Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+9
Fayt Susomi
satanspawngenma
venkelos
mendokuse
naruto4ever
Susano'o the Storm God
Sandboxkid
aurelio
Lovely Ino
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Just for the purposes of a reminder, I am judging, so please expect it no later than Sunday early morning, probably Saturday, latish evening. Thanks and good luck all.

Hope to see more than one entry, too Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Well I made this card a while ago as a Halloween theme card and liked its effect so here it is.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 Tenten10

It,s Tenten as Yuffie. Her effect is based upon Yuffie stealing from the party, taking all of its materia. So you can start taking your opponent's deck apart. The reason I think I would fit in most decks is because you are taking away potential threatening cards from your opponent and make them your own.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:39 am

Will post judgments tomorrow morning. Last chances...
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:07 am

meh, I feel lazy, so here's one of my older cards.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 Neji
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 2:31 pm

Glad to see a third entry. Well, here's the marks:

Nagato (Satanspawngenma)

Grammar: 3.5/5
Akatsuki and Rain should be before Male. Effect should read: "Valid: This Ninja can become the user of any Jutsu cards ignoring their "Requirements". (-1)
During the Exchange of Jutsu (-.25), you can remove this Ninja from play. In that case, (-.25) put 2 NInjas in your Discard Pile in play." If you mean it to be high EC Ninjas, you should add "ignoring their Requirements", to negate needing to pay their possible Hand Costs. Since I'm not sure, though, I'll just mention it.

Playability: 2.5/3
I'd say pretty good. The stats are good for the EC/HC, he doesn't have any cheesy attributes, and his first effect is good. Being Void lets him splash anywhere, and he can support the Deck, regardless of it's focus, as long as Jutsus have something to do with that. I am going to pull for it, though, because it doesn't say not itself, for the second effect, (-.5), and with so few Nagatos likely, and none yet, if it did exist, you could cycle them too easily. Charge one as chakra early, spend it, and then use another one later. You can get the first one, plus another good ninja, and then do the trick again, getting two more good ninjas back. To me, that's a bit too good.

Creativity: 3/3
I'd say it is very good, and represents him well before the 6Paths Arc.I'm not entirely sure he knew how to play Necromanceback then, but I won't gripe.

Broken/Not Broken: 2/2
I'd say he's not broken. He's made to spil into multiple decks, and can do so well. He shouldn't weigh down any other stuff, and can carry his own weight.

Art: 2/2
I very much like this art choice. It's clear (at least on my screen, and shows Nagato well, before he is a wasted shell. The Rinnegan eyes are also clear and the right color. I haven't seen that pic before, and I have gone on some Nagato picture quests.

Total: 13/15

"Yuffie" Tenten (Uchihakyoji23)

Grammar: 3/5
"Deck" is always capitalized (-.5). So is "Team" (-.5) from, not froem (-.5) Opponent's has an apostrophe (-.5)

Playability: 3/3
In many ways, this is your average Tenten, so she is certainly playable. Her effects are also rather good. On the one hand, what you take is likely to be useless, but at least they don't have it, and you get some free potential chakra.

Having Tenten pretend she is Yuffie is funny; I like it.

Broken/Not Broken: 1.5/2
I don't want to, but it isn't always hard to score that Victory, so I am going to bump off some (.5). Still, the effect isn't Valid, and it doesn't improve with OV, so that's all. I just don't know how good it might be if you slipped it into a non-Block Horrormat Water deck, having her hide behind a Water Jonin, and having Vortex clear the field, well yeah, and that may still be doable other ways now. Maybe a Hand Cost might've helped.

Art: 2/2
Very nice piece. I accidentally found it, later, and it looks very similar to Tenten, facially, so nice choice.

Total: 12.5/15

Neji (Susano'o)

Grammar: 4/5
"reveal it" (-.5) "Deck" is always capitalized (-.5)

Playability: 1/3
I suppose he could go into any deck, and at least be initially useful. He doesn't seem to continue doing anything, though, so beyond his come-into-play effect, if the deck isn't Hyuga, Byakugan, or Tai, I'm not sure how far he'll go.

I can certainly imagine almost any effect that results in chakra loss working for Neji.

Broken/Not Broken: 2/2
Nope, it's fine.

Art: 1.5/2
The art isn't bad, persay, but it also doesn't really make sense. I'm not sure that Capt. Juken ever uses weapons. I suppose there were some kunai at the Chunin Exams, but it's not his primary style. That being said, I've also seen a numver more use one like this, if not it.

Total: 11.5/15

Nice work folks, and thanks for tossing up. Looks like SSG pulled it. I'm not sure when the next theme will be up, or if this one will go on hiatus, during Ultimate, like the Lazy one is.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:44 pm

It is Tenten's actual face put onto Yuffie.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:26 pm

UchihaKyoji23 wrote:
It is Tenten's actual face put onto Yuffie.

Yeah, that's part of what I liked. Like I said, I found the pic, and Yuffie and Tenten don't look radically different. That way, the face change didn't look crazy, like some stuff I've slapped together Embarassed
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Alright good job everyone. We are going to put this tournament on hold until after the Ultimate Card Makers Tourney so good luck to all those participating!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 pm

So, it's been a long while now, and it looks like the Ultimate Tourney is just about over. When it has concluded, do we intend to continue this one, or are we entering a time of no tournaments? Just curious; I'm rather looking forward to making cards to be judged, again.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:29 am

Drum role please....*drum role is herd*.....I would like to invite all back to Mendo's Ongoing tournament. After its long winter break it has come back from hibernation. I will be updating the main page Sunday March 27, 2011 with the next theme, hopefully I can make a good comeback theme. This year look forward to new prizes, good competition and what I hope be another successful venture into the world of card making. For those of you who have gone cold from card making start the fire again I really hope to see a lot of old card makers stop by at least once in a while with a card or 2.

As far as I know I will be the Judge for a little while. I want to take to the Judge for the UCMT Link and see if he would like to do judging every now and then. Until next Sunday when I judge this weeks cards. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you are as excited as I am for the revival of this tourney.

Ok, on second thought I will be making a new thread so that everything is together again. So remember to look for the new thread, I will make a General Discussion thread so that when people stop by they will see it.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:45 pm

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, n4e, get on Skype. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7