Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Alright I got a little creative with this theme.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 N-132

Now before you go, "What!? The theme said Tailed Beast! Not Kisame!"

Well in my defense, I wanted to be a bit creative so I picked the Tailed Beast without a Tail, Kisame Hoshigaki. My attempts at finding a good picture of Sora (Tailed Beast Mode) failed, so I decided to work with my man, Kisame. However, if Mendo says I can't do this then by all means I can change my card.

Now for the breakdown.

The Kisame at first glance seems broken. 3 free Chakra? Then on top of that he gets an auto +3/+0 in addition to the pump he gets from cards ALREADY in your Chakra area? That's the nutz.

Well isn't that what Kisame and other Tailed Beasts are supposed to do? Overflow with chakra and get stronger for it. Now obviously I didn't want to make it removal-ish because that's not going to help with slowing down the game. Therefore I made it so that he pumped.

I watered him down (no pun intended) a bit because at first he got +X/+X.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 6:17 pm

MJM wrote:

Well in my defense, I wanted to be a bit creative so I picked the Tailed Beast without a Tail, Kisame Hoshigaki. My attempts at finding a good picture of Sora (Tailed Beast Mode) failed, so I decided to work with my man, Kisame. However, if Mendo says I can't do this then by all means I can change my card.

Now for the breakdown.

The Kisame at first glance seems broken. 3 free Chakra? Then on top of that he gets an auto +3/+0 in addition to the pump he gets from cards ALREADY in your Chakra area? That's the nutz.

Well isn't that what Kisame and other Tailed Beasts are supposed to do? Overflow with chakra and get stronger for it. Now obviously I didn't want to make it removal-ish because that's not going to help with slowing down the game. Therefore I made it so that he pumped.

Sorry but he's not actually a tailed beast. And sora tailed beast mode wouldn't have worked either. The goal of this week is to actually post a tailed beast card. Kisame may be called the tail-less beast but hes not actually one. Nice card though.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 8:03 pm

mendokuse wrote:
MJM wrote:

Now for the breakdown.

Sorry but he's not actually a tailed beast. And sora tailed beast mode wouldn't have worked either. The goal of this week is to actually post a tailed beast card. Kisame may be called the tail-less beast but hes not actually one. Nice card though.

Completely understandable, I'm happy you told me this now so thank you.

And thanks, I'll have a new card up soon.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 1:59 am

Alright this is my entry... for realz....

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 N-133

Now for the breakdown.

An 8/4 7/2 on Turn 7 that needs another card to be put in play is pretty fair.

Octopus-Ox Spirit because it makes sense? It's better than Oxtopus Spirit or Octopox Spirit.

At first his first effect send "Give 1 Damage" instead of "Change to Injured Status". I thought I'd make it a little less dangerous.

His second effect went through various different versions but I got it down to something I liked. The -2/-2 could be pretty deadly. Currently it makes the strongest non-Platoon Akatsuki Ninja 4/2 1/1 (Itachi [GiG]) and the weakest (Tobi) a 1/1 0/1.

The -2 Mental Power was for fun. And the -2 Entrance Cost for fun as well.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:15 am

Um... sorry but my entry might be a little late. I hope I can finish it, but I'm going to a festival tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:23 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
Um... sorry but my entry might be a little late. I hope I can finish it, but I'm going to a festival tomorrow...

As long as they don't judge yet you're good.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 2:25 am

Lovely Ino wrote:

You have time I usually judge late Monday or Tuesday so you have time.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 am

This is my attempt at the 4 Tails
[img]Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 4_tail10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sandboxkid
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Here is my entry...enjoy

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 Shukakucopy
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 am

Okay... here's my entry. I managed to finish it on time after all... almost. Either way, I would like to express my gratitude to the judges for their tolerance of my tardiness.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 FiveTails

A little bit on the card:
Firstly, lineart and colors were done by yours truly. I had a bit of trouble coming up with an effect because we know zero about this guy. So instead of coming up with a clever effect, I thought it might be better if he had an effect that supported an archetype, like mill.

