Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+27
satanspawngenma
sun
Sgt.Peppers
Ninja Pebble
UchihaKyoji23
Sandboxkid
Blurry
Lovely Ino
aurelio
Noitanigami
SAI
Junky4Fame
Netwing
theothewerewolf
cool_guy
Shino'sDad
MJM
Datenshi Uchiha
Sasuke-lives
venkelos
chidoricurrent2
VSA
Anaki Uchiha
naruto4ever
Chibi Clone
Shadow Shikamaru
mendokuse
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow Shikamaru
Jonin
Jonin
Shadow Shikamaru

Male Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 12:53 pm

cool_guy wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Sakuraharunofakedeath

Quality: 2.5/5. The flavor text is a little bit hard to read, the pic is blurry, and the text looks kind of pixelated in the effect. Also, no drop shadow.
Text: 3/5. The flavor text is hard to read and the text is the wrong font. Also, it looks a little pixelated.
Effect: 5/5. Nice, original effect.
Overall: 3.5/5. The picture isn't the most original, but the effect is.

Total: 14/20. Not bad. Fix up the text and try Anaki's flavor text trick and you'll have a shot at winning!

chidoricurrent2 wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 026b

Quality: 4/5. The font is not formatted correctly, the outline is a bit messy, and the Name isn't colored correctly for a rare name.
Text: 4/5. Effect name not bold enough, and the flavor text says "Lighting"... Also, the characteristics are not formatted correctly.
Effect: 4/5. It should be During the Exchange of Jutsu you can Discard 2 cards from your Chakra area. In that case, none of your opponent's Ninjas Battling against this Ninja can use any Jutsu cards. Also, the effect seems to be a less-powerful version of the new tin Kakashi.
Overall: 4.5/5. The picture is original, but the effect is a slight ripoff of kakashi tin.

Total: 16.5/20.

naruto4ever wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Chiyocopy

Quality: 4.5/5. There are areas in the outline that are a little scratchy. Such as by the front chakra strings.
Text: 4.75/5. The second "in-play" should be "in play".
Effect: 5/5.
Overall: 4.75/5. Very nice.

Total: 19/20. ...

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Nejicard

Quality: 3.5/5. The outline is a little sloppy, the text isn't the correct font, and there is no drop shadow.
Text: 3/5. The characteristics are cut out sloppily and the text is the wrong font.
Effect: 4/5. "When this Ninja is sent out to Battle, you can Discard 3 of your Chakras with an "Earth" Symbol. In that case, every Ninja Battling against this Ninja's Team cannot be the user of Jutsu cards."
Overall: 3.5/5.

Total: 14/20.

venkelos wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 4455_90039486743_510076743_2353912_4423401_n

Quality: 4/5. The drop shadow for the pic is wrong, as is the font.
Text: 3.5/5. Font is wrong. (-.5 for each part of text)
Overall: 4.5/5.

Total: 16/20.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutochroniclesrpg.forummotion.com
cool_guy
Genin
Genin
cool_guy

Male Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:57 pm

Just wanted to point out that venkelos has some things wrong with the wording of the effect.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:17 pm

SRY, guys I will judge but it's gonna be way late at night. So make sure to check back tomorrow for the new theme.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 7:30 pm

mendokuse wrote:
SRY, guys I will judge but it's gonna be way late at night. So make sure to check back tomorrow for the new theme.
Id judge for you but i posted a card >.<. Also until SS gets PS back ill be a participant if thats ok with you?
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon May 25, 2009 8:59 pm

cool_guy wrote:
Just wanted to point out that venkelos has some things wrong with the wording of the effect.

