Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules

Go down 
+2
Lovely Ino
MJM
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules Empty
PostSubject: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 am

One Piece FMCG
Made By MJM

Welcome to the world of the One Piece Fan Made Card Game. Do you want to fight with Pirates? Discover glorious treasure? Or embark on a journey beyond your wildest imaginations? Then let’s go!!!

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Introduction to the Cards.

2. Items Needed to Play

3. Flow of the Game

Introduction to the Cards

Character Cards/Pirate Cards (Name Pending)
One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules C-Example

1. Name
2. Characteristics
3. Effect Name
4. Effect Text
5. Log Cost
6. Resource Cost
7. Combat Value
8. Support Value
9. Symbol
10. Affiliation
11. Set Symbol
12. Card Number
13. Character Picture

(More coming soon!)

Items Needed to Play

To play the One Piece FMCG you’ll need various items (you can get them in a Starter Deck).

Players: The One Piece FMCG is a game for two players. It’s a one-on-one game.

Decks: Each Player needs a deck consisting of cards from the One Piece FMCG Card Game. Your deck must contain 50 cards exactly. You can have up to 3 cards with the same “name” in your Deck.

Game Mat: The Game Mat is use to show you were to place each card(s) in the game.

A. Ship: This is where you deploy your Characters.

B. Deck Area: This is where you keep your deck, facedown.

C. Ocean: This is where all discarded or “Sunken” cards go. They leave play and enter here.

D. Resource Zone: This is where your Resources go.

E. Cargo Area: This is where your Treasures go, facedown.

F. Log Book: This is where you move up your Turn Markers.

Log Book: Each player must have a Log Book. At the end of the turn you must move up your Turn Marker by 1.

Win Conditions

· Stealing all of your opponent’s Treasure

· A player running out of cards to draw when needed to

Flow of the Game

Both players first shuffle their own decks of 50 cards. Then allow your opponent to shuffle your deck. Then each player takes the top 10 cards of their deck and places them facedown in their Treasure Area.

After both players have shuffled the decks, play rock-paper-scissors, roll a die, flip a coin, etc. to decide who goes first.

Then both players draw 6 cards from the top of their decks. If a player does not like their hand, they can shuffle their hand back into their deck and draw 6 new cards. You can only use this step once.

Start Phase: This is the Phase where you must draw 1 card. The player who goes first skips this phase.

Core Phase: The Core Phase is where many steps can happen. These are optional steps.

Call a Pirate: You can call a Pirate. This means to place a Pirate Card from your hand into the Ship. The Log Cost must be met.

Gather Resources: You can Gather Resources. This means to place any amount of cards from your hand to your Resource Zone. The Resources Zone holds Resources to tap for the use of Card Effects and pay for the costs of Techniques.

Battle Phase: The Battle Phase is where the Battles occur and Techniques can be use.

Send out Pirates: You can send out up to 3 Pirate Crews consisting of 3 Characters to Battle. Your opponent can then Block the teams with their own Crews.

If no Techniques are use, then the Attacking Team and Blocking Team proceed to the Damage. However, if Techniques are use, then proceed to the Clash.

Clash: The Attacker (Player who is sending out the Pirate to Attack) can use priority to use Techniques. This means they choose to say if they want to use a Technique from their hand. If the Attacker passes priority (meaning they do not wish to Use a Technique) the Blocker (Player who is sending out the Pirate to Block) now has the opportunity to do the same. If they do wish to pass their priority, then proceed to the Damage. If they do Use a Technique, then the Attacker has a chance to Use a Technique. This keeps going on as long as a Player wants to Use a Technique. (When a Technique is used and is responded to, it is called a “Chain”) NOTE: You can Chain your own Techniques to your own Techniques.

Damage: The Team with the higher Power Value will win the Battle and tap the Captain of the other team if the difference between the Team Power is 4 or less. This means the Pirate is switched side-ways. If the difference between the Team Power is 5 or higher, the Captain Pirate of the opposing Team is discarded and the Crew Pirates of the opposing Team are tapped.

Stealing Treasure: If your Team is not blocked and your team power is 4 or less, steal 1 of your opponent’s Treasures. If it is 5 or higher, steal 2 of your opponent’s Treasures.

End Phase: During this Phase not much happens. You declare that your turn is over and that your opponent’s turn has begun.

Adjust your Hand: If you have more than 7 cards in your hand at the end of the turn, then discard cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Move up your Log Book: Then you move up your Log Book by 1 at the end of the turn.

Tapping: When a card is tapped, changed side ways, it cannot be used anymore or be sent out to battle.