His first effect is supposed to represent how uncontrollable the tailed beasts are, and that he causes destruction to both villages. In terms of gameplay, he can mill a huge amount, which could be dangerous to yourself. Hopefully, you're running a mill deck and - by the grace of your other cards - your opponent will deck out long before you do. Still a risky bet, though. However, it produces good synergy with his second effect, since you'll have plenty of card in your discard pile. This one is supposed to represent the tailed beast's practically unlimited chakra.

I also feel I should give some credit to MJM for this card. I suppose I unintentionally copied his Five Tails card. While far from a direct duplicate, the effect of his card must have been lingering in the back of my mind when I thought of mine, resulting in some amusing similarities. I didn't notice this until I finished my card unfortunately, but feel free to take off creativity points.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm

I am having some program problems, but I hope to have my card up by later tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest, just in case you were thinking of judging soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
sun
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:39 pm

someone to make seventh tails demon of Fu
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 pm

I don't care! I don't care! I don't care! I don't care!!! This damn program of mine has torqued me off 50+ times TODAY! I'm sorry it's a bit blurry, but this is the best cheese I am going to get today.I know it's also cheese, but, as usual, I have some excuses to explain it.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 25638_386590191743_510076743_4513506_675450_n

In the manga, Naruto is going to learn how to release the nine-tails fully, but without letting its will take him (sort of like Gaara or Bee with their TBs). This reinforcement reflects that, with Sage Naruto channeling the power of the nine-tailed fox like a Summon, but without losing it.

First, he's powerful, but I saw little choice; Kyubi is 9/9 9/9, so it shouldn't be weaker when with a powerful ninja like Sage Naruto. Next, it has the attributes it needs to do my Hermit Mode. It's cheesy effects are: most TBM Narutos are unaffected, so this one, being significantly more BA, does too. The second reflects the Fox's chakra. It means you don't have to lose so many cards to chakra, but you are still very vulnerable to chakra depletion by your enemy. He gets Satoosa during the Exchange because he is that powerful, but I did it because I hate that a Mission would protect all of the powerful Water Ninjas I'd want to kill with this, and I doubt there are a bunch of powerful Lightning jutsus requiring the rank, so it shouldn't hurt things. The last effect, the payoff, in my opinion, is very powerful. In my opinion, Sasuke, Itachi, and Kakashi are among a list of awesome staples, so finding one should not be hard. It's this card's effect, so it has to happen. Also, someday Danzo and Tobi will have Sharingan, adding them to that list of possibles. Otherwise, this is a late arrival, via a Mission (Releasing the Seal), that requires you to have both Naruto and the Gerotora, the Scroll Toad, in play, and remove them from play, plus it still has a hand cost.

In the end, I don't expect much of this, but I just got so fed up with my computer that I have decided this will do. Thanks for waiting. Sorry to vent, but stuff's been hectic (no sleep, lousy work, and PhotoDraw acting like a loser).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
sun
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:53 pm

how to put the card from my computer in site
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 pm

sun wrote:
how to put the card from my computer in site
photobucket.com
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Alright every one sorry this is late but I have to start getting really tough on my Judging so it took some time to do this.

Aurelio-15/20 Its flat out broken. I can essentially get this card out turn 4 because all I really need is an Injured turn 3 naruto. Also, I can have both naruto and this card out in play at the same time if I don’t use his first effect to get him in play. Everything else is pretty standard for a Nine Tails but its still broken.

MJM-18/20 Hachibi love the pic! As to the card. The stats seem alright but I would have preferred to see it a turn 8. The cards effect is fine because it virtually does nothing unless im playing an Akatsuki and really most deck only run 1-2 different Akatsuki Ninja’s so its not game breaking. Lmao at the flavor text. Overall solid card. I just don’t think the effect was that great. Also id like to see how I would get this in play

UchihaKyoji23-16/20 The Roshi Bijuu awesome. Stats seem alright. The effect I want to say its broken but they do have the Zabuza that does basically the same thing and its only a rare so I think this card will get by. I cant tell that it’s a Ninja (I know it is but you should bring up the Ninja symbol.) Also no Earth aww man! Add Name:Roshi to the characteristics so I cant have both in play.