I see not an error in my wordage. The second effect is one word shy of official, and that one word is a name. The other is a bit wordy, but it is specific. She has to be the Head Ninja, with Chiyo a Support Ninja. During that time, she is unaffected by jutsus and ninjas. Not quite the OC effect Wink
Seems fine to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
cool_guy
Genin
Genin
cool_guy

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:43 am

venkelos wrote:
cool_guy wrote:

I see not an error in my wordage. The second effect is one word shy of official, and that one word is a name. The other is a bit wordy, but it is specific. She has to be the Head Ninja, with Chiyo a Support Ninja. During that time, she is unaffected by jutsus and ninjas. Not quite the OC effect Wink
Seems fine to me.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say "Chiyo" Ninja Card(ex. look at Sasori PM)

The first effect is kinda tricky, but it's probably right
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:08 am

cool_guy wrote:
venkelos wrote:
cool_guy wrote:

Seems fine to me.

I got it off of 3rd KK, and he doesn't say "Sasori" Ninja card, I don't think. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
cool_guy
Genin
Genin
cool_guy

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 3:45 am

venkelos wrote:
cool_guy wrote:
venkelos wrote:
cool_guy wrote:

Seems fine to me.

I got it off of 3rd KK, and he doesn't say "Sasori" Ninja card, I don't think. Oh well.

well, it is bandai... you never know what's right xD
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:29 am

cool_guy wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Sakuraharunofakedeath

Quality: 3/5.
Template error on the left, pixelated all over, rough picture. No drop shadow.

Text: 3.5/5.
Flavor text is very hard to read. Lacks drop shadow.
Wrong font.

Good

Creativity: 3.5/5.
Same as what SS said.

Total: 15/20.

chidoricurrent2 wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 026b

Quality: 4/5.
Pic seems dull. Outline is rough. Text box has error above it. EC and HC seem to have a fex random pixels around them that shouldn't be there. Rough Stats shuriken also.

Text: 4/5. Spacing is off. Rainbow was a cool idea but shouldn't be done, it just doesn't look right. Characteristic text is too small.

Effect: 4/5. Not bad but what SS's fixes are correct. just add on for the turn to the end of it , or until the end of this turn, you get the idea.

Creativity: 4.5/5. Pics unique, effects cool to but sorta a twist on existing.

Total: 16.5/20.

naruto4ever wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Chiyocopy

Quality: 4.5/5. Upper front chakra string is a little messed up plus it looks like the back ones should go until the end, seems randomly cut off.

Text: 4.5/5. The second "in-play" should be "in play". "won't" not "wont"

Effect: 4.5/5. Effect only had 1 flaw. Puppets usually aren't snet out in the same team but dragged in later which means her effect wouldnt be able to be used very often. Only case is like with an injured salamander, that might actually be put in the team.

Creativity: 4.75/5. Good.

Total: 18.25/20

Anaki Uchiha wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Nejicard

Quality: 2/5. Sloppy outline, Messup on the text box overlay easily seen on bottom left. EC and HC rough cut. Neji fades on the bottom, No drop shadow, and Earth Symbol is badly cut out. Bad tamplat also.

Text: 3.5/5. What SS said.

Effect: 3.5/5. Well you have grammar issues that SS pointed out. But my issue is the biggest flaw with the effect it should wait till opposed. Without that your probably ditching chakra for nothing. That's actually why i hate the new tenten card that everyone else likes.

Creativity: 4.5/5 Pics awesome. Effect needs work but still good.

Total: 13.5/20.

venkelos wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 4455_90039486743_510076743_2353912_4423401_n

Quality: 4/5. The drop shadow for the pic is wrong and fuzziness is bad. Pic color is dull.

Text: 4/5. Wrong font.

Effect: 4/5.
Requiring chiyo makes this card have issues. Either give it a pump up or cut that part cause requiring chiyo and needing chiyo in the team as a support while sakura is head is so freakin specific that it wrecks this card. Also you should have kept growth.

Creativity: 4/5 Pics cool but effect is sp with requirement issues lol.

Total: 16/20.

