Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Custom Anime Legends CCG

Go down 
+6
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
chidoricurrent2
naruto4ever
Sand Demon Gaara
mendokuse
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Custom Anime Legends CCG Empty
PostSubject: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 am

So now that this site is back I figured this would be the perfect place to announce that over the past few months I've been making an Anime based CCG along with the help of N4E. Unlike the other ones posted on this site, it has it's own set of rules and has nothing to do with the naruto ccg. I have already typed up a full rule book on how to play and made base cards for all 6 card types. Just thought I'd announce this and to peak interest here's a preview.
Custom Anime Legends CCG Character
Please keep in mind this is just a demo pic. Small changes may be made to the final layout.
Back to top Go down
Sand Demon Gaara
Kage
Kage
Sand Demon Gaara

Male Number of posts : 225
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:09 pm

That's pretty cool. Good luck. Even having most of the rules set beforehand, it is very hard to try to keep the cards flowing with one another. So that there are some combos but not completely broken ones.

I couldn't imagine trying to do what you're doing. Making up a brand new game takes lots of people. If you can pull it off you definitely have my props.
Back to top Go down
https://customcardsyume.4umer.com
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:48 pm

Sand Demon Gaara wrote:
That's pretty cool. Good luck. Even having most of the rules set beforehand, it is very hard to try to keep the cards flowing with one another. So that there are some combos but not completely broken ones.

I couldn't imagine trying to do what you're doing. Making up a brand new game takes lots of people. If you can pull it off you definitely have my props.
The fact that I actually already got a rule book set up amazes me. So yah, and it's not like some straight rip from some other game lol.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 am

I do have to say when he showed me the rule book I almost craped my self on how epic it was. Also mendo is an awesome guy to work with so I look forward to making this game now that we aren't making a naruto set.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 am

naruto4ever wrote:
I do have to say when he showed me the rule book I almost craped my self on how epic it was. Also mendo is an awesome guy to work with so I look forward to making this game now that we aren't making a naruto set.
I already finished most of the Ult Templates, I got today(saturday) off so I'll be on later today after i sleep and give my GF a ride to work. So please be on AIM around mid-late day if you can so we can talk about the next step and so i can send you the stuff.
Back to top Go down
chidoricurrent2
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
chidoricurrent2

Male Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 pm

mendokuse wrote:
naruto4ever wrote:
I already finished most of the Ult Templates, I got today(saturday) off so I'll be on later today after i sleep and give my GF a ride to work. So please be on AIM around mid-late day if you can so we can talk about the next step and so i can send you the stuff.

bad *** dude. i want those temps lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Nice work Mendo. Now is it going to have more then 1 anime involving the game... Example: Characters from Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Yu Yu hakusho, just to name a few good candidates.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:52 am

Ninja Pedro wrote:
Nice work Mendo. Now is it going to have more then 1 anime involving the game... Example: Characters from Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Yu Yu hakusho, just to name a few good candidates.
I already have Symbols made for Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, and Death Note. The way this game will work is the core set will probably have these animes that i listed to get the game going with a variety. And then from there if some how this game caught on cause currently idk how anyone's gonna play it even if we do make it. But if it catches on, we would make subsets each one based on its own anime. Most likely starting with popular requested ones or ones that the makers really want to add.

Custom Anime Legends CCG SymbolPreview

Side note: Sry N4E my car broke down I didnt mean to leave you hanging online. I'll be on today(sunday) once I wake up before work. I'll try to finish the temps and send them to you today. Then we can discuss what we do from there. And sorry CC but these temps are on lock down and aren't gonna be given to anyone else. But who knows what the future holds. If this game some hoe catches on I'll gladly hold card making tourneys for cards to be made into the future sets and such.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:47 am

I'm looking foward to hearing more about this game and I'm excited at the prospect. I had a quick question though; is the background on that Sasuke card going to be the background used on all character cards? I only ask because I personally feel it's a little dull; I think vibrant colors would make the card more attractive.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
I'm looking foward to hearing more about this game and I'm excited at the prospect. I had a quick question though; is the background on that Sasuke card going to be the background used on all character cards? I only ask because I personally feel it's a little dull; I think vibrant colors would make the card more attractive.
Yes it will be the set 1 Background. We we're going for a Manga style look for the Card Template so I'm actually amazed it got as much color as it did. In future sets that are based on 1 anime the BG maybe open for change.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 am

And I might as well follow ritual and post another preview after
receiving a nice comment. No this doesn't mean you get a new preview
for every comment.

