Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+9
Fayt Susomi
satanspawngenma
venkelos
mendokuse
naruto4ever
Susano'o the Storm God
Sandboxkid
aurelio
Lovely Ino
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:13 am

Here's my entry.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney TentenTsunade

For this one, since there was no use trying to develop a story line based connection, I decided to look at the gameplay aspect and actually browsed the deck dojo to see what female decks had these days. I noticed they had a lot of good jutsus that did damage, so I made a card with an effect based around this.

The effect seems powerful at first glance, but considering a couple things, I don't think it is. It's not optional, and this card essentially renders your whole village nonlethal. If it was used arbitrarily, I think the effect could put you at a big disadvantage. Obviously, jutsu cards like Infuriation would be better without this effect, and letting your opponent reuse "put in play" effects and use the returned ninja as hand costs and such could be dangerous. Could be devastating for the opponent if you use it while your winning and go on total offense though, which is what female decks seem to be about now. The platoon has a hand cost itself, so platooning off of Tsunade is costly, and there aren't a lot of great Tenten's out there to platoon off of, especially outside of a weapon deck.

Lineart and colors of both characters by moi, by the way.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:32 pm

wow for both mjm and ino!
what a beautiful pictures. specially obito and tenten.
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Sorry my entry is late..have had some pc issues. I should have it up by the end of the night.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:40 pm

so uh... When the **** is he judging for the last tourney gonna be announced? Mendo's Ongoing tourney 160697
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:44 am

Sorry all I messed up on the main page, Judging for both weeks will be Saturday. MJM I thought you were judging but I guess not....
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 am

at least, post a new theme at a right time.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:32 am

aurelio wrote:
at least, post a new theme at a right time.

With school starting for a lot of people the new judging day and theme day will be Saturday. Also, please keep your attitude under control if something doesnt happen the way you want it to that gives you no reason to keep snippy.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:20 am

whatever you say dude
i didn't meant to be rude.
i just want a new theme
to make it fit with my new scheme

Mendo's Ongoing tourney NarutoverseNARUTOShippuden142avi_001066527

Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:49 am

Here's my crappy randomness.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney M133
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:54 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Here's my crappy randomness.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney M133

This seems especially appropriate, thanks to the last issue of the manga. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 am

venkelos wrote:

This seems especially appropriate, thanks to the last issue of the manga. Interesting.
Smile Inspiration comes from different places. In this case i was stumped who to do so i was like whats a messed up pairing and i was like OMG Might Guy and his Inner Self lol. :P
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:56 am

Alright, for all of you who are angry that judging isnt up I am sorry. I have been extremely busy. Therefore, this week I am not going to hold a tourney instead I want everyone to post up their favorite card made by themselves and explain to the other users why you like it. This is so I can get caught up on 2 weeks worth of judging and I think it would be rather fun to see what the creators think their favorite card is. So again I am sorry please forgive me and please post up your favorite card!!
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:43 am

Sorry N4E for getting this up late, my PC issues had me reinstalling software for the past cpl days, my entry for this week is a shika/ibika squad. with the new face up BR's i wanted to give an effect were Ibiki is interrogating the opponent by getting info by looking at a card from the opponents hand and exchanging it with the face up BR, then toss in a mental battle since both characters seem extremly intelligent.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney SHIKAIBIKISQUADcopy-1

it was hard to even find a pic of Ibiki, really wish I had the time to redraw him.

Last edited by Sandboxkid on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:23 pm

My favorite card I've made? This could be tough. Well, I suppose I would have to say it is a Mikomi, seeing as she is my most prolific character in cards, recently not withstanding. I will probably post several cards, seeing as they aren't getting judged, so it's an excuse to show off.

Out of all my cards, these Mikomis are probably my overall favorites:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney N510076743_1296162_3195 Mendo's Ongoing tourney N510076743_1296163_3710
Overall, she is probably still my favorite original character, and these two cards made me make 50+ others of her, and then I made the other characters. Her greatest power is not Sharingan, Mit. Regeneration, hyper-strength, summoning, or any of those, but the ability to inspire me to participate in this hobby.

