Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sannin #2 Tourney

Go down 
+4
satanspawngenma
venkelos
MJM
mendokuse
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks Mendo. Yeah like CSD said, this was a bad week for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:07 am

I didn't know. I figured spring break and the 2 weeks i gave would have been good enough. But that's fine everyone has their own things going on.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:20 am

4 days to new deadline, REMINDER!!!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

I do hope to see a few more, but, at the risk of stretching this out further, I know that at the college I attended, and the ones nearby, it's finals week this week. Granted, I'm probably one of the oldest people here, surrounded by high school kids and such, but if any of our would be Sannin are college kids, they might have trouble finding time around their finals.

Still, come one people; want to see stuff. Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 76186 Sadly, many other threads here haven't moved in days or weeks, so new cards ANYWHERE pleases me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:27 pm

venkelos wrote:
I do hope to see a few more, but, at the risk of stretching this out further, I know that at the college I attended, and the ones nearby, it's finals week this week. Granted, I'm probably one of the oldest people here, surrounded by high school kids and such, but if any of our would be Sannin are college kids, they might have trouble finding time around their finals.

Still, come one people; want to see stuff. Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 76186 Sadly, many other threads here haven't moved in days or weeks, so new cards ANYWHERE pleases me.
Really? Wow your college schedules are way off from mine.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 7:59 pm

mendokuse wrote:
venkelos wrote:

I don't know; I was done with college several years ago, but I was on campus last night, to do some RPG playing, and several called in for finals. They've always been the first week of May there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:06 am

venkelos wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
venkelos wrote:

I don't know; I was done with college several years ago, but I was on campus last night, to do some RPG playing, and several called in for finals. They've always been the first week of May there.
Wow, mine aren't until like June think. But then again when I was working on my first AA I'm pretty sure the timing was different then so I guess it makes sense for it to be different.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:36 am

So I couldn't do my Killer Bee theme like I had hoped... To make up for this, I did something I enjoyed myself... The Discard and Mill theme. The question was who to base it around... Sasuke Uchiha of course!

Ninja Card
Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 SasukeUchiha
I found this picture and realized it was pretty good. I've been wanting to make a State 1 Sasuke because no one has ever really made one, Bandai included. The effect I had in mind was a little too good for Turn 0 so I thought I'd make him Turn 1, like some Sasuke. I gave him his 4 combat stats but beefed up his Injured Stats because he is in State 1. I decided to make the theme both Fire and Water because the win condition can be met by either player's cards as you'll see, since both Elements control differ.

As for his effect, you discard a card and either mill the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck or discard 1 of their Chakra. I didn't really want to make this a -1 to your Hand so I added the other part. (Note that it is not part of the 2nd option it's another line of text attached to the effect as a whole, yes it's been done before, I.E. Shikamaru's Judgement) If a Ninja card is moved to the discard pile by the effect you can draw 1 card, resembling his dark attitude. Following the Kidomaru (State 1), I opted to not give him extra Characteristics like Growth or Ambush but only the necessary ones. I also dropped Genin since most Sasuke in this arc are like that.

Jutsu Card
Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 CorruptChidori
I felt this Chidori was different than the others. And if Chidori Sword and Chidori Lance are 2 separate techniques then this is a separate technique too. >.< Anyways, I didn't want to have it effect both player's Discard Pile just yours since the effects are decent or good, especially after Rotation. Plus, it's an extra Chidori Jutsu to be fetched by Eyes of the Hawk. If you have 5 or more cards in your Discard pile you can give -3/-3 to every opposing Ninja, but if you have 15 or more, you can give a Damage to them. Not so bad right? The 3 cost seemed okay considering it's dual symboled and it only has 1 user.

Mission Card
Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 IntheDarkness
For those old school players, you'll remember a bad card with the same name made by Bandai. It's pretty simple. If there are 30 or more cards in either player's Discard Pile, you win the game. Now this is good because if you run Discard Water you can get your discard pile full of cards. However, if you run Fire Mill you can get your opponent's discard pile full of cards, so it's very versatile. In addition, if 30 cards feels like too much you can just have a lot of Rogue Ninjas to lower the cost. In reality you could lower it to maybe 20 cards even. Seems good on Turn 5.

Note that these cards don't have card numbers or set symbols intentionally, they don't really fit into anything.

Also, expect a Sasuke State 2 that kind of helps the theme too but it shouldn't be judged for the tournament.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:15 am

Here are my cards.

Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 Tsunad12

Like I said before I went with Tsunade. Her primary goal is to keep your ninja alive.

Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 Desper10

For the cost of 3 chakra and injuring 2 of your ninjas you can win an outstanding victory.

Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 No_man10

No Man Left Behind is used to either win a game or if you can heal enough ninjas you can win the match.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:55 pm

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:

No Man Left Behind is used to either win a game or if you can heal enough ninjas you can win the match.

lol, Victory Dragon...
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:16 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
UchihaKyoji23 wrote:

lol, Victory Dragon...
??? BTW drowned in HW, so its gonna be a bit till i judge, feel free to keep entering ppl.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:16 pm

It's a card in Yu-Gi-Oh! that says if it reduces your opponent's lifepoints to zero then you win the match.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:51 pm

MJM wrote:
It's a card in Yu-Gi-Oh! that says if it reduces your opponent's lifepoints to zero then you win the match.
OOOOH. I never understood that card until now. I was like no duh i won i brought you to zero, lol. Now i get it you win the whole dang match, ok.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:07 am

mendokuse wrote:
you win

I do? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL jk.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 2:44 am

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
you win

LOL jk.
Haha, nice try.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:24 am

Well gotta say I've loved seeing everybodies cards. I really liked some of the unique cards out there. For some call outs gotta say my:

Favorite mission was easily stsg's Double Agent, I think its a great unique idea that really captures the concept of the show and makes a great card.

Favorite Jutsu I think would be between Uchiha Kyoji's Desperate Situation, I really like how it sets up for more of that needed healing while giving a great effect, not what I saw coming for a tsunade special but it fits. And then MJM's Corrupt Chidori, I like the random use of your own discard, only thing i think it couls use is a 3rd option.

Favorite Ninja lands with Venks 9tails, (though its what i meant by special card, i did fail to respond to his question so im not judging on that) I like the way you have it set to be put in play, though maybe a bit too heavy costly considering how much its additional effects cost, but still an amazing and balanced UBER in my opinion. Then I also liked MJM's Sasuke State 1, I think its a great idea, you get to sift through your deck, prepare your discard, kill their deck or chakra, all by 1 simple effect. I do feel growth would have done well with this sasuke but i dont think its a required thing so no hard feelings on it.

Overall I think the winner based on a combo of well design and appealing to the eyes, great and fluent effects among all cards, and overall high standards would be MJM. Congrats MJM you are officially the second sannin of this site and get to pick the third in probably a year (Ninja Pebble will contact you). Thank you everyone that joined, it was a pleasure to see your cards.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:25 am

MJM wrote:
mendokuse wrote:
you win

LOL jk.
Haha, now its more funny since you did. ;p
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Haha yeah. Thanks Mendo, this means a lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:55 am

Congrats to MJM Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 936880
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sannin #2 Tourney   Sannin #2 Tourney - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sannin #2 Tourney
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2