Resources can be tapped for the cost of Techniques or Pirates.

Pirates are tapped when they take damage or have their effects used.

At the beginning of your turn, you untap all of your tapped cards.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:30 am

The first ever Character Card has been previewed and explained in terms of layout. The little coin like symbol in the brackets in the effect text means to "Tap a Resource".

If there is a number or letter in it, it means multiple depending on the number. A letter like "P" would mean "Pirate" Resource. So a Resource with the "Pirate" Symbol must be used to pay for the effect. "M" for Marine" and "C" for "Citizen".
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 am

So, if I'm reading this right, if the opponent attacks me, and surpasses my team by 4 or less, my captain is tapped, and then at the beginning of my turn s/he's untapped? If so, it seems like it would be difficult to get rid of people...

Additionally, unlike chakra, you do not discard your resources, so you can re-use them to pay for techniques every turn? If this is true, I imagine the stronger technique would be pretty pricey...

And to be more specific, under damage, it says the captain is "turned sideways"; is this different from tapping? For instance, like damaging a ninja in Naruto is different from changing them to injured status?

I like your card design a lot.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
So, if I'm reading this right, if the opponent attacks me, and surpasses my team by 4 or less, my captain is tapped, and then at the beginning of my turn s/he's untapped? If so, it seems like it would be difficult to get rid of people...

Additionally, unlike chakra, you do not discard your resources, so you can re-use them to pay for techniques every turn? If this is true, I imagine the stronger technique would be pretty pricey...

And to be more specific, under damage, it says the captain is "turned sideways"; is this different from tapping? For instance, like damaging a ninja in Naruto is different from changing them to injured status?

I like your card design a lot.

1) Yes but this can happen whenever, even if you attack and your weaker, your Captain is tapped.

2) Yes you do NOT discard resources. Though the game does use mechanics from Naruto such as the Combat/Support Powers, Teams, Battle Rewards (Treasure), etc. it does have mechanics from other games like tapping from M:tG.

3) All cards that are turned sideways are tapped. If a card is sideways, it is tapped unless a card effect says otherwise.

4) Thanks, I worked hard on it.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Okay, I have another question about stealing treasure. If we both start with 10 of our own treasure, and my opponent steals 5 of mine, would I have to steal 15 (his/her original 10 plus the 5 of mine s/he stole) or would I only need to steal his/her original 10 treasure to win? Basically, is stolen treasure added to your own?
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm sure it's who ever stills all 10 of the opponents treasure first Ino. But MJM cool fmcg glad you posted it on this site. One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:15 am

Ninja Pedro wrote:
I'm sure it's who ever stills all 10 of the opponents treasure first Ino. But MJM cool fmcg glad you posted it on this site. One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules Icon_smile

So it would be more accurate to say that you have two piles of treasure; the pile you start with and the pile of treasure you've stolen from your opponent. That's a little confusing; maybe stolen treasure should have a different name, like loot or booty.

That way you could say, "first to 10 booty wins". Since saying "the first to steal all of the opponent's treasure wins" doesn't seem accurate if your opponent still has stolen treasure remaining.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
Ninja Pedro wrote:

So it would be more accurate to say that you have two piles of treasure; the pile you start with and the pile of treasure you've stolen from your opponent. That's a little confusing; maybe stolen treasure should have a different name, like loot or booty.

That way you could say, "first to 10 booty wins". Since saying "the first to steal all of the opponent's treasure wins" doesn't seem accurate if your opponent still has stolen treasure remaining.
Ya idk. It's not my game so I don't really no for sure. It was just a guess
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:44 am

Well those aren't the official rules, they are on the way. It's more of an intro to the game so you get an idea of how it's going to look.

Ino: Technically first one to get 20 Treasures total. That'll probably be the OFFICIAL rule. So if you think about it there will be means of getting Treasure other than just Stealing them.

Pedro: Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 am

MJM wrote:
Ino: Technically first one to get 20 Treasures total. That'll probably be the OFFICIAL rule. So if you think about it there will be means of getting Treasure other than just Stealing them.

Hm... that's very interesting. So it's like a tug-of-war match? This game is starting to sound quite different from Naruto, actually. I'm really looking foward to seeing what you do with the other cards.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:55 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
MJM wrote:

Hm... that's very interesting. So it's like a tug-of-war match? This game is starting to sound quite different from Naruto, actually. I'm really looking foward to seeing what you do with the other cards.

"Tug-Of-War" sounds like a good way to put it lol. So yeah it is like tug-of-war. It just uses a few mechanics from Naruto so it's pretty unique.

