Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010

Go down 
+20
VSA
Deets
Megamarik
User Name
Undeadflayme
sharingansasuke33
CursedSealingDragon
chidoricurrent2
mendokuse
Thayli
satanspawngenma
Lovely Ino
Ninja Pebble
venkelos
Shino'sDad
aurelio
UchihaKyoji23
Susano'o the Storm God
naruto4ever
MJM
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Tsu Kiyo Me wrote:
Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
Tsu Kiyo Me wrote:
aurelio wrote:
first of all, i hate people who don't respect intelligence of other people. for instance i am talking about this retarded question:
Quote :
I dont believe you are in the bottom 2, so why exactly are you giving up?

i am giving up because judging was made with prejudices, and wasn't fair. like lovely ino said, there are entries with visible errors which are scored better than "0" or "1".

i respect guys like mjm, vsa, thayli, and others who are posting much on bandai and who are in naruto ccg for a long time, and i respect their experience in naruto ccg. i also respect mendokuse and naruto4ever like really good card makers. but, since this is a tournament of naruto fans, and judges are from bandai forum, i really can't take the fact that judging is based on giving a credits in a form of high scores for a card making, to guys who are posting every day on bandai forum, or to a guys who are in administration on this forum, which absolutely doesn't have anything with this tournament. i really don't point out to anyone.

thayli's judging was pretty good but judging of tsukiyome and zero wasn't fair at all. i really can't stand that somebody will hit "0" or "1" just because he is able to do that. this is supposed to be a fun, not a playground for a guys who are responsible for something irrelevant once in a lifetime. are you feeling powerful when you hit "0" or "1"?

If you want the justification for the effect being a "0", I didn't do it for no reason. First off, the effect was difficult to understand based on the wording. From my understanding, it became very apparent to me that it was not a fair card. Not only does it completely break the mechanics of the game, how do I keep track of who has been organized with who? Say I have Naruto and I team him with Shikamaru. Then Naruto dies. Can I group Shikamaru again? From my understanding, the card says I can't group him with other Ninjas again so I assume that means he's by himself for the rest of the game. If that's the case, after 12 turns pass, how can you prove the Shikamaru was already teamed before?

I realize the card is a super rare and thus deserves to be powerful, but I'm a big proponent of balance. And given the scoring template I was told to use, effect basically dealt with Balance from my understanding (See "Pa Toad" which also got a 0 in the effect for me because it completely shatters the game's balance and would ruin the actual game if it was released.). Creativity dealt with uniqueness. Text & Neatness also overlapped. The general consensus between the judges was that this round was a nightmare in terms of scoring and a new scoring system needs to be ironed out before we can even proceed any further so the drama from a round like this doesn't happen again.

Lovely Ino wrote:
Okie dokie, I guess I'd like to withdraw from the tourney.

I dislike this situation. Really, I'm on Susano'o's side here that the late entry was a touch unprofessional, and I can understand him feeling cheated. So, this works out best since VSA and Susano'o can both proceed. Good luck, guys.

It's sad to see you go as I felt you had one of the most creativie cards in the tournament's first round. I was looking forward to more of your work. I also want to personally thank you for pointing out the capitalization errors. I've judged cards before but never on this level and the text scores were the first thing I apologized for (See our blog "The Perfect Curve"). Honestly, capitalization never even occured to me. After talking with Zero and Thayli, we all kind of agree there is definitely overlap in the current scoring system and a better rubric needs to be made before the next round. Capitalization will be a big thing.

As for Susano'o, as was said before, I'm sorry you were upset about things but please, as Mendo said, bring your A game. A competition is a competition to win (while still having fun! ^_^).

Just as a question, what exactly is creativity? It seems to vary between tourneys. Sometimes it's based on the effect, other times the character, and sometimes both. Could you plz elaborate? Confused

It's different for everyone. To me, creativity is something that really "WOWs!" me. Something that turns my head. There are only so many times you can make a "Target: 1 Ninja Effect: Give 1 Damage" effect. Obviously, that's a good card. It's generic but it's good. Now take a look at something like MJM's card.

He took a Ninja who is notorious for making you scratch your head and think and gave him an effect that completely flips the game on it's head to compliment that. On top of that, the effect is very reminiscent of two of the old school staples for the element, Disaster & Test Proctor Anko. He put a new spin on old favorites and made it his own in the process. That's creativity.

I myself am looking for something new. Something fresh.

To narrow it down: I'm looking for someone who breaks the mold in terms of design space. The person who makes the most out of the card by relating it to the character/scene from the story, produces something unique that isn't just a rehash or something we already have, and at the same time puts their own unique flavor to it. When you make a good card and make it your own, it really shows. And I think the players know too.