I'm rather fond of my Reinforcement cards, so here are two of what I think were the better ones. Although he can be considered a total douchebag, I really like this Danzo card, as I've said several times. I like that it's my own art, and a bit cheesy. As for Nagato, it looks cool, and makes my version of the Six Paths of Pain work (as would my Client version, but this seems cooler.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney ShippudenReinforcementDanzoIzana-1 Mendo's Ongoing tourney ShippudenReinforcementNagatoImage
I like this one because it is mostly Danzo at his greatest power; I get sad when the only cards of a character are their "I'm hiding my potential" entries. I'll be happy when I can add Danzos and Tobis to my Sharingan deck; they are already there, but more Sharingan users is always better for the deck. This one has all of Danzo's tricks; rank + genjutsu + Sharingan to use all of the cool Sharingan Eye cards, Tree to use Yamato's/Hashirama's jutsus, Dual Affinity to more easily enable them both in a single deck (and it fits, because using Mokuton is taxing to Danzo), and durability in battle. I think I'll always like this card. With Nagato, he makes the powerful Pain Ninjas even more so. If you are willing to toss in some other element jutsus, or if all of the paths weren't Water (mine were, though), they can use all of the elements, without having to have all of the chakras. He is also protected by those he improves, ensuring that he stays in play, doing his part.

This one is mostly just for fun. I believe I was the first card-maker here/at Bandai boards to make Hermit/Sage Naruto, and started a little phenomenon. This was that card.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney ShippudenNarutoSageModeImage
My cards have changed a lot since then.

Well, that about does it for this theme. Hope folks like this little glimpse into the past.

Last edited by venkelos on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 pm

well after looking through all my cards(theres not that many, im still rather new at this) i decided that these 3 were my favorites so i decided to post them all

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Peincard
ok as for this card, this was one of the very first cards i ever created(very first ninja card ever) and i thought it turned out pretty nice.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Madarauchiha
this was the very first card i ever entered into the tourney and so i just like it thats all

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Kakuzu
now for this card im not sure why but i just always really liked it, i like the way the picture came out mainly.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
Fayt Susomi
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
Fayt Susomi

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-08-27

PostSubject: Jiraiya Younger Days   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:31 am

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Jiraiy14

It is my 1st card I have yet to make , plus Jiraiya is my favorite good guy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/fayt_songin
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Fayt Susomi wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney Jiraiy14

It is my 1st card I have yet to make , plus Jiraiya is my favorite good guy

Rather nice, except, I am pretty sure that the Sannin got their title as Chunin. He was a Sannin before he was granted the right to become Jonin, and thus train shinobi, like Minato. Having said that, of course, I think I lkie yours anyway, because a Sannin/Satoosa rank ninja on turn 4, with no sucky effect, would be cheese.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:40 am

Ok phew I finished Judging sorry for the wait every one. The main board will be updated this Saturday so please keep posting your Favorite card!!

Alright well finally here is the Judging:

Aurelio:
Grammar: 4.5/5 The second effect is so unique but I dont think its worded properly not sure how to fix it >.<
Creativity: 3/3 Non Nartuo = Good Creativity
Playability: 1.5/3 Not sure I would run this turn 5 is Kakashi's Slot. Plus he only has 1 effect that would be used...
Broken or Not: 2/2 Dont think its broken. Though it could be if Humans could only take 2 Damage.
Art: 2/2 Looks good

Total:
13/15

Shino'sDad:
Grammar: 4.5/5 It should read like this:
"Valid: When this Ninja becomes the user of a Jutsu card with "Requirements: "Weapon" and/or "Tiajutsu" Combat Attribute" you can give this Ninja -1/-1 during the turn. In that case, that Jutsu card cannot be affected by your opponent's effects."
Playability: 2.75/3 Not sure its good in a specific Deck type.
Broken or Not: 2/2 Awesome balanced card
Art: 2/2 Looks good! Keep making cards!!!!!!!

