Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fan-Made Card Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Fan-Made Card Rules Empty
PostSubject: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:40 pm

Well, I've seen a few homebrewed special rules for Naruto cards made at home, and tossed together a few more of my own, so I decided to compile them here, just for a nice reference point. If you don't want to rifle through 15 pages of 5 threads, trying to find Dual Affinity, or Desperation, now you won't have to; they'll be right here. Mostly, I'll post ones I like, but I can add those others make, so long as they aren't broken as all get out (unless they're mine, then that's okay! Wink) I'll also try to include a card that reflects it, when possible; I'll credit people, other than myself, whose cards I use to illustrate. So anyway, without further adieu, here we go:

Ninja Special Effects
Chakra Affinity: [New Rule] When this Ninja becomes the user of a Jutsu card that shares a Symbol(s) with it, you may pay the cost of that Jutsu card with any combination of this Ninja's Symbol(s). Using this effect adds 1 to the Jutsu cost.

So, if you have a Lightning/Earth Ninja who has Chakra Affinity characteristic, and they use a Jutsu card that is, say, Earth, and costs Earth | Earth, that Ninja would be able to pay for that Jutsu card with the following:

Earth | Earth
Lightning | Lightning | Any
Lightning | Earth | Any

Fan-Made Card Rules ShippudenMikomiWarriorGoddessImage Fan-Made Card Rules ShippudenFifthMizuforContestimage

Most Ninjas with Chakra Affinity will be limited to two elements. This is because most ninjas who demonstrate an elemental affinity with more than one element only have one more, but some few have three elements. For the purposes of balance, it is better to limit the number of these ninjas, and to limit the effect to three. Past that, it is unbalanced, and better to just assign an effect that says that the ninja can pay costs with any chakra.

There was once a time when this effect was referred to as Dual Affinity, or Tri-Affinity. These are referenced below, but Chakra Affinity should now be used to cover it, regardless of the number of elements.

Fan-Made Card Rules ShippudenMikomiHarunoImage-2 Fan-Made Card Rules ShippudenFifthMizuCleanImage

Desperation X: [New Rule] A Ninja with Desperation will have a more powerful effect then a Ninja of their Entrance Cost, or Rank would normally be expected to have, but it is only applied if they are played on the turn defined by their Desperation attribute, or later. Their "regular" effect is also negated. In this way, Low EC Ninjas can still be valuable, late game, without simply being used as chump blockers.

Fan-Made Card Rules Hinata
^Made by Blurry^

Mentor X: [New Rule] Similar to Desperation, a Ninja with Mentor can be put into play much earlier than its listed Entrance Cost would normally allow, determined by its Mentor attribute, and without paying its Hand Cost, but a Mentor cannot be sent out to battle. While serving the role of a Mentor, the Ninja will apply a static, often blanket effect, and this will remain in effect until you choose to make them an acting Ninja. Once the Turn is equal to or greater than their Entrance Cost, you can choose to pay the Ninja's Hand Cost, and it will become a regular Ninja. At this point, its regular effect, if any, is applied, and its Mentor effect is negated. Otherwise, if it is not a Ninja you need as an active Ninja, it can remain a Mentor indefinitely. If your opponent gains control of your Ninja, while it is serving as a Mentor, it retains that designation; your opponent must wait until its Entrance Cost is met, and then pay its Hand Cost, if they wish to use it as a Ninja.

Example: Tsunade [PREPARING THE NEXT GENERATION] is a Ninja card with Mentor 1. This means that, as soon as Turn 1, this Ninja can be deployed as a Mentor. While serving as a Mentor, this Ninja cannot be sent out to Battle, or be part of any team. This Ninja's Mentor effect reads "When your in-play "Sakura Haruno" Ninja card is sent out to attack, it gets +X/+0 until the the end of the turn, where X equals its current Mental Power." So, while this card is serving as a Mentor Ninja, your in-play Sakuras get a boost to their attack power, while this Ninja does nothing. Once Turn 6 arrives (this Ninja's printed Entrance Cost), you can pay its Hand Cost (1 Wind). In that case, Tsunade stops applying its Mentor effect, and can be sent out to battle, as normal

Bodyguard: [New Rule] A Ninja with Bodyguard takes on the task of protecting another Ninja in its Team. During your Mission phase, you can designate another Ninja in this Ninja's Team. If that Ninja would receive any Damage, you may give that Damage to this Ninja, instead. A Ninja using Bodyguard cannot, themselves, be protected with Bodyguard; they are putting themselves too much at risk to avoid injuries.