First off our the layout of our Character cards have had minor tweaks during the making of the UltraTemps. So yah here's a preview of a card made form the ult template. Note that the Name isn't as fancy. The look of the Name shows the Rarity. Dull being Common, A white Inside with black Outside is Rare, and a gold Inside with black Outside is SR. Yes so far this game only has 3 rarities. And these are just rough names to compare them to the naruto game.
Custom Anime Legends CCG C025SakuraHaruno1

Funny side note that Sasuke card that I first showed isn't even gonna be a real card in the game. Well yet at least, maybe in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Yes it will be the set 1 Background. We we're going for a Manga style look for the Card Template so I'm actually amazed it got as much color as it did. In future sets that are based on 1 anime the BG maybe open for change.

Hm, that's a little disappointing. A lot of animes use some really pretty colors in their backgrounds. I hope you re-evaluate your decision some time in the future, and maybe in later sets include a little color.

Sakura looks a lot better than the Sasuke card though.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Hm, that's a little disappointing. A lot of animes use some really pretty colors in their backgrounds. I hope you re-evaluate your decision some time in the future, and maybe in later sets include a little color.

Sakura looks a lot better than the Sasuke card though.
Like I said manga style not anime style. But future sets will most likely have different backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Blurry
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:10 pm

I LOVE these cards! There really cool, great job.Custom Anime Legends CCG Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:07 am

mendokuse wrote:
Like I said manga style not anime style. But future sets will most likely have different backgrounds.

Hm, just wondering, if you're going for a manga look, why didn't you use "Anime Ace" for the effect font? I'm guessing that you left it as a plain white box so it would look something like a dialogue box, so this choice of font seems like a no-brainer. Just didn't care for it?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Hm, just wondering, if you're going for a manga look, why didn't you use "Anime Ace" for the effect font? I'm guessing that you left it as a plain white box so it would look something like a dialogue box, so this choice of font seems like a no-brainer. Just didn't care for it?
Anime Ace isn't a basic common font. I don't even have it on my comp. We we're shooting for fonts that we could both use easily. And I personally think the thing looks kickass. I don't expect everyone to share my tastes on things. But its a case of we're making this game for our own fun and anyone else who wants in on it, so it's not like we're like a company trying to satisfy everyone.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 am

Love the new CCG. I have one as well, the One Piece one. Good luck on the CCG!
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:10 am

mendokuse wrote:
Anime Ace isn't a basic common font. I don't even have it on my comp. We we're shooting for fonts that we could both use easily. And I personally think the thing looks kickass. I don't expect everyone to share my tastes on things. But its a case of we're making this game for our own fun and anyone else who wants in on it, so it's not like we're like a company trying to satisfy everyone.

Okay, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing. You're right, you should just make it so that you're happy with it. I was just offering a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:37 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Okay, sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing. You're right, you should just make it so that you're happy with it. I was just offering a suggestion.
Naw its cool criticism helps things get better I'm just warning you that I'm not gonna change things on a whim.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:54 am

mendokuse wrote:
Naw its cool criticism helps things get better I'm just warning you that I'm not gonna change things on a whim.

That's good. I'm not asking you to change anything - rather just that you take my opinion into consideration. I only wish you the best.

As a side note, I assume that Sakura is a real card; if so, grammatically speaking you should remove the apostraphe from "card's".
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:00 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

That's good. I'm not asking you to change anything - rather just that you take my opinion into consideration. I only wish you the best.

As a side note, I assume that Sakura is a real card; if so, grammatically speaking you should remove the apostraphe from "card's".
You are correct and thanks for spotting that.
Back to top Go down
Blurry
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Just wondering, why are there numbers by the hearts and Naruto symbols?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Blurry wrote:
Those represent how much life, and how much it costs to put that character in to play.
Back to top Go down
Blurry
Genin
Genin

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:12 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Blurry wrote:
Those represent how much life, and how much it costs to put that character in to play.
Ok, that's cool. So what if there are more than 1 hearts or symbols?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 am

Blurry wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
Blurry wrote:
Ok, that's cool. So what if there are more than 1 hearts or symbols?
There should only be 1 heart on a card with a number on it. The sasuke was pre-template so it wasnt complete. If there's more than 1 symbol then it would be a mix of things such as 2Naruto, 3Generic. So far I can't see too many animes getting crossed over but who knows.

Also don't worry guys we haven't given up on making this game. But we did slow down on it to fine tool the rules more since this is a game completely separate from Naruto or any other existing game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Anime Legends CCG   Custom Anime Legends CCG Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Anime Legends CCG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next