Totals wrote:

Cool Guy: 29
Chidori Current: 33
N4E: 37.25
Anaki: 27.5
Venk: 32

Last edited by mendokuse on Tue May 26, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:29 am

New theme's up and I gave everyone +2 cause I'm lame and couldnt make up my mind on fav lol. The whole teams just so funny.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 11:15 am

mendokuse wrote:
New theme's up and I gave everyone +2 cause I'm lame and couldnt make up my mind on fav lol. The whole teams just so funny.
Hahaha sweet free +2 but what do you think about me participating until SS gets his game back.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:41 pm

naruto4ever wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
Hahaha sweet free +2 but what do you think about me participating until SS gets his game back.
Sure.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:50 pm

mendokuse wrote:
naruto4ever wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
Sure.
Thanks. Man i have another day off today and its so boring.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Shikamaru
Jonin
Jonin
Shadow Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:01 pm

i can compete this weekif you want me to.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:25 pm

Shadow Shikamaru wrote:
No i got it this week i have a nice pic of SAI i want to break out. So judge!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Shikamaru
Jonin
Jonin
Shadow Shikamaru

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 12:24 am

naruto4ever wrote:
Shadow Shikamaru wrote:
No i got it this week i have a nice pic of SAI i want to break out. So judge!

okay.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 2:06 am

Haazah, first entry, and so early in the week, too. Here he is, Sai.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 4455_91594191743_510076743_2382240_1108574_n

It's a redo of one of my older works, some folks might recognize. I cleaned him up a bit, but it's still not amazing. He seems a little overpowered, but his effect is paid off by the hand cost, in my opinion, and he seems otherwise good. Possibly should be a 4 EC, but oh well. The effect might read a little hard, but it's not something they have done, before, and I had to borrow, partially, from wordage of an Akamaru.

I expect to see the character image again, soon, but I like it, so I'll use it, anyway.

UPDATE: Okay, so I did decide to up the EC to 4; it just seemed appropriate. I also reworded his effect, some, so it hopefully reads better. The text is small, sorry, but there's a lot to have typed. Finally got the font for the effect; thanks Chibi Clone for the font assistance.

Last edited by venkelos on Fri May 29, 2009 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Datenshi Uchiha
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
Datenshi Uchiha

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Sai
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 1:44 am

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Saicopy-3
Well heres my entry!
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Datenshi Uchiha wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Sai
Quality: 3/5
Pics obviously fanart drawn roughly.
Outline is messy.
Template is blurry.
CA's should be all white.
No drop shadow.

Text: 4/5
Spacing is off, and some text seems too small. You missed a space in your second effect. And Ninja should always be capitalized.

Effect: 5/5
Ok, anbu deck card, not that anyone i know runs anbu decks lol.

Creativity: 3/5
Effects nothing special. Pics ok.

Total: 15/20

venkelos wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 4455_91594191743_510076743_2382240_1108574_n

Quality: 4/5
Template is very blurry. Pic is pixelated and blurry. Leaf symbol seems roughly cut.

Text: 4.75/5
"put in play" not "put into play"

Effect: 5/5
I like it.

Seen the pic alot but effects cool.

Total: 16.25/20

naruto4ever wrote:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Saicopy-3

Quality: 5/5
Good.

Text: 4.5/5
"I'm" not "im"

Effect: 4/5
dull plus stats arent that good either.

love the pic hate the effect.

Total: 16.5/20

Totals wrote:

N4E: 16.5/20 Better effects are better.
Venk: 16.25/20 Little things here and there.
Datenshi: 15/20 Pic was yur issue

AS promised all of you will get +1 to your point total on the second post when I update later. Also make sure to come back next week or i guess now this week since its gonna be a special that you dont want to miss.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 7:10 am

Seems my judge is missing so we will be going by my scores. Therefore N4E wins this week, barely.

Well this weeks theme is up, its making a card for the Aoas Set. Make sure to get your entry in time. Details are in post 2 but here's the pic your using.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 1fghsdfh
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Aos

Last edited by MJM on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 pm

MJM wrote:
Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Aos

element symbol?
Back to top Go down
cool_guy
Genin
Genin
cool_guy

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 1:44 am

my meh card Embarassed

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Trackingb

Last edited by cool_guy on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 8:13 pm

mendokuse wrote:
element symbol?

I don't know what you're talking about... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next