Total:
14.25/15

SatanSpawnGenma:
Grammar: 4.5/5 It should read like this:
"Valid: When this Ninja is sent out to Battle, you can discard 2 of your Chakras. In that case, you can make 1 of your opponent's Ninjas with an Entrance cost of 5 or less Battling against this Ninja's Team a Stand-By Ninja during the turn and the next.
Playability: 3/3 Yes please!
Broken or Not: 0/2 Way broken Stand by for 2 turns for any 2 Chakras yes please!
Art: 1/2 Little rough on the render.

Total: 11.5/15

Susano'o the Storm God:
Grammar: 4.5/5 The first effect should read:
When this Ninja is sent out to Attack, you can discard 2 of your "Water" Chakras. In that case, give 1 Damage to 1 Ninja with an Entrance cost less than that of this Ninja.
Playability: 2/3 After reading the reinforcement I may or may not want to run this. Due to it not fitting into Water's Theme it might not see play.
Broken or Not: 2/2 At the moment it doesnt seem so.
Art: 2/2 Looks good!

Total: 13.5/15

Venkelos:
Grammar: 4.5/5 The First effect should read:
"During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 1 card from your hand to negate and discard 1 Jutsu card being used. In that case, any Chakra discarded for that Jutsu card is moved to the user's Chakra area.
Playability: 3/3 Nice early drop with an Awesome effect, if only she had a Water Symbol.
Broken or Not: 1/2 I think its really really good definatly a staple in almost all decks no hand cost great stats and an awesome effect. Who cares about Temari Wind Scythe with this card lol.
Art: 2/2 Nice, I still cant believe that you add your own outer glow.

UchihaKyoji23:
Grammar: 4.5/5 It should read:
"When this Ninja is sent out to Battle, you can discard 1 Ninja that is Battling against this Ninja."
Playability: 3/3 YES PLEASE!
Broken or Not: 0/2 So badly broken!!!
Art: 2/2 Looks good

Total: 12.5/15

Mendokuse:
Grammar: 5/5
Yes the first!!!
Playability: 2/3 Im not so sure he is as uber as you think I mean for 1 turn of Stats the Rarity could probably go down.
Broken or Not: 2/2 I dont think so.
Art: 2/2 Nice Render!

Total: 14/15

Lovely Ino:
Grammar: 5/5 Looks good thank you for pointing that out.
Playability: 3/3 After you finished the theme I can say that I love it!
Broken or Not: 1.5/2 A free unlimited pump combo might be a little much even if your opponent negates it all you need to do is just play it again. So your gonna need to be removed other wise its a OV
Art: 2/2 Outstanding as always.

Total: 14.5/15

Datenshi Uchiha:
Grammar: 4.5/5 I think it should read:
"Valid: During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 1 card from your hand to negate and discard 1 Jutsu card being played. In that case, search your opponent's Deck for any Jutsu cards with the same name as the one discarded and remove them from game.
Playability: 3/3 Yes please!
Broken or Not: 0/2 Its broken for sure.
Art: 2/2 Looks good.

Total: 12.5/15

Sandboxkid:
Nice!
Playability: 3/3 Good for wind, and I like how you can keep recycling her.
Creativity: 3/3 I like it!
Broken or Not: 2/2 I think its balanced unless there is some loop hole Im not seeing.
Art: 1.25/2 I like it, but it just seems like its just her head there.

Total: 14.25/15

MJM:
Playability: 2/3 In a BR Fliping deck she may or may not seeing play because she basically shuts down every card from the next turn on...
Creativity: 3/3 going with the BR theme is nice.
Broken or Not: 2/2 I dont think she is.
Art: 2/2 It looks kind of weird but it may just be me.

Total: 14/15

Week 2:
satanspawngenma:
Grammar: 4/5
Well im not really sure how to fix this one, but you can use the Asuma & Kurenai platoon for a Reference.
Creativity: 2/3 Nice choice, but its to simmilar to the Asuma & Kurenai platoon.
Playability: 2/3 It wouldnt be platooned with Asuma but it might be with Zabuza.
Broken or Not: 2/2 All good
Art: 1/2 Little rough on rendering.