It's very easy to figure out once you really dissect things who made what cards, even at Bandai. Cards that are generically good but have a small quirk to them are Andy's cards. Cards that are closely tied to the story and lend themselves very well to other cards in the deck type are Tylar's cards. Cards that have really unique effects (that may be hit or miss most of the time) are usually Brian's. See what I mean?

Ahh I see. That's very helpful. Thx very much. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:21 am

btw, since both Ino and Aurelio are dropping out, what happens? Does VSA go against us both just so we have a match, or do we both get a bye, or what? Confused
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 am

btw, since both Ino and Aurelio are dropping out, what happens? Does VSA go against us both just so we have a match, or do we both get a bye, or what? Confused

If it's no problem, I wouldn't mind giving it a try still. In fact, I would like to. I only wanted to drop out because there were some bad words between you and some of the others, and I don't think such negativity is suitable for an event that's supposed to be fun, so I concluded that both you and VSA could proceed if someone else dropped, which would solve any problem. Of course, I did say I would withdraw, so if the judges hold me to that, I won't object.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:30 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
If it's no problem, I wouldn't mind giving it a try still. In fact, I would like to.
great. even if i am not a judge, you have my support.

Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
btw, since both Ino and Aurelio are dropping out, what happens? Does VSA go against us both just so we have a match, or do we both get a bye, or what? Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 563430

If it's no problem, I wouldn't mind giving it a try still. In fact, I would like to. I only wanted to drop out because there were some bad words between you and some of the others, and I don't think such negativity is suitable for an event that's supposed to be fun, so I concluded that both you and VSA could proceed if someone else dropped, which would solve any problem. Of course, I did say I would withdraw, so if the judges hold me to that, I won't object.

Com...pete! Com...pete! Com...pete!
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:

I don't think any of the judges will have a problem. The brackets are already paired with you included anyways.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
btw, since both Ino and Aurelio are dropping out, what happens? Does VSA go against us both just so we have a match, or do we both get a bye, or what? Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 563430

yeah its no problem.

btw, what happens if more than 1 person drops out? VSA can't be more than one person Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 468881
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:41 pm

what happens if more than 1 person drops out? VSA can't be more than one person

did you ever heard of "kage bunshin" ?

i just couldn't resist
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:

We settled it and you're not going to be dropping it out lol.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 pm

aurelio wrote:

i just couldn't resist

I still do not understand why you are dropping out
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:02 pm

aurelio wrote:

i just couldn't resist

I still do not understand why you are dropping out
Look enough words have been discussed about this matter no need to continue with this. If anyone want's to drop out then it there own free will to do so. Lovely Ino if you want to compete then I don't think anyone will holed it against you when you told us your dropping.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 am

OK, so I had my Ninja made and I absolutely loved it. However, I made a new Ninja that I like the art on even more! So weather it be better or not, I'm going to use it. With out further ado.....SHIKAMARU!

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 ShikamaruNaracopy-4

Now a little bit into his effect, he starts a turn of Mental Power battles for 2 Earth Chakra. Not bad, here is where he comes in handy. The last super Shikamaru we received worked when he was in a team by himself and thats only 4 mental power which is great however with more ninjas getting MP he looses some of his luster. This card however can get a ton of Mental Power, case being you need to be doing rough in the game. He peaks at a Whooping Mental Power 13 which is awesome! But if your letting it get to that, yea your going to lose. So here is my card, I hope everyone likes it as much as my self. I gave him a very minor stat bump to coincide the hand cost. I think its pretty balanced (I hope). Enjoy once agan!

For those of you who were curious on what my other card was here:
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 ShikamaruIno15-1

Again I liked it but I like the above shikamaru's art more! So judges when the time is ready I hope I gave enough background.

Last edited by naruto4ever on Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:33 am

Here is my Ninja for round 1. The Third Hokage(Younger Days). The pic is taken just as he is teaching Jiraiya about the summoning jutsu and is summoning Monkey King Enma.

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 3rd_ho10

First off I decided to drop his stats because he is a turn 5 with a hand cost of a 1 and his effect in an animal deck can be quite good. His effect is all about helping an animal theme deck. When he is put in play you get to search for Monkey King Enma and add him to your hand. It could be much worse if you put him in play and then drew a card for it . I thought that effect would be far to broken. After you have him in play when you play "leaf", "animal" Ninja you get to draw 1 card.

Last edited by UchihaKyoji23 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CursedSealingDragon
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
CursedSealingDragon

Male Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Here is my entry for Round 1, Obito Uchiha.

