Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Old School Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

The Old School Tournament  Empty
PostSubject: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Before you continue, check out Mendo's Sannin #2 Tournament. It looks really cool!

Now all you card making veterans, remember the time where we had copy/pasted instead of photoshopped? Or when we used Times New Roman instead of Elan whatever it is? How about when the only active characteristic of a Ninja was Growth? The good old days right? Let's take a trip down memory lane!

If you haven't figured it out by now, this tournament is The Old School Tournament! A tournament that takes all veterans back into the good old days when only 1 or 2 people had the best templates around. When posting on Bandai under Make Your Own Cards. Preferably Images allowed actual pictures instead of links. When the thread was in the General Discussion section. Yes, it's all coming back.

This is how it's gonna go down. You make 4 cards that could have "blended" in as a card from Set 10: Lineage of Legends. Now what does "blended" in mean? It must match all grammar, card terms, templates, power levels, characteristics, etc. of cards in that Set. Keep in mind when creating the card that the card will be judged on its playability as well. To judge this I will remove the existence of every Set 11 and up card printed. Thus meaning the Rogue List and Block Format are gone. In other words, the cards have to not be the NEW broken thing of the format.

You must make 1 Ninja with Set 10 styling.
You must make 1 Jutsu with Set 10 styling.
You must make 1 Mission with Set 10 styling.
The fourth card can be any one of the above. However, if you choose to make a Client, you will get a bonus.

All 4 cards should be in a theme or have something that ties them together. Furthermore, just because we're going back doesn't mean the quality should be crap. ALSO, THIS MIGHT BE EASY FOR VETERANS BUT NEWCOMERS SHOULD TRY THIS TOO! IT'LL BE REALLY FUN!

Now, I don't know about you guys but I don't have any of the old templates. What should I do? You can try and reconstruct it or use templates from the Card Making section of Bandai. Ah, the good old days. Brings a lot back. Sad

Note, I will be entering this too but not for the prize. Oh yes, the prize. The prize is at the moment undecided. If anyone wants to help contribute to it, PM me and we can discuss it but I'm sure it's going to end up great.

Oh yeah the deadline. The deadline will be May 15th, 2010. Let's get this thing going!!!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 pm

If you get some other folks, I'll probably try this out. Sounds rather fun.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am

This sounds fun and not to mention that it was after set 10 when I first stopped making cards cuz I worked hard making the old temps for everyone with the help of a few others and then Bandai maked a new temp and I didn't want to work on them, but those days are over.
Thumbs up
I'm in
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Great! Come on everyone else!
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:37 pm

That looks like enough interested folks. I am happy that I began card-making when those templates were still the thing, so I SHOULD be able to make some stuff. Not sure what yet, but hey, that's the joy of having most of a month to think about it.

So, does the good old days tourney also mean we have to hop in the way back machine for options? Is Chunin (Sakura, Lee, Hinata, etc.), Jonin (Neji, Temari, Kankuro, etc.), Ambush, Squad, Madara, and any character or concept that debuted after Set 10 off the table? Just don't want to make an old template Sasori, or something, and have it ruled out because he certainly wasn't in set 10.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 9:42 pm

Only characters that were available during Set 10.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, I'll be the first, and hopefully not the only, but I chose the flagship ninja, himself; that knuckle-headed goofball Naruto.

Ninja
The Old School Tournament  OldiesTourneyNarutoImage

Jutsu
The Old School Tournament  OldiesShadowClonejutsuImage

Mission
The Old School Tournament  OldiesSCReservesImage

Client
It'll be a Jiraiya, but I have to take a break, and do some stuff. If it goes into extra innings, due to other people also being slow, I'll have it up tomorrow, but I'll try to get it here this afternoon.

Okay, that's the set. Naruto shadow clones like mad, both with token power and effect juice, and he gains oomph from fallen "clones" of him (Narutos in the DPile). Jiraiya, on the other hand, gives back valuable stuff for Naruto achieving the point of the Shadow Clone practice, summoning Ninja Toads. Eventually, he also steps in, perhaps, to kick @$$ with his apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:05 pm

I haven't gotten into making any cards yet but when I do I will make a few old template ones. But while I am here I will post some old memorable ones I made.

The Old School Tournament  Card-16
The Old School Tournament  Card-10
The Old School Tournament  Card-1
The Old School Tournament  Card
The Old School Tournament  Card-8
The Old School Tournament  Double-21

Here is the link to my Photobucket account for more!
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:10 pm

The Old School Tournament  Cards-4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Old School Tournament    The Old School Tournament  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Old School Tournament
Page 1 of 1