Total: 11/15

Venkelos:
Grammar: 4.5/5 The second effect should read:
"The effect texts of your opponent's in-play "Sasuke Uchiha" are negated."
Playability: 3/3 I love this card I play it wait it out for Sasuke Uchiha (State 2) and as soon as my opponent draws a card it shuts it down!!
Creativity: 3/3 I really enjoy it.
Broken or Not: 2/2 the perfect water counter.
Art: 1/2 I wish I could see naruto more..

UchihaKyoji23:
Grammar: 4.75/5 The last word of the first effect needs an "s"
Creativity: 3/3 Nice Choice for a squad.
Playability: 2/3 I just dont see people playing it right now.
Broken or Not: 1/2 It kind of assures your win if your opponent doesnt have an Genjutsu ninjas, GG earth?
Art: 2/2 I like the Crow wings behind Kurenai.

Total: 12.75/15

Aurelio:
Grammar: 4.5/5
The first effect should read:
At the end of your opponent's Organization Phase, your opponent must shuffle every card in their hand into their Deck. Then, your opponent draws the same number of cards minus 1.
Creativity: 3/3 Ok point proven....
Playability: 2/3 I dont think it would see to much play because it really doesnt fit to well in either deck types theme.
Broken or Not: 2/2 I dont think so....
Art: 2/2 Looks good though there is a Shippuden Choji there....

MJM:
Grammar: 4.25/5 Shouldnt Injured be lower case, also should it be Healthy Status Ninjas?
Creativity: 3/3 Nice
Playability: 3/3 I think It could be.
Broken or Not: 1/2 So basically if my opponent doesnt OV my team without Jutsu's none of My Ninjas get hurt?
Art: 1/2 They are both pretty used pics.

Total: 12.25/15

Lovely Ino:
Grammar: 5/5 Nice
Playability: 3/3 Yes please.
Creativity: 3/3 OMG tenten will see feild play again!!!
Broken or Not: 1/2 In a Female deck it wrecks so bad...
Art: 2/2 Wow I love it!

14/15

Mendokuse:
Grammar: 5/5 I think its right.
Playability: 2/3 Not sure your going to have a Might Guy and a Kisame in your hand.
Creativity: 3/3 Yep I like it.
Broken or Not: 2/2 For a 1 turn Bang its good.
Art: 1/2 Both overly used pics.

Total: 13/14

Sandboxkid: Grammar:
4.25/5 Team is caped and Battling is caped
Playability: 1/3 With no Block legal Ibiki's it wouldnt see play.
Creativity: 3/3 I like that your sticking with the BR theme.
Broken or Not: 2/2 I dont think so.
Art: 2/2 Looks good.

Total: 12.25/15

Last edited by naruto4ever on Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:19 am

naruto4ever wrote:
Grammar: 4.5/5 I think the first effect should read:
"Valid: This Ninja can become the user of Jutsu cards with "Requirements: "Weapon" Combat Attribute" in your Chakra area.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a nuisance, but you're suggestion is sort of leaving out a small, but important aspect of the effect. That is, a lot of good weapon jutsus - including Kansho & Byakuya - don't actually have "Requirements: Weapon Combat Attribute"; they simply have a clause in the effect stating "Additionally, if the user has a 'Weapon' Combat Attribute...". So, that's why I had to rearrange the wording a little, to include jutsus that merely had the phrase in their effect text. I'll admit, I didn't really know how to write this; I based it off of N-557 Tenten, but that's the only example I've seen of this phrasing. Do you have any suggestions on how I could correct Archer's effect text to keep the full effect?
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:44 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
naruto4ever wrote:
Grammar: 4.5/5 I think the first effect should read:
"Valid: This Ninja can become the user of Jutsu cards with "Requirements: "Weapon" Combat Attribute" in your Chakra area.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a nuisance, but you're suggestion is sort of leaving out a small, but important aspect of the effect. That is, a lot of good weapon jutsus - including Kansho & Byakuya - don't actually have "Requirements: Weapon Combat Attribute"; they simply have a clause in the effect stating "Additionally, if the user has a 'Weapon' Combat Attribute...". So, that's why I had to rearrange the wording a little, to include jutsus that merely had the phrase in their effect text. I'll admit, I didn't really know how to write this; I based it off of N-557 Tenten, but that's the only example I've seen of this phrasing. Do you have any suggestions on how I could correct Archer's effect text to keep the full effect?

