Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:51 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Well here you go here's my card. TY N4E for throwing it together since my design comp is down right now.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 ShikaNarutocopy

Wow that's amazing. Great card Mendo. It's been a lot of fun being in this contest.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:05 am

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
Well here you go here's my card. TY N4E for throwing it together since my design comp is down right now.

Wow that's amazing. Great card Mendo. It's been a lot of fun being in this contest.
Well even though I won't be running it anymore I hope all the success in the world to this tourney. I may not post much but i still do visit this site daily. It was a great time running this tourney and many great memories and ppl. I'm glad I could leave a good impact on this card community rather than being known as an epic person due to spamming lol.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 am

mendokuse wrote:
Well even though I won't be running it anymore I hope all the success in the world to this tourney. I may not post much but i still do visit this site daily. It was a great time running this tourney and many great memories and ppl. I'm glad I could leave a good impact on this card community rather than being known as an epic person due to spamming lol.

You're still making cards right?

You should also enter the contest for shits and giggles for once.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 am

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Well since i quit playing naruto its hard for me to get a balance on this stuff. But I do still want to make the AnimeCG. We are still working on rules, we've even play tested some but sorta blanking on some ideas.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 2:39 pm

mendokuse wrote:
MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Well since i quit playing naruto its hard for me to get a balance on this stuff. But I do still want to make the AnimeCG. We are still working on rules, we've even play tested some but sorta blanking on some ideas.

Ah, you're quitting Naruto as well? A shame, I heard you were quite the player. However it's nice to hear you want to make the AnimeCG.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:25 pm

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Ah, you're quitting Naruto as well? A shame, I heard you were quite the player. However it's nice to hear you want to make the AnimeCG.
Hahaha, I quit naruto a while ago. My last tourney was at the shonen
jump and i actually went about 2 months without the game before the SJC
in WA. Which is why i did so bad. But I used to be a good player. Made it to Jonin status. Glad for that cause free PS3 is always nice. And I topped at Sannin once.
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:42 am

Has anyone else seen the new Ninja Card template Bandai has gone to as of the new set "fangs of the snake" that comes out next month?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 am

Sandboxkid wrote:
Has anyone else seen the new Ninja Card template Bandai has gone to as of the new set "fangs of the snake" that comes out next month?
I saw that a while ago. It's cool but I don't see how that will help bring the game back to its former life at all.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

Sandboxkid wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Attachment Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Attachment

They're interesting, I guess; I'm already trying to make a couple of them. Still, I'm not sure if it's just a gimmick, set for a couple cards of the set, or a new template for all Ninjas (not too likely). Not much room for effect text, either. Many of my multi-effect ninjas, or those with two lines of attributes, would not easily fit.

Has anyone seen a picture of Naruto Uzumaki [TRUE ALLIES] PR 054? I can't force the Internet to let me see it. I have the Kakashi and Naruto that goes with it, but don't know what this Reinforcement card actually does.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm not a big fan of it either..the name at the top just looks bad for one and like you were saying there is little room for text effects..which leads me to believe the game might get dumbed down a bit from that..plus my opinion they don't look that great..At first I thought they were squads that still had flaws in the designs. I know they are also doing a new foiling to the cards as well to give a "flare" to sig. jutsus on the cards.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Sandboxkid wrote:
I'm not a big fan of it either..the name at the top just looks bad for one and like you were saying there is little room for text effects..which leads me to believe the game might get dumbed down a bit from that..plus my opinion they don't look that great..At first I thought they were squads that still had flaws in the designs. I know they are also doing a new foiling to the cards as well to give a "flare" to sig. jutsus on the cards.

It was mentioned that the text boxes will grow to fit the text. So if an effect has 5 lines of text, it'll be larger.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm

MJM wrote:
Sandboxkid wrote:

It was mentioned that the text boxes will grow to fit the text. So if an effect has 5 lines of text, it'll be larger.
Yah that was pretty obvious by the way the built it.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:44 pm

I suppose I could both like and dislike that. Mostly, though, it just would add a small hurdle to card-making. As it is, I sometimes run out of space, but if I had to readjust the text box ever time, for each card, well I might have a nasty case of the lazies.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:01 am

i dont like the new cards at all if the cards stick like that i might up and quit getting new cards just stick to the old ones, the look almost cheese
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:30 am

satanspawngenma wrote:
i dont like the new cards at all if the cards stick like that i might up and quit getting new cards just stick to the old ones, the look almost cheese

Remember, these are only for the Target 6 Pack Promos..

OT: Why hasn't this been judged yet?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 am

MJM wrote:
OT: Why hasn't this been judged yet?

naruto4ever wrote:
Alright as mendo announced next week will be his last with this tourney and I do need some Judges. Please PM me if you would like to try out. Also I would like to thank those who were patient with the judging. Um Shikamaru Theme good luck to all im going to give a really hard core full length judging next week, and for those who PM me before Monday you will also get a chance to judge. Um on to another topic. Starting next week when I take over I am going to be giving away Naruto card making stuff through this tournamant I will give you more information further in the week. Well thanks again mendo.

Probably this. It's an important week, right?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:58 pm

N4E PM'd me and said I should judge this weeks.

naruto4ever wrote:
Yes!! Please judge my internet is down and Im at a friends house right now to get on the internet to finish up some Pojo stuff. So if you could please judge I will try and get a new theme posted.

That was the PM he sent.

I won't be able to judge my own card so I'll sit myself out this round I suppose.

I'll post up the judgments in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Can we get the next theme?
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:54 am

Here I go!

aurelio wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 037shikamaru

Picture: 4.5/5 Good picture but it's an overused one.
Grammar: 4/5 The wording is a bit off and it's "Successfully" not "Succesfuly".
Effect: 4/5 Seems solid, a pseudo-Itachi [Goal]. Your missing "Proctor" as a Characteristic btw.
Creativity: 4.5/5 Nothing too spectacular that blows me away but still nice.