Example: The Fifth Mizukage [RUTHLESS BEAUTY, HALTING SMILE] is in a Team with Ao [MIZUKAGE'S GUARDIAN] (Mist | Male | Jonin | Byakugan | Mental Power: 2 | BODYGUARD). During your Mission phase, you can select 1 Ninja in this Ninja's Team, and, in this case, you select The Fifth Mizukage. Until your next Mission phase, if your The Fifth Mizukage would receive any Damage, Ao can automatically take it, instead. If you had two Bodyguard Ninjas (say Chojiro [TO PROTECT THAT SMILE] in the same Team, with the same target, you can allocate any Damage as you wish between Bodyguards.

Courage: [New Rule] COMING SOON!!!

Willpower: [New Rule] A Ninja with Willpower has an understood effect, like Surge, or Mastery. In this case, the Ninja gets the following effect: "Valid: When this Ninja would be removed from play, it is instead removed from game at the end of the turn." If the card's text box has the available room, one might list this effect out, as is being done with some official cards, now.

Fan-Made Card Rules NarutoSamurai4
^Made by Mendokuse^

Group: [New Rule] Some Ninjas represent members of a group, or organization, rather than an individual, such as the faceless Anbu Black Ops operatives, nameless thugs, samurai warriors of the Land of Iron, or ancient, lost automatons, powered by magic. These Ninjas are designed to work in groups, and are ill-served by the Unique rule; this attribute allows them to be put into play, or moved into a Village or Battlefield, even if the player already has 1 or more Ninjas with the same name in play (the "anbu" effect), but this allows it, while saving room on the card. Other folks cards might refer to this effect as "Unity".

Chakra Cloak: [New Rule] While in play, a Ninja with the “Chakra Cloak” Characteristic has the ability to negate all Damage done by effects. The “Chakra Cloak” Characteristic gives the Ninja the following additional effect text: "Valid: This Ninja cannot receive any Damage by your opponent’s Ninja effects. Additionally, Jutsu cards used by this Ninja cannot be affected by the effects of your opponent’s Jutsu cards."

Now some background, this Characteristic is only intended for Ninja's who have complete control over their Bijuu Ex. Killer Bee, and soon Naruto, possibly. Therefore, it is meant to be very good and only placed on a Super Rare card.

Fan-Made Card Rules 076-KillerBeeTailedBeastModecopy-1
^Made by Naruto4Ever^

Flash: [New Rule] While in play, a Ninjawith the “Flash” Characteristic can move likegreased lightning, and fight in several battles a turn, if desired,much like the Fourth Hokage's Flying Thundergod Technique. The “Flash”Characteristic gives theNinja the following additional effect text:"During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 2 of your Chakras. Inthat case, move this Ninja to any Team, in any position. This effectcan be used twice per turn."

Fan-Made Card Rules M136

^Made by Mendokuse^

Combination: [New Rule] A Ninja with this rule isdesigned to work with another Ninja, garnering an effect while thatNinja is in play. This Ninja garners a valid effect, listed on thecard, when the listed Ninja is also present in your Village.

Fan-Made Card Rules Nagato
^Made by Susano'o the Storm God^

Jutsu Special Effects
Scalar: [New Rule] A jutsu with this descriptor is meant to be part of a set. If it is scalar, it will say with what other jutsu card it scales from. If you use a jutsu, while you have another jutsu that scales from it in your hand, you may choose to return that jutsu to your hand, and replace it with the scalar jutsu, without paying its jutsu cost. Most scalar jutsus will cost a bit more, to make up for their comboability.

