing outrageous like ".345664635553122469423491"... /).< Also, please do not Judge PAST the maximum points available.

Judges are expected to post their judgments as soon as the deadline is ended. Please be punctual Judges!!! No one likes waiting a week for the tournament to progress.

List of Judges
1. Zero Master of Percision
2. Tsu Kiyo Me
3. Thayli

Contestants
1. MJM #62
2. naruto4ever #1
3. Susano'o the Storm God #4
4. UchihaKyoji23 #9
5. aurelio #3
6. Shino'sDad #14
7. undeadflayme #13
8. venkelos #6
9. sharingansasuke33 #21
10. chidoricurrent2 #2
11. Megamarik #47
12. Ninja Pebble #3
13. Lovely Ino #7
14. CursedSealingDragon #5
15. Hans #42
16. satanspawngenma #23
17. enter_user_name_here_ #13
18. world of pein #24
19. mendokuse #18

Last edited by MJM on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Sign me up as well. No promises that my cards will be any good this time...but I like the #1
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:10 am

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
I'm in!

Please post a number.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:14 am

MJM wrote:
I'm in!

Please post a number.

kk. I pick #4
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 am

Sounds good. I'll go with #9.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 am

btw MJM, I don't think you'll get many people from the Bandai site because there aren't rlly very many/if any good card makers on that site anymore.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 am

i'm in. #3

btw, total is x/25
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm

btw MJM, I don't think you'll get many people from the Bandai site because there aren't rlly very many/if any good card makers on that site anymore.

That's harsh.

You don't have to be good to make a good card. Zero is one who will be picky and won't buy something that is just shiny.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:21 pm

MJM wrote:

That's harsh.

You don't have to be good to make a good card. Zero is one who will be picky and won't buy something that is just shiny.

I think you may have misinterpreted my statement. Anyways, in case you did misinterpret my statement, what I meant was, there are very few people who are good at making cards on that site anymore. In fact, you and I are some of the few people on that site who actually make cards that are still on that site. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:07 am

I'm in, Number 14.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:23 pm

I shall toss my hat into the ring, and claim the number 6.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 pm

MJM wrote:

Registration
Last year I was somewhat disappointed at the outcome of the entrants. Last year's tournament got a mere 8 entrants, a few of which never actually came I believe. This year I want ALL the card makers, new or old, good or bad, Paint-User or Photoshop-User, alike to enter. Thus, I'm giving everyone twenty days to ender this grand event.

woot woot, we already reached 8!
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:57 am

I will join

Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:41 am

Ninja Pebble wrote:
I will join

I believe that number is already taken
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Okie dokie, I suppose I'll give it a try. I hope I can keep up with everyone.

Just wondering, would I be penalized for chibi art if it's in the exact style found on the real chibi cards?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:55 pm

Ninja Pebble wrote:
I will join

I believe that number is already taken

It was never said multiple entrants couldn't pick the same number. Wink

Lovely Ino wrote:
Okie dokie, I suppose I'll give it a try. I hope I can keep up with everyone.

Just wondering, would I be penalized for chibi art if it's in the exact style found on the real chibi cards?

You'd have to ask the judges on that one. I cannot decide that.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:39 am

Im going to talk to mendo if we can get him in on this. If I can, this is gonna be the tourney that cannot be beaten (by comparison of course)!
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:36 am

btw, what does "too "non-anime"" mean?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:49 am

btw, what does "too "non-anime"" mean?

It sort of means a picture that isn't cel shaded, or has an art style that doesn't look like the anime's, and - by extension - the art used on the normal cards. An example might be this one...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:37 pm

I doubt my card will be anywhere near as good as most of the other contestants, but what the hell sign me up I'll give it a shot, put me in as number 23.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm

MJM wrote:
It was never said multiple entrants couldn't pick the same number.

i really don't give a crap about somebody picked my number, but why did you need those numbers then?
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 2:57 am

aurelio wrote:
MJM wrote:
It was never said multiple entrants couldn't pick the same number.

i really don't give a crap about somebody picked my number, but why did you need those numbers then?
. It's to help pair off round 1
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:02 pm

When?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 pm

venkelos wrote:
When?

Round 1 will be after the deadline is over.

We have 16 entrants meaning we have a fully operational tournament in our hands!

Now the deadline hasn't been reached yet so I'll leave it open for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next