Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mendo's Ongoing tourney

Go down 
+9
Fayt Susomi
satanspawngenma
venkelos
mendokuse
naruto4ever
Susano'o the Storm God
Sandboxkid
aurelio
Lovely Ino
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:40 am

Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
judging? Confused

Will be done tomorrow. This week was extremely busy for myself so I needed to hold off for a week. It's hard to do this when there is only 1 person.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

Male Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:01 am

naruto4ever wrote:
Susano'o the Storm God wrote:
judging? Confused

Will be done tomorrow. This week was extremely busy for myself so I needed to hold off for a week. It's hard to do this when there is only 1 person.

lol, I thought you forgot about it due to MJM's new thread.
Back to top Go down
aurelio
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
aurelio

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2010-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 am

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Uzbekistan.%20Desert%20Kizil%20Kum.%20%20Dune
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Sorry folks, I know you all have been extremely patient. Unfortunately until I can find a permanent second Judge I'm going to have to make this tourney Every Other week because I just don't have the time for it any more.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:24 am

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Uzbekistan.%20Desert%20Kizil%20Kum.%20%20Dune
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:00 am

GAH!!!! Again it slips alright lets do this +10 for everyone who participated 3 weeks ago. Heres this weeks scoop Venkelos has come to my rescue and offered to be a Judge so this week he will do just that and here is the theme he wanted to go with:

Theme: Villain of the Week. You need to make a card of a Villain here is the tricky part it has to be when that Ninja was a Villain so no Kazekage Gaara's or Post Final Valley Sasuke's. I dont believe Venk wanted a unique rule so I wont put it but be prepared in case he wants one.
Due Date: Sunday, October 31 (If you cant get it in by then I understand with Halloween but get it in by Monday!)
Type: Ninja Only
Prize: None
Prize Requirements: None

Again sorry I let the tourney slip but with Venk I think we can get the puppy back up into the swing of things.

ALSO: When you post this weeks card please tell me 1 thing I can do to make this a better Competition!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

Male Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:08 pm

Yep, I'll try to make this judging thing work, and I'll mention, I will likely judge just after the due date (early afternoon November 1st, though I'll push it to the 2nd if many participants seem absent), so I'm shooting for no three-day leeway. I'm hoping that, being due on a Sunday, that gives the open? weekend to anyone who plans to participate. Please make a villain, and as a villain, so yeah, no Emosuke before he left Konoha, and no 5th Kazekage. Also, please make real villains; Akatsuki Naruto looks cool, but it hasn't happened yet, and official characters, rather than OCs (can't believe I said that Sad ). Good luck, everyone.

Last edited by venkelos on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/vaelos
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:06 pm

I'll post my card later today. As for suggestions: Maybe you could give some sort of awesome reward to whoever has the highest points at the end of each quarter of the year? Then reset the points to give new card makers a chance.
Back to top Go down
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 am

Here is my entry for the week Demon Path Pain.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Demon_10

His effect is because he is basically a weapon so he can just keep on pulling out new weapons to attack with so, all you have to do is discard 1 card from your hand and then you will be able to look for 1 jutsu with a requirement of weapon and add it to your hand. This can help out with any ninja that can use weapon jutsu and he doesn't have a hand cost so as a turn 3 ninja he can be quite threatening. Now as for a suggestion. I think that you just need someone to help you with the judging if it becomes to hard for you to do so, such as how you did in the past.
Back to top Go down
Susano'o the Storm God
Jonin
Jonin
Susano'o the Storm God

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:21 am

Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi everybody. Well, where I am now, it is now Sunday. Today's the day to post your stuff, as I'll hopefully judge tomorrow afternoon. If today is too busy for you, it is Halloween, after all, please at least just post a "I will post, I just need a bit more time" thing, and I'll gladly give you that extra while to finish up. Good luck everyone, and happy Halloween.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 pm

To break the chain of Pain, here's someone from the Sound!

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 N-218-1

So average Kabuto (PM) Stats and Characteristics. His effect is a little more intellectual. He pretty much uses his cell infusing methods to take on the name and characteristic
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi everyone, just that last little remider from me; I don't see any hold requests, so I think I'll be judging around 1pm this afternoon, central time.
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:05 pm

All right, here we go. Now, I've been judged lots, but this will be my first time DOING the judging, so I ask that you be a little lenient, if I did a lousy job. I tried to stick to the scoring list as much as possible. Here are the scores:

UchihaKyoji23 - Pain (Demon Path)

Grammar: 3.25/5
The effect should read: Valid: When this Ninja is sent out to Attack, you can discard 1 card from your hand (-.25) and search your Deck for 1 Jutsu card with "Requirements: 'Weapon' Combat attribute" (-1.25) and add it to your hand (-.25). Then shuffle your Deck. I'm not taking off for missing "show it to your opponent", because a few things seem to not say that, now.