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Tourna12

As of now, Obito doesn't pertain to any specific deck type, but would fit nicely into a Boyhood deck. Fire lacks turn 2 Ninjas that are on element, with the exception of Biscuit, so this is why I thought he would work well as a turn 2. Turn 3 is in my opinion clogged with cards like Naruto Reliance, Sakura Reliance and Tobi. Turn 1 has Yakumo, Flex and Shion, so again turn 2 is perfect. Now to the effect of the card, non-Ninja Dog Fire decks focus heavily on their Jutsu cards (Chidori, Fire Ball, Mangekyou, etc) so disposing of cards in your opponent's hand is a nice touch. Plus, you'll be able to see what your getting rid of with his first effect. Now I know how the second effect is worded that you'd already be able to know what card your picking, but the first effect is more as an extra effect. With it, you'll not only know what to predict from your opponent such as Ninjas or Missions they'll play, but you'll also have complete control over the Exchange of Jutsu.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:30 pm

satanspawngenma wrote:
ok well heres my entry, my earth element ninja

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Yamato3

As reference for quick find my opponents card
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:40 pm

when will judging be posted?
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:39 pm

satanspawngenma wrote:
ok well heres my entry, my earth element ninja

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Yamato3

Nice art. One little thought, though; you might want to move the Water symbol ahead, just so everyone knows it's there. As it is, I know it's there, but I've seen people lose points for that, or the Ninja symbol being obscured less, in less stringent tournaments.
Back to top Go down
Tsu Kiyo Me
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student
Tsu Kiyo Me

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 3:52 pm

when will judging be posted?

The three of us have yet to agree on a scoring rubric yet. We will have it finished shortly. As for judging. MJM has not given us a deadline for judging. I would assume it will come in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Sorry for being a tad late.

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 MatFinal2copy

Judges
Have until the end of the upcoming Saturday to post your Judgings for Round 1!!!!

Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I was bored, so I figured I would do this, sort of a little assist for everyone.

Satanspawngenma VS Naruto4ever
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Yamato3 Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 ShikamaruNaracopy-4

CursedSealingDragon VS UchihaKyoji23
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Tourna12 Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 The_th12
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:54 am

MJM, do you have any objections to me posting the results on the thread at Bandai?
Back to top Go down
Deets
Genin
Genin
Deets

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm

venkelos wrote:
I was bored, so I figured I would do this, sort of a little assist for everyone.

Satanspawngenma VS Naruto4ever
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Yamato3 Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 ShikamaruNaracopy-4

CursedSealingDragon VS UchihaKyoji23
Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Tourna12 Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 The_th12

That looks pretty obvious, so Imma gonna to point out the logical outcome. Naruto4ever's card looks 100x better, hes absolutely going to win. Both of the pictures are equally poor in the second set, however the templates look solid. It comes down to effect and the Obito is broken so UchihaKyoji23 is gonna win.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Deets wrote:
That looks pretty obvious, so Imma gonna to point out the logical outcome. Naruto4ever's card looks 100x better, hes absolutely going to win. Both of the pictures are equally poor in the second set, however the templates look solid. It comes down to effect and the Obito is broken so UchihaKyoji23 is gonna win.

i agree with your opinion for obito and the third hokage, and maybe obito's picture is a bit better, but effect is broken. i would also vote for uchihakyoji23.

i don't agree with you for tenzo and shikamaru. shikamaru has only better picture. i wouldn't give any bonuses for making a card on those unusual templates. shikamaru's effect is more generic, and tenzo's is more combo-like. make team battling against it a stand-by, and then return that jutsu card to your hand. if tenzo's picture was a bit clearer, with better lines, it would be definitively my favorite. this way i would consider this duel draw.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 3:31 pm

aurelio wrote:
i don't agree with you for tenzo and shikamaru. shikamaru has only better picture. i wouldn't give any bonuses for making a card on those unusual templates. shikamaru's effect is more generic, and tenzo's is more combo-like. make team battling against it a stand-by, and then return that jutsu card to your hand. if tenzo's picture was a bit clearer, with better lines, it would be definitively my favorite. this way i would consider this duel draw.

Actually, Tenzo's effect is the generic one. There's been a Yamato who picks up Jutsu, and much more easily at that, that is not a Super Rare.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:04 pm

MJM wrote:
Actually, Tenzo's effect is the generic one.
actually it isn't. there are some circumstances you should fulfill in a battle to use it's effect. not during mission phase, but during a battle, which makes him decent, but not overpowered card.
there are a bunch of shikamaru cards who starts mental power battle, which makes this shikamaru generic one. i don't say it is bad, but only generic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010   Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Card Maker Tournament 2010
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next