Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010

Go down 
+20
VSA
Deets
Megamarik
User Name
Undeadflayme
sharingansasuke33
CursedSealingDragon
chidoricurrent2
mendokuse
Thayli
satanspawngenma
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
venkelos
Shino'sDad
aurelio
UchihaKyoji23
Susano'o the Storm God
naruto4ever
MJM
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

Sorry I didnt post last night elsher, had some serious interwebs problems.

Satanspwangenma (Tenzo)

ARTWORK 2/5
-The overall quality of the art is weak. Most notable is the lack of linework on the side facing the middle where it clashes terribly with the white outline.
CARD LAYOUT 4/5
-Can barely see the water symbol.
TEXT LAYOUT 5/5
-No flaws
SPELLING & GRAMMAR 4/5
-Should say "Move" not put.
EFFECT TEXT 2/5
-Seems like a “win-more” effect.
-Playability hurt by a similar yet superior card.
17/25

V.S.

Naruto4Ever (Shikamaru)

ARTWORK 3.5/5
-The artwork is well vectored, but it seems too large to me.
-The green fading seems fake
CARD LAYOUT 5/5
TEXT LAYOUT 4/5
-A little tight, you should have more spacing.
SPELLING & GRAMMAR 4/5
-Problema with wording.
EFFECT TEXT 3/5
-I’d say he’s a little too well balanced. The hand cost seems unnecessary to me with the two earth chakra cost. It was needed for quick wit because he didn’t have a cost like this to prevent splashing.
-All in all the effect is only decent because I think that the cost is a little too high. With his second effect the mental battle can get fairly ugly but by the time he becomes viable, the shikamaru/asuma squad is going to be a better option.
Final: 19.5/25

CursedSealingDragon (Obito)

ARTWORK 2.5/5
-The line work is far too light
-The eyes are too “shiny”
CARD LAYOUT 4.5/5
-The Genjutsu Symbol is poping out at the bottom.
TEXT LAYOUT 5/5
SPELLING & GRAMMAR 3/5
-Decent but the second effect has some wording errors (selecting is too vague. What if the first effect is negated?)
EFFECT TEXT 1/5
-I would consider either of those two effects broken on their own. Having your opponent play with their hand constantly revealed while yours is hidden is simply too great an advantage. Getting such an advantage early and at no cost is unfair.
-The second effect is broken as well because hand hate is supposed to be much more difficult. Now playing a few low cost jutsus is enough to completely cripple your opponent. Play a card like Byakugan with him and suddenly they lose up to 3 cards in hand for almost no cost.
Final: 16/25

V.S.

UchihaKyoji23 (The Third Hokage Younger Days)

ARTWORK 2/5
-This is probably a LQ screenshot from the anime. Its far too blurry and really weakens the card. Anime pictures have to be vectored if they are to look correct on cards.
CARD LAYOUT 4/5
-Numbers are very messy
TEXT LAYOUT 3/5
-Font is incorrect and too bolded.
-Name: Third Hokage is broken up.
SPELLING & GRAMMAR 3.5/5
-Should say: ..."Monkey King Enma" Ninja Card
-Should say: "Leaf + Animal"
EFFECT TEXT 4.5/5
-The draw power is very nice to have in fire. Even if you don’t need enma anymore the hand advantage this card brings is very well needed in animal fire decks.
-All of this seems reasonable for a 5 drop.
-Why is his younger form a Satoosa?
FINAL SCORE: 17/25

Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 am

Thayli wrote:

EFFECT TEXT 4.5/5
-The draw power is very nice to have in fire. Even if you don’t need enma anymore the hand advantage this card brings is very well needed in animal fire decks.

bolded: because it was stated somewhere that at the time period the pic is from, the 3rd Hokage was already Hokage

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 70171 The scores were rlly close this round Shocked
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 am

Totals!

naruto4ever

20+ 19 + 19.5 = 58.5/75

satanspawngenma

16 + 18 + 17 = 51/75

CursedSealingDragon

17.5 + 17.5 + 16 = 51/75

UchihaKyoji23

17.5 + 17.5 + 17 = 52/75

The ones who advance are naruto4ever and UchihaKyoji23!!

Sorry for those who lost, better luck next year!

And without further adieu, the brackets for Round 3!!

