Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

card making help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

card making help Empty
PostSubject: card making help   card making help EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

ok so ive been experimenting making my own renders/line arting and such. the pic usually dont look bad, but not anime quality, and i believe that the coloring portion is what makes it look incorrect, does anyone know how to properly do this, or at least give me some tips on coloring in and such just need them to look more animeish.. heres what i have done so far.

card making help Hanzo

card making help 1470194-3148517_super
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

card making help Empty
PostSubject: Re: card making help   card making help EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:20 am

satanspawngenma wrote:
ok so ive been experimenting making my own renders/line arting and such. the pic usually dont look bad, but not anime quality, and i believe that the coloring portion is what makes it look incorrect, does anyone know how to properly do this, or at least give me some tips on coloring in and such just need them to look more animeish.. heres what i have done so far.

card making help Hanzo

card making help 1470194-3148517_super

Hey those are pretty good to start with. Some advice that I can give you:

1. Work Big, if you start with a large sized set of lines and you make some mistakes the usually tend to be less noticeable when you shrink your image down to normal size. Now when I say big I mean BIG like 4000 x 5000 pixels.

2. Reference other Anime images. Take a look at other images from other artists or even on the bandai cards eventually you will get a general feel for how things should be shaded.

3. Line thickness. You dont want your lines to be really think it makes the image looks less that desirable, again going back to work big. If you start big and use a size 4-5 brush on the lines when you shrink them down they look perfect.

4. Proper colors. When ever you try to do something from the anime make sure you use the right colors, the wrong color tone and throw the hole picture off.

5. Take your time, if you put in a good amount of time into your coloring it will look a lot better, try using more crisp shadowing (I would recommend the Pen tool, but I dont know how you line).

6. If your going a picture from the Manga dont just color over the lines they give re-do them, it gives the image a much more "Vectorized" look.

7. Finally, when your trying to add extras to the picture make sure they fit. Like don't add highlights to armor a lot of the time it wont happen in Naruto, generally the Hair is the only time highlights should be used.

I hope that helps even a little.

OH! Another note, dont jump straight into coloring your own pictures, start with pictures on bandai cards make them bigger and clean them up if you go head first into your own pictures they wont look the greatest.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

card making help Empty
PostSubject: Re: card making help   card making help EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:22 am

thanx i really appreciate the help Smile these two pictures took me roughly 1 hour all together, so next time ill spend alot more time on them. again thanx
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
Sponsored content

card making help Empty
PostSubject: Re: card making help   card making help Empty

Back to top Go down

card making help
Page 1 of 1