Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual Villages?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Dual Villages? Empty
PostSubject: Dual Villages?   Dual Villages? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:00 pm

This is going to be one of those short-lived threads, where I hopefully get an answer, and then no one posts ever again, till it fades away into obscurity. So, here's the question:

I have these two OCs that I have made cards of, and I am wondering if I should do something in regards to them. Both Himeru Nara and Retsu Shimekiri are ninjas from, more or less, two villages. Himeru is Shikamaru's and Temari's daughter, and could as easily be a Sand Ninja as a Leaf Ninja, but she is a ninja in Leaf, with her teammates, Enkotsu and Tasu. Still, she is in good standing in Suna, lived there for years, and is the daughter of their chief tactician, as well as the Kazekage's niece. Any Sand Ninja would gladly aide the favorite daughter of Suna. Should she get both Leaf and Sand, in order to benefit from both lineages?

Retsu is a similar case. She is a Mist Ninja who came to Konoha on an exchange program, of sorts. For all intents and purposes, she is now a Leaf Ninja, and even a squad leader of the above team. Still, as a Mist ninja in good standing, should she have Leaf and Mist, or just Leaf?

I don't suppose that this is ever a real problem in the CCG, as most Ninjas are specifically one village, and only one, but i figured I'd get some input. Thanks to anyone who helps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Dual Villages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Villages?   Dual Villages? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 pm

There already has been one ninja with two villages: n-812 Tatsuji. At the time of his release, I thought that one of the moderators said that this feature would be significant somehow, but I don't think that it ever has been. So basically, if it fits with your characters, I think you should include it, since it's obviously not impossible.

However, in the scenario you presented, I don't think Retsu would become a leaf ninja just by having an extended stay in the leaf village... that is, I don't think there would be many situations at all that would call for a ninja to be from two villages... but you know the circumstances of your characters' positions better than me, so just go with whatever is best~!
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Dual Villages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Villages?   Dual Villages? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Well I had the same problem with one of my OC's a while ago, except in my case the ninja started in the leaf and then joined the mist while still being a member of the leaf. So for Retsu I would go with both village symbols. Himeru is a little different if she was never truly a sand ninja and was only a leaf ninja. She should only get the leaf symbol.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Dual Villages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Villages?   Dual Villages? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 pm

Well, for Himeru, I left her at one village of effect, Leaf; she's a Leaf shinobi, teamed with Leaf shinobi, even if she is from the Sand. If I really needed to give her the extra bull of Sand benefits, that's an excuse to make a Temari who has an effect to give Himeru Sand. As for Retsu, I did give her Leaf and Mist, and here is the card, since my personal cards thread is populated by the mythical, the legendary, great leaping golden tumbleweed, and little else.

Dual Villages? ShippudenRetsuShimekiriFinalImage

I like how it turned out, though I wish I could have added metal plates on the backs of the gloves, and Mist symbol etchings into the tops of the leg guards. needless to say, I didn't, either because I couldn't and have it look good, or I couldn't find them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Sponsored content

Dual Villages? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual Villages?   Dual Villages? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual Villages?
Page 1 of 1