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 MatFinal23
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:30 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
Thayli wrote:

EFFECT TEXT 4.5/5

bolded: because it was stated somewhere that at the time period the pic is from, the 3rd Hokage was already Hokage

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 70171 The scores were rlly close this round Shocked

Yep, in Danzo's last issue, when he is reliving his youth with the 2nd, Sarutobi, the other elders, and some Uchiha, when Tobirama says he's going to sacrifice himself to save them, he says that, tomorrow, Sarutobi will be Hokage. So, a rather young Sarutobi is declared Hokage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 am

venkelos wrote:
Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
Thayli wrote:

EFFECT TEXT 4.5/5

Yep, in Danzo's last issue, when he is reliving his youth with the 2nd, Sarutobi, the other elders, and some Uchiha, when Tobirama says he's going to sacrifice himself to save them, he says that, tomorrow, Sarutobi will be Hokage. So, a rather young Sarutobi is declared Hokage.

Actually I believe it was already stated before that he was already the 3rd Hokage at the time of training the future sannin
Back to top Go down
User Name
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
User Name

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:24 pm

User Name wrote:
Sorry for the small font size; I needed to cram in a lot of text Shocked

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Kakuzurth

If you are having trouble reading it:

Valid: At the end of the turn, place 1 Ninja Blade coin (symbolizing a Heart coin) on this Ninja for each of your opponent's Ninjas that were removed from play due to this Ninja's Team during the turn.

Valid: During your Mission Phase, you may remove any amount of Heart coins from this Ninja. In that case, apply one of the following effects according to the number of Heart coins you removed.

1+ ) Put 1 "Four Souls of Kakuzu" in play from your Reinforcemnt Deck.
2+ ) Remove this Ninja from the game and put 1 "Kakuzu (Soul Form)" in play from your Reinforcement Deck ignoring Sacrifice.

The effect probably won't win me any points for creativity, as I am aiming for a playable Kakuzu that is not a Super rare. I wanted it to somehow get 4 Souls out, but not as easily as [Multiple Hearts] does. The secondary effect makes Kakuzu (Soul Form) more playable (albeit still at T8) and gives it a boost for having a weaker first effect than [MH] does.
Bumping my entry up a few pages for the convenience of the judges.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Well, here's my entry, one Fifth Kazekage. I was thinking of one of my characters; many of them are Wind, but figured better to not risk it, and Sakura pulled a blank in my head.

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Shippuden5thKKforUTournamentImage2

He's rather simple; his desire to be loved by his people, and their wish for him to be their Kazekage combine to make a powerful ninja. His first effect is their want to help him; they pour forth their energy to give him an edge, while his second effect is his desire to protect them. When he goes out to fight for them, he gains strength. Each power is nice, but you have to decide which you want, based on Gaara's role. If he is a jutsu machine, you want the Sand Ninjas in your chakra area, while if he is a mainline fighter, you want them to stand with him. Granted, you could try both, but there aren't oh so many Sand Ninjas (8 I think, and three are much more for puppets, leaving around 5 that might actually get into the deck). He gets Mastery, mostly because he's a Kage, and because we've seen him repeat use jutsus. Granted, his Mastery doesn't benefit from his effects, but he might have a little chakra remaining to use it more often. He comes a bit weaker, due to having Mastery, but you can offset that with some other Sand shinobi, and a T6 4th Hokage has equal Healthy Pwr.

I really hope to not lose points on the name; I figure it's no different than "The 5th Kazekage", but the version of the font I have doesn't do numbers, and cut/pasting it from another looks crappy with the rest. Well, that probably about covers him, then. Thanks N4E for wordage assistance.

Last edited by venkelos on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deets
Genin
Genin
Deets

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Two subpar cards. Gaara is slightly less bad, mostly on the fact that the picture for Kakuzu is abysmal.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:09 am

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 27xqz5e Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 N-226-2

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Kakuzurth Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Karin

bumping all these up
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 am

Here's my entry, hope I can make it past this round. :p

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 M142

Umm, I guess i should explain the card huh. Pretty much just based on what's going on in the manga right now. I decided to take a non Puppet based route with kank to be unique. And since I knew his effect could be potentially abuse-able in water I gave him non valid and lowered stats to turn 3 stats on a turn 4 AND added sacrifice. Hoping all that would be enough, the manga right now is about bringing all ninjas together so restricting him to just wind didn't seem right. Plus the sacrifice 1 ninja once again fits the storyline since a team member was lost to make their battle a success.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:52 am

Deets wrote:
Two subpar cards. Gaara is slightly less bad, mostly on the fact that the picture for Kakuzu is abysmal.