Example: One of your Ninjas plays Dynamite Punch, which costs 2 Lightning, and adds +2/+2 to the User. If they have Megaton Punch, a jutsu that costs 3 Lightning, and is scalar to Dynamite Punch (adds +5/+5 to the user), they may return Dynamite Punch to their hand, and play Megaton Punch, ignoring its chakra cost. If they also have Whirl Smash, a jutsu that costs 1 Any and 3 Lightning (adds +6/+6 to the user, and gives 1 damage to every Ninja that this Ninja is battling against), they may return Megaton Punch to their hand, and play Whirlwind Smash, ignoring its chakra cost.

In this way, you can play a jutsu with a powerful effect, without paying a large amount of chakra, if you have the right pieces in your hand.

Affinity: [New Rule] A jutsu with this descriptor has a second, more powerful effect, that can be activated with the payment of further chakra. This effect is often meant to represent the jutsu being used be a specific individual, one who is well known for the jutsu in question, or a character of a certain progression, or higher (say Jonin, or some such note of accomplishment), and it might specify a particular trait, such as a required Ninja, or Rank, that, while not required to simply use the jutsu, reflects the improvement of skill with practice, to garner the improved effect.

Fan-Made Card Rules M126FlyingSparrow2
^Made by Mendokuse^

Empowered: [New Rule] Sometimes a jutsu can have varied levels of effect, someithing like a kicker. If you want, it can do its lesser effect, but if you have the extra chakra, you can "kick it up a notch". If the cost for Empowered says "Special", it will be described in that effect, and will probably entail discarding a Ninja, or some such thing beyond paying chakra.

Fan-Made Card Rules ShippudenJutsuLCReincarnationfor-1

Mission Special Effects
N/A. I don't have any at the moment.

Client Special Effects
N/A.

Land Cards [New Card Type]
Land cards are similar to Missions and Clients, in that they apply blanket, static effects. Each player may only have 1 Land card in play at a time, and each one represents a specific locale of the Narutoverse (Konohagakure, Sumagakure, the Valley at the End, etc). The effects of a Land card will only apply to certain Ninjas, those who share an attribute with it. More on these cards coming soon.

Official Card Rules
As new sets and new effects come out, I figure I'll toss them on here, too, so people don't have to find a thing elsewhere that says what it does. The cards display HUGE, so they are all in Spoiler tags. Also, they are all official, and belong to Bandai.

Surge: [Official Rule] Valid: During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard 1 Ninja card from your hand with the same name as this Ninja. In that case, this Ninja gets +2/+2 during this turn.
Spoiler:

Mastery: [Official Rule] When the effect of a Jutsu used by this Ninja is applied, you can pay 1 Chakra that shares a Symbol with that Jutsu. In that case, return the Jutsu to your Hand.
Spoiler:

Sacrifice: [Official Rule] This new rule works by saying that, before playing this Ninja, you must discard from in play whatever the sacrifice demands. In this case, you must have either a Kabuto or an Orochimaru in play, and move it to your Discard pile.
Please note, there has been some discussion as to whether this effect says discard or remove from game, but I believe Texan has said discard. At any rate, this effect might get changed here, soon, if I got it wrong. As of right now, there is absolutely NO effect that can get around paying a Sacrifice cost. Even if put into play by an effect, this cost must be met.
Spoiler:

Combination: [Official Rule] If another Ninja in the Team of this Jutsu's user possesses the listed Characteristic/Trait, apply the listed effect. This effect requires a separate, physical card, so Platoons and Squads still count as one card.
Spoiler:

Void Chakra
As I understand it, Void cost can be paid with anything. All current Void Jutsus have generic cost, and any Ninjas or Missions with a Hand Cost can be paid for with anything. On the downside, however, Void chakra, that is, cards with a Void Symbol in your hand, can only pay Hand Costs of Void cards, and Void Chakra is Void, in regards to paying for Jutsu costs, so a card with cost 1 Water couldn't be paid for with 1 Void, anymore than it could be paid for with 1 Fire.

As more appear, I will endeavor to post them up.

