Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3

Go down 
3 posters

Did you like Today's cards?
Yes!
Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_lcap0%Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No!
Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_lcap0%Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
So so
Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_lcap100%Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Empty
PostSubject: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Here's the last "Negative Turn Marker" preview until I finish introducing the new deck types. Today's Preview reveals that one of he biggest strengths of the Negative "Turn Marker Archetype" is that most of its Ninjas come a turn earlier then their supposed to, along with stronger effects, access to more jutsus, and immunity to cards like Shikamaru Unwillingness and Yamato CbF earlier. For those Interested, the rest of the "Negative Turn Marker" stuff will mostly be in fire. On Friday I'll show you guys "Playing Blind". Remember, the first cards may seem like crap, but they'll have more meaning once I show the 2 or 3 drops, or more missions/jutsus. Enjoy!

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Nagato

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Mizuki

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Yakumo
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I know people are viewing this so, can you guys please reply??? Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:28 pm

if you want comments on cards overall, you should do something:
about images, they are really crap.
nagato's name font is wrong.
try to find similar font.
"outer glow" effect should be clearer, so try to experiment a little bit.
mizuki is so overpowered.
yakumo is strong.
nagato is strong.
i voted for "so, so".
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 pm

I made a video for you a while ago that showed you a technique for improving your white outline and drop shadow; it makes me a little sad to see that you seem to have ignored it...

Also, if this is supposed to be a decktype, I think that it might be more interesting if they were confined to a single element? If I recall, the mission card you made that allowed your turn marker to go backwards was fire, right? So, that might be a good place to start...
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
I made a video for you a while ago that showed you a technique for improving your white outline and drop shadow; it makes me a little sad to see that you seem to have ignored it...

What video? srry, but I must have missed it. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_redface

Also, if this is supposed to be a decktype, I think that it might be more interesting if they were confined to a single element? If I recall, the mission card you made that allowed your turn marker to go backwards was fire, right? So, that might be a good place to start...

Don't wrry. There are only a couple water nin in the deck type. There's going to be a Kabuto, but his effect will let you play him ignoring the hand cost, but most of the ninja are actually going to be fire/water anyways, which you'll see later.
Edit: I just attempted to take a look at the video you mentioned, but my comp is being retarded and won't let me download it. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad

Last edited by Susano'o the Storm God on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:02 am

aurelio wrote:
if you want comments on cards overall, you should do something:
about images, they are really crap.
nagato's name font is wrong.
try to find similar font.
"outer glow" effect should be clearer, so try to experiment a little bit.
mizuki is so overpowered.
yakumo is strong.
nagato is strong.
i voted for "so, so".

Images are crap, I know. So you have any suggestions to get better images?
I don't have the font Allencon unfortunately. My comp won't let me open the file. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad Do you know of any fonts that are better that I don't have to download?
For "outer glow" I just follow a tutorial...
Mizuki is supposed to be overpowered because the cards you could use to lower your turn markers is limited. Same with Nagato and Yakumo.

Thank you aurelio and Lovely Ino for your feedback. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 76186 all feedback is very appreciated, good or bad. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 76186
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 am

Quote :
i use screen-shots from episodes. if you don't have them, there are so many ways to get them. if not, google some better images.
Quote :
I don't have the font Allencon unfortunately. My comp won't let me open the file. Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Icon_sad Do you know of any fonts that are better that I don't have to download?
google "allecon demo" and download it. if it is "rar" or "zip" file, extract it (you will need winrar or winzip or something like that program), and install it this way:
go to: local disk (c:) > windows > fonts > then just copy/paste extracted font there, or just overlay it there, and it will be ready for use.
Quote :
you didn't followed it well... try to experiment with sliders. move them left/right until you find the best look. it's not that hard.

don't be lazy... experiment...
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 pm

aurelio wrote:
Quote :
i use screen-shots from episodes. if you don't have them, there are so many ways to get them. if not, google some better images.
Quote :
google "allecon demo" and download it. if it is "rar" or "zip" file, extract it (you will need winrar or winzip or something like that program), and install it this way:
go to: local disk (c:) > windows > fonts > then just copy/paste extracted font there, or just overlay it there, and it will be ready for use.
Quote :
you didn't followed it well... try to experiment with sliders. move them left/right until you find the best look. it's not that hard.

don't be lazy... experiment...

bolded, I take screen shots from episodes too, so how come yours look so much better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3   Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Special "Shadows of War" Preview #3
Page 1 of 1