Sandboxkid-17/20 Cool effect. For the four Chakra all you needed to put was 4 Chakra. Cool stats. Glad you added Name: Gaara to the characteristics. Overall I like it but it might be broken because by turn 8 it should be very easy to get 4 Chakra so getting all of my opponent’s Ninjas injured or killed might be like a GG thing.

Lovely Ino-18.5/20 I love the effect and you did an amazing job on the art but you always do. You added Name: Han so thats good. Cool stats. Sweet CA steam FTW! Also aww on no Earth Symbol. Nice card tho and keep up the good work. I only took off .5 for the MJM thing because you didnt pull a Chibi Clone

Venkelos- 17/20 I like it but I also would like to know how to get this in play. The effect its well average I would have liked to see something more creative. The Uchiha thing is good but it could also be easy to get around. Overall not bad. Hope you fix your program.

Alright if I missed anyone I am sorry please point it out ASAP! And I will judge for you.

EDIT: I am very sad no one made a 7 tails >.<
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 am

naruto4ever wrote:

I was going to, honest. I even started the lineart, but when I saw how complicated it's design was, and imagined shading it, I decided it wasn't worth it. So instead I went with the simplest looking one, haha.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
naruto4ever wrote:

I was going to, honest. I even started the lineart, but when I saw how complicated it's design was, and imagined shading it, I decided it wasn't worth it. So instead I went with the simplest looking one, haha.

I know what you mean on several occasions I have been like this looks so awesome I have to do it then I opened the file to line art it and was like F this exited out and started something else.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 am

For future reference, how would the judges prefer entrants submit reinforcement cards?

Should we make two cards (one that gets the reinforcement in play) or is it simply enough to describe how the reinforcement card might come into play, as Venkelos did this week?

Do we lose points if we offer no explanation of how a reinforcement card enters play?
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:05 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
For future reference, how would the judges prefer entrants submit reinforcement cards?

Should we make two cards (one that gets the reinforcement in play) or is it simply enough to describe how the reinforcement card might come into play, as Venkelos did this week?

Do we lose points if we offer no explanation of how a reinforcement card enters play?

Personally you do not need to make the card to go along with it (if you do I don't know maybe some bonus points because it's a lot of work) I would however like a brief description it just helps me figure out if it would be broken or to easy to get out. Thanks for the question.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:06 am

Just for fun here you go.
[img]Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 7_tail10[/img]
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 am

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:
Just for fun here you go.
[img]Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 7_tail10[/img]

Hellz Yea! But why is it on a Lightning Template?
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 am

I don't have a wind ninja template so I edited a water one.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:27 am

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:
I don't have a wind ninja template so I edited a water one.

PM me and Ill see what I can do to help you fix that problem
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:04 am

naruto4ever wrote:
Aurelio-15/20 Its flat out broken. I can essentially get this card out turn 4 because all I really need is an Injured turn 3 naruto. Also, I can have both naruto and this card out in play at the same time if I don’t use his first effect to get him in play. Everything else is pretty standard for a Nine Tails but its still broken.

hmm... i expected lowest...
but which one of all entries is not broken?
should i made a card with a character that already doesn't exist in ccg, to make you sure it isn't broken (yet)?
there are many cards which are made for nine-tails theme, but i really don't know which card you should use to put in play naruto, and fox at the same time. i am not tournament player, just fan player.

my idea was to show naruto's will to let nine-tails to overcome, when he gets mad, and once it appears, there is no turning back. just fluffy effect, nothing more.
card itself is not resistant to jutsu cards. it can still be removed from play by a bunch of cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next