Last edited by venkelos on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 2:51 pm

What about Bodyguard and Courage?
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 3:14 pm

MJM wrote:

Where might I find these two? I worked on something I called Bodyguard, for a 5-Kage-Summit set I was making, but I never finished it (though an Ao I made then seems to have the attribute). Tell me where they are, please, and I will read them, and probably add them.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:04 pm

I gotta say whats being done with empowered could just be done with affinity. Affinity isn't restricted like you think it is. Just look at other cards from our sets. Like you said, it's about having an different or additional better ability but doesnt always lead to a requirement of someone. Like the empowered card could have just been written, Water/Water/ Affinity: Water/Water/X, there's more than enough room and it would have applied the same. So basically all you did was make it so you didn't have to put down 2 more symbols, seems a waste of a new characteristic.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:06 pm

venkelos wrote:
MJM wrote:

Where might I find these two? I worked on something I called Bodyguard, for a 5-Kage-Summit set I was making, but I never finished it (though an Ao I made then seems to have the attribute). Tell me where they are, please, and I will read them, and probably add them.

My Fan Made Set, A Gathering of the Mighty. It's on card folder somewhere on this forum.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:33 pm

Okay, if I mistyped a rule, please feel free to tell me what it might say. I don't always dig through all of the threads; I just sort of went with what has been presented to me. Otherwise, purely with wordage, it seems weird to give, say, Orochimaru's above jutsu affinity; certainly, he could be said to have an affinity with that jutsu, but it isn't in comparison to someone else's use of it; no one else knows/can use LC Rein. In that case, it was more of a "Orochimaru can do this, or, if he is really feeling it, he can up the ante, and do this." Granted, that could be more just for this card.

I didn't see any other Affinity jutsus on your thread, but there could easily be more threads to look through. If someone links to the Courage and Bodyguard, that'll be cool, and I'll add it. Same goes for Affinity, if it has a spelled out description, like above. Mendo, what's Willpower, by the way, or is that just for samurai cards you made?
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySun May 09, 2010 6:53 pm

venkelos wrote:
Okay, if I mistyped a rule, please feel free to tell me what it might say. I don't always dig through all of the threads; I just sort of went with what has been presented to me. Otherwise, purely with wordage, it seems weird to give, say, Orochimaru's above jutsu affinity; certainly, he could be said to have an affinity with that jutsu, but it isn't in comparison to someone else's use of it; no one else knows/can use LC Rein. In that case, it was more of a "Orochimaru can do this, or, if he is really feeling it, he can up the ante, and do this." Granted, that could be more just for this card.

I didn't see any other Affinity jutsus on your thread, but there could easily be more threads to look through. If someone links to the Courage and Bodyguard, that'll be cool, and I'll add it. Same goes for Affinity, if it has a spelled out description, like above. Mendo, what's Willpower, by the way, or is that just for samurai cards you made?
Willpower is on the sam thread just read it from there. And for more examples of affinity you can check out the Forsaken Sacrifices Previews on Bandai or the PB account. Also the case with the Affinity vs Empowered, is that if 1 existing characteristic can already do something like that, its pointless to make another characteristic that does the same but less. It just causes confusion. That's why its like you don't see like Squad and a new version of Squad for 3 ppl, they just use squad for everything if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:04 am

Thought this thread deserved a sticky.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 11:23 pm

naruto4ever wrote:
Thought this thread deserved a sticky.

Thanks N4E. Also, I added a new one for "nameless" ninjas, and reworded Empowered, so it isn't maybe as dumb.

Sadly, I now go to make the card for said Anbu, and you would not believe how hard it is to find a good, full-body image of an Anbu, that isn't also Kakashi, Itachi, or some character who never was an Anbu (Naruto, Neji, Hinata). If anyone has one, I would love to know about it.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:50 pm

Well, I tossed some "real" stuff in there, now, too. If anyone needs a reference for Surge, Mastery, Sacrifice, etc., they are also here, and I'll keep adding new ones as Bandai keeps making them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan-Made Card Rules   Fan-Made Card Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan-Made Card Rules
Page 1 of 1