Also, I made about 5 cards for it so far. 2 of which grab you Treasures pretty easily so getting 20 Treasure isn't that hard.

Also, this game says "No" to stacking because you have to give up the top 10 cards of your deck as Treasure at the BEGINNING of the game.

I guess this game has a mix of Magic, Naruto, Duel Masters (even though I didn't play the game), and Dragonball [Bandai].
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:58 am

Looking forward to this MJM I hope all works well for you.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Thanks n4e.

I asked SDG if we could have a Create-A-Card Game Board so the other fan made card game being made by Mendo and n4e correct? has a place to go.
Back to top Go down
Sand Demon Gaara
Kage
Kage
Sand Demon Gaara

Male Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 am

MJM wrote:
Thanks n4e.

I asked SDG if we could have a Create-A-Card Game Board so the other fan made card game being made by Mendo and n4e correct? has a place to go.

I will
Back to top Go down
https://customcardsyume.4umer.com
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 am

Sand Demon Gaara wrote:
MJM wrote:
Thanks n4e.

I will

Alright sounds good. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:06 pm

I might, MIGHT, take on a helper to help me make the cards but idk atm.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 12:26 am

MJM wrote:
It is a little bit easier with two people, but you obviously should know the guy in some way before he helps you.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Ninja Pebble wrote:
MJM wrote:
It is a little bit easier with two people, but you obviously should know the guy in some way before he helps you.

Of course.

Just a little reminder that this game ISN'T dead, it's being reworked.

Rules are being finalized, gameplay is being changed/edited, card templates are being edited/finalized, etc.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 12:14 am

MJM wrote:
Of course.

Rules are being finalized, gameplay is being changed/edited, card templates are being edited/finalized, etc.

Thank you for the reminder.

There's no point in rushing to get it finalized before it's perfected, so you should just take your time and have fun with it. It's not like you're working on a schedule.

I'm looking forward to seeing the result that you're finally satisfied with; I'm sure it'll be great.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:00 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
MJM wrote:
Of course.

Thank you for the reminder.

There's no point in rushing to get it finalized before it's perfected, so you should just take your time and have fun with it. It's not like you're working on a schedule.

I'm looking forward to seeing the result that you're finally satisfied with; I'm sure it'll be great.

Thank you, support like this motivates me to finish lol.

The original template you see on the first post seemed bland to me. I was using it for 18 of my cards already but I decided to renew the templates and make them look a little better, imo.

The rulebook will be posted later on after templates are finalized.

I can spoil some of the game right now. It looks like, not for sure because things do change around, that there will be four different types of cards.

An extra spoiler to anyone who can guess ALL FOUR correctly.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:25 am

Well, we already know about Pirate Cards and Technique Cards. I'm going to have to opt for the generic choices of Event Cards and Field Cards for the remaining two.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
Well, we already know about Pirate Cards and Technique Cards. I'm going to have to opt for the generic choices of Event Cards and Field Cards for the remaining two.

You are DANGEROUSLY close.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Hm... well, Client cards wouldn't really make any sense in One Piece, but the ships were pretty important, and there's enough of them in the series that I could see them having there own card type. What about Event Cards and Ship Cards for the last two?

Oh, and I was just wondering, on officers like Morgan and Smoker, are you planning on the card reading "Navy" in the corner instead of "Pirate"? It might confuse things a little bit, but I find the idea of these characters having "Pirate" branded on their cards a little amusing. Even if just for aesthetic purposes, I think it would be a nice touch to change it to "Navy", sort of like the Knights did in Naruto.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
Hm... well, Client cards wouldn't really make any sense in One Piece, but the ships were pretty important, and there's enough of them in the series that I could see them having there own card type. What about Event Cards and Ship Cards for the last two?

Oh, and I was just wondering, on officers like Morgan and Smoker, are you planning on the card reading "Navy" in the corner instead of "Pirate"? It might confuse things a little bit, but I find the idea of these characters having "Pirate" branded on their cards a little amusing. Even if just for aesthetic purposes, I think it would be a nice touch to change it to "Navy", sort of like the Knights did in Naruto.

Check your PM's for the answer to that question.
Back to top Go down
Sharingan_Kunai
Chunin
Chunin
Sharingan_Kunai

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:18 pm

I like the way the game works,after reading these rules,kinda like what you say like Duel Masters,DBZ,Naruto,and M:TG even though I never played that game. Also I wanna be the first to call a Whitebeard deck >.> ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules   One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

One Piece Fan Made Cardgame Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next