I really feel that we should avoid making remarks like this. If you don't like the cards, then offering constructive criticism is okay, but using such cruel words with respect to any form of artistic expression can be just plain hurtful. I think we should try to be as encouraging as we can, not take potshots at each other.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

Deets wrote:
Two subpar cards. Gaara is slightly less bad, mostly onthe fact that the picture for Kakuzu is abysmal.
Um...Thanks? If you don't like it, that's fine, but say why, rather than just that you don't.

mendokuse wrote:
Here's my entry, hope I can make it past this round. :p

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 M142

Umm, I guess i should explain the card huh. Pretty much just based on what's going on in the manga right now. I decided to take a non Puppet based route with kank to be unique. And since I knew his effect could be potentially abuse-able in water I gave him non valid and lowered stats to turn 3 stats on a turn 4 AND added sacrifice. Hoping all that would be enough, the manga right now is about bringing all ninjas together so restricting him to just wind didn't seem right. Plus the sacrifice 1 ninja once again fits the storyline since a team member was lost to make their battle a success.

Very nice. I was hoping somebody would use that art, some time, though I can't find it colored; only b&w, and my coloring attempt went into more time than I liked (hence, no Kankuro & Sasori Platoon for my made-for-fun thread). Mind sharing where you found it?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:04 pm

venkelos wrote:
Very nice. I was hoping somebody would use that art, some time, though I can't find it colored; only b&w, and my coloring attempt went into more time than I liked (hence, no Kankuro & Sasori Platoon for my made-for-fun thread). Mind sharing where you found it?

Pretty sure N4E line-arted and colored it.
Back to top Go down
VSA
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EarthstyleTenThousandFist4-1

My card, there it is!

Story: I had to make an Earth jutsu, which while it may seem simple enough once you start looking only Hyuga Jutsu and random stuff exist. So I went with the 12 Shinobi Guardians jutsu, Raigo: Thousand Hand Strike. But of course me being me, I had to put my own twist on it. I turned it from a mediocre jutsu into a powerhouse blocking jutsu. Both Asuma and Chiriku screwed Hidan and Kakuzu up in the manga with it, so I built a jutsu to reflect it. I started out with a boring offensive effect of injuring 2 ninja, and built it up to be this power house blocker jutsu. It's built to make sure you can't instant get the combination off it by making sure that Neither Asuma nor Chiriku can cast it the turn they come into play and block. Otherwise I think it's a simple jutsu that could see lots of play in Earth.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:43 am

MJM wrote:
venkelos wrote:

^This^ I did line/color it mendo made the Chakra threads but I felt honored that he used it.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:10 am

naruto4ever wrote:
MJM wrote:
venkelos wrote:

^This^ I did line/color it mendo made the Chakra threads but I felt honored that he used it.
Sorry for the confusion, yes art was by N4E there isnt really a place on the card like the old templates for a made by stamp otherwise I would have slapped art by N4E on it. And like said I did the smallest part of the art, the chakra strings lol. Effect and compilation is totally mine though. No one said I couldn't use someone elses art.
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Mods have full permission to ban Deets for the remainder of the tournament.

I talked to him last night and he is just bored and looking for trouble. We still love him, but he is distracting to the event.

Sorry Nick.
Back to top Go down
Thayli
Genin
Genin
Thayli

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:

I talked to him last night and he is just bored and looking for trouble. We still love him, but he is distracting to the event.

Sorry Nick.

So people aren't entitled to their opinion anymore if it makes someone look bad? I didn't realize this was bandai... Hehe

Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Thayli wrote:
Shino'sDad wrote:

Sorry Nick.

So people aren't entitled to their opinion anymore if it makes someone look bad? I didn't realize this was bandai... Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 70171

I think its more a case that we want a constructive environment. If he had said "your stuff sucks you shoulda tried this instead" then perhaps there wouldnt be such a problem.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: !!! IMPORTANT NEWS !!!   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:58 pm

I am allowing permission for the Mods to remove any post(s) that is down right "only" attacking another member and ones that are purposefully made to start trouble on a thread. This also goes for spamming, but I know everyone on these boards are better then that.

People, you have your full opinions on the boards, but remember the people you share your posts with have feelings too. Deets will not be banned just because of previous posts, but everyone is viable for banned for any rule braking. This doesn't mean if you brake a rule you will always get banned.

Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
Deets
Genin
Genin
Deets

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:

Sorry Nick.

you're the worst baby daddy ever.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Here's my entry

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 RisingTwinDragons
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:38 am

where is judging for Undeadflayme vs MJM and Ninja Pebble vs User_Name?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am

Noooo, don't be late judges, this is how all tourneys start falling apart.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm trying to get in contact with my judges. If nothing can be done about I'll find replacements.

Round Four
Shino'sDad vs MegamarIk
AND
Lovely Ino vs chidoricurrent2
Deadline: 11:59 PM EST Sunday, December 12th, 2010

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next