See, I told you I learned stuff from judging I would have never realized that. I will fix your score thank you so much for pointing that out!
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:23 am

naruto4ever wrote:
Creativity: 2/3 Why is there a Shippuden Choji there?
why the crap not? on both pictures of them you can see their enormous strength which absolutely fits on this card + you asked for "0dd" squad/platoon. how would you explain this:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney Nus084 Mendo's Ongoing tourney N745
regarding playability, it could be great in water decks now days, when you play without cards, and force your opponent to play without them too. in earth decks it can be great just as "vanilla sasuke" is great in every deck.

i want my creativity point backMendo's Ongoing tourney SmileyFeelingscopy
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:12 pm

naruto4ever wrote:

Susano'o the Storm God:
Grammar: 4.5/5 The first effect should read:
When this Ninja is sent out to Attack, you can discard 2 of your "Water" Chakras. In that case, give 1 Damage to 1 Ninja with an Entrance cost less than that of this Ninja.
Playability: 2/3 At the moment it doesnt seem to great, that could change if you were to make the Reinforcement of him.
Broken or Not: 2/2 At the moment it doesnt seem so.
Art: 2/2 Looks good!

Just so you know, I here's what the reinforcements are supposed to do.

Ulquiorra Cifer (Ressurection)
Water
EC: 6 HC: 0

Effect:
When this Ninja is sent out to attack, you can discard 2 of your chakras
with a "Water" symbol. In that case, give 1 damage to one Ninja.
Valid:
During your Mission Phase, you move this Ninja to your chakra area. In
that case, you can put in play 1 "Ulquiorra Cifer (Segunda Etapa)" from
your reinforcement deck.

Healthy 7/4 Injured 5/3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulquiorra Cifer (Segunda Etapa)
Water
EC: 8 HC:0

Effect:
[TRUE DESPAIR] Valid: During the exchange of jutsu, you can discard 3
of your chakras. In that case, remove from game 1 Ninja battling against
the user.
Valid: During the Mission Phase, you can select up to 2 of
your opponent's Ninja's. In that case, the selected Ninja's effect
texts are negated until the end of the turn.

Healthy 9/5 Injured 5/3
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:36 am

Wow so as someone who's made way too many cards this is a tough one for me. Things like Utakata, Taking a Nap, and 4th&Kakashi screamed at me. And of course my Naruto through the years theme was an eye catcher. But in the end I think I got to give it up to my good old Samurai Theme. It was one of my most creative themes, where i really worked hard on extra eye popper effects for each card and I think they came out great.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney Moz-screenshotMendo's Ongoing tourney NarutoSamurai4Mendo's Ongoing tourney M122ShikamaruSamurai
Mendo's Ongoing tourney SamuraisPath1
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Okie dokie, my absolute favorite card I've made.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney InoChildhood

This card's based off of my favorite scene in the whole series and the reason I like Ino. In addition to this, it's my first ever picture I did the lineart and colors for. Looking at the platoon I just made last week, I'd like to think I've improved a bit since then... But even so, these two reasons combined make it a really special card for me.

And just because everyone else is posting more than one card, I'll give an honorable mention.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney InoYamanakaSai

I think that these two would be a cute couple, so I had to make a squad for them. The pictures aren't my own, but I had to put a lot of work into them to make it look right. Like, a lot...probably more than I spend on my own pictures now. But I think it looks good, so it's okay. Additionally, shortly after I made this card, I lost everything on my computer, so I no longer have the psd of this card... the only reason I can show it now is because I luckily had uploaded it to photobucket beforehand... so I see it as sort of a relic, which makes it special. Looking at the effect again now, it's pretty much garbage, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:58 am

Here are my favorite cards that I have done:

the First is my sasuke that I did for the first week of a two week Akatsuki theme...sadly Mendo banned Hebi from it in week two.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Sasuke2

This was going to be my week two entry..my Akatsuki Karin art work by yours truly.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney Karintemp3copy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next