Total: 17/20

satanspawngenma wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Shikamarunara

Picture: 3/5 I love the art but it's very blurry and isn't rendered well.
Grammar: 3/5 It's "blocked by a Ninja" not "blocked by Ninja. It should "While you have" not "When you have". It's "an Asuma" not "a Asuma". Asuma Sarutobi should be in quotations. Some capitalization errors too.
Effect: 4/5 I like the effect. Kind of like a [PRESENCE] Ninja. However I'm glad you made him Turn 3 because of the effect. The stat pump is nice too.
Creativity: 4/5 Both effects are kind of overdone. Whether its the pump or the "can't block me".

Total: 14/20

venkelos wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 ShippudenShikamaruJoninforContestIm

Picture: 4.5/5 Solid picture. However the shadow seems a bit too dark .
Grammar: 4/5 It should be something like, "Select 1 of your other Battling Teams. That Team gets +4 Team Power". Also, "Until" not "Till".
Effect: 4/5 Hmmm, I actually like this effect. It's not too bad but not too broken.
Creativity: 5/5 I love the fact that you went above and beyond with an older Shikamaru.

Total: 17.5/20

MJM wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 N-1412

My entry that I cannot judge. ;_;

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Shikam11

Picture: 3/5 Both pictures are overused and the render around Shikamaru is a bit messy.
Grammar: 4/5 It's not "put on" it's "be in".
Effect: 4/5 Seems kind of strong but the second effect evens it out. However, there are a lot of Ninja with 2 or more Mental Power so it's not a problem. But for it's rarity... That's nuts.
Creativity: 4/5 Using a Squad instead of a single Ninja, you get props for that.

Total: 15/20

Sandboxkid wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Shikamarucopy

Picture: 3.5/5 The picture is overused but hey, you tried to flip it around. Props.
Grammar: 2/5 "Attack" should be capital. The equivalence of X should be last. "Turn Marker" is capital. Should be "Value of your Turn Marker." "Team" should be capital.
Effect: 4/5 The effect is solid for it's rarity. The fact that he can help be an offensive support Ninja or a defensive support Ninja is nice.
Creativity: 4/5 Nice card. The effects are unique.

Total: 13.5/5

Lovely Ino wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 ShikamaruNaraAS

Picture: 4.5/5 The art is amazing. However, I'd like it more if we got to see what he was sitting on. Lol, that's just me being weird.
Grammar: 5/5 Nothing that I can see is wrong.
Effect: 5/5 The effect really
Creativity: 5/5 Little Shikamaru is unique compared to everyone elses older Shikamaru. Also, his effect has never been done before.

Total: 19.5/20

mendokuse wrote:

Picture: 4/5 The pic is nice.
Grammar: 4/5 It should be "to your Battle Reward area, face down."
Effect: 4.5/5 I like the effect but it seems kind of nuts.
Creativity: 5/5 Nice. Squad with Naruto and Shikamaru is pretty good.

Total: 17.5/20
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 5:52 am

my shikamaru was the best.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 am

New theme all, sorry about this week/last week I will be the only judge this week but Venkelos and MJM are new judges. MJM I would like to thank you for your Judging and in return here is your card:

MJM wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 N-1412

Picture: 5/5 Excellent I dont think I have ever seen it used.
Grammar: 5/5 Looks all good to me :p
Effect: 3/5 Alright the tracking is a new concept but in a Ninja dog deck or Hyuga deck where the Ninjas have tracking this could be to good. Play Temari WS turn 1 see your opponents hand then you know who to call out for tracking and whats worse is I can change it every turn.
Creativity: 5/5 Tracking...

Total 18/20
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:43 am

this is my entry for the dog deck help card tourney for this week.
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Giantmultiheadeddog
my idea behind this card was pein's multi dog summoning had a tremendous amount of power and was able to back up the other summonings that the animal path had thus the +1/+1 then of course in the spirit of it being a dog i only gave the bonous to fang combat attribute, because it gets all dogs, and also various other animals.
as for the second effect the dog had an uncanny ability to split when attacked so i wanted to incorporate that in some way, but it seemed to ridiculous, to allow a player to just put out extra of that dog through ninja blade coins so instead i just allow the player to search their deck and pull out a ninja dog. the effect is powerful, but i dont think broken because it must receive damage for it to work, and it can only be damaged once of twice(depending on if you have healing cards and abilities)
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:46 am

Well, it took me a little bit of time to think, but then I remembered some of the new, upcoming stuff, and decided to make this.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 ShippudenJutsuSearchRetrieveImage

With all of the flip "face up a battle reward" effects coming, I decided to make a jutsu that lets you flip one up, and then, if you like it, you can reclaim it. If you like another face-up one better, you can claim it. Of course, you have to give something back, so that is where the end of the effect comes in. Granted, with some of the searching stuff, you might know exactly what card you are giving them, but you might not. Overall, I kind of like it, and hope that a real jutsu card similar gets made.

It isn't the prettiest card, but my jutsu template isn't quite as polished as my ninja one.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Please board sweep. Some users have 180+ points. Others have 40+ points. Everyone here is very good at card making so why not just sweep the board and make it a little more fair for everyone. Then there are people who started late so they have low points when they shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:39 pm

I think I'll concur. While it has been fun to ride high on the list, I agree with MJM; some of the folks are new, while MJM and I have been on here, at least off and on, since the beginning. Others, in the middle, haven't even been here since slightly after the Crucifixion, or something. So, to give everyone an even shot, go ahead and wipe the board (maybe keep the prizes, I don't know).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next