Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lightning Effects... Ugh...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Lightning Effects... Ugh... Empty
PostSubject: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:41 pm

So how do you guys make your Lightning Effects for cards that feature Lightning Blades or Chidoris...

Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:10 am

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:56 am

I think that you'd be okay with drawing the basic shape of the lightning by hand, in white, and add some squiggly lines coming off of it, also in white... then add a blue outer glow, and probably a little blue inner glow as well.

...does that make any sense? I tried it out and I think it looked decent, though I'm no expert.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:14 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
I think that you'd be okay with drawing the basic shape of the lightning by hand, in white, and add some squiggly lines coming off of it, also in white... then add a blue outer glow, and probably a little blue inner glow as well.

...does that make any sense? I tried it out and I think it looked decent, though I'm no expert.

It makes sense, mind if I see what you've done?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:29 am

Something like this...?

Spoiler:
It doesn't look so good, but it's because I made it in about 20 seconds. The overall feel is generally right I think, and if you took a moment to get the original shape right, I think it would look great.

Depending on the use, the original shape might be unrequired, and you could just use the squigglies, which would be really easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lightning Effects... Ugh...   Lightning Effects... Ugh... Empty

Back to top Go down

Lightning Effects... Ugh...
Page 1 of 1