Creativity: 3/3
A fine seeming card, allowing the Ninja in question to get what he needs, but with a small price, and not one that then just goes to pay for what was searched for.

Playability: 3/3
I don't see any problem with this. I am not certain what other ninjas will be present, who have Weapon CA, but it's a large deck, and there will have to be things than Pains in it. Being Void, it can easily slip into an Earth Deck, where most of the Weapon stuff i can think of is.

Broken or Not: 2/2
I'd say it seems fine. Reasonable stats, and an effect that can help it, or several other Ninjas I can think of.

Art: 2/2
I for one had difficulty finding many of the Paths in art, when I wanted them, and this version is good, even if he isn't looking at us. It has a feeling of action.

Total: 13.25/15

Susano'o the Storm God - Pain (God Path)

Grammar: 3.75/5
The effect should read: Valid: During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can remove the top 2 cards of your Deck from the (-.25) game. In that case, make 1 Ninja Battling against this Ninja's Team a Standby (-.25) Ninja.
Valid: During your Mission phase, if you have 6 or more Ninjas with "Pain" in their name, you can remove the top card of your Deck (-.25) from the (-.25) game. In that case, Injure (-.25) 1 Ninja.

Creativity: 2.75/3
It's a good looking overall card, and the first effect is also good. The second effect, though, just seems to be there in case you are owning fierce, already.

Playability: 2/3
I'm not too sure about self deck demolishing, in this case. By the time this Ninja sees play, even if you use Knohamaru and another effect, your deck might already be suffering, making his effects too risky. Also, the second effect hinges on getting all six paths out, which is not especially likely. I haven't seen the rest, and their supporting cards, but getting 4 SN4 cards out is a pain, and many people only use 2 at a time, with side deck. It seems a lot just to get a wound on a Ninja. On the other hand, once this Ninja gets to field, he stands to be quite dangerous, with a nice assortment of characteristics, some impressinve stats, and an array of other Ninjas to assist him.

Broken or Not: 2/2
Even for a T7, his stats are sort of too good. I can't really gripe the 7/4, with the official one being 8/3 H, but having him get that much stronger, and with both of his effects being valid, he just seems to balloon, when he should weaken slightly, and this one has no extra costs to get out.

Again, finding good art of this character can be tricky, and I have never seen this one before, so good work.

Total: 12.5/15

MJM - Kabuto Yakushi (Possessed Mode)

The effect should read: During the Mission phase (-.25), you can select 1 Ninja card in either player's Discard pile (-.25). In that case, this Ninja gets the selected Ninja's name and Characteristics until the end of this turn. (-1)

I felt that this was a very creative choice. I liked how you used the Sacrifice mechanic, though that can add up, when it also has a Hand Cost. The effect is interesting, if you can think of names/characteristics your opponent has that you can use, and of course, there's your own.

Playability: 3/3 I'd say it's doable. Both Orochimaru and Kabuto are proven good in decks, often the same decks, and this is almost as good as a platoon/squad. The MP might be a bit high, but I find his stats to be reasonable. He can freely borrow various characteristics, if you can make them useful to him (and they are in a Discard pile), while he already has several good ones, himself. I question if other characteristics might overwrite his, though. If he duplicates a Kakashi, does he gain MP 3, which is less than his, or ignore it in favor of his higher MP?

Broken or Not: 1.75/2
I'd have to say not. With your opponent's deck being no sure thing, you aren't likely to fill your deck with stuff that only one of your ninjas can use, and only after one of your opponent's ninjas has fallen. That leaves your deck, and makes this just one more ninja that can use stuff, really no worse then any Ninja with Gaara/Tsunade syndrome. I'm not sure exactly how it all works with having the same name as another ninja you already have in play, assuming you do, but it ends by the end turn, so the situation remedies before it has to discard. I'm not sure how I feel about that much MP in a single Ninja. Even if he is Kabuto + Rochi, he isn't both acting in concert, as one is trying to eat the other, which changes sides as the story progresses. I also wonder if Sacrifice can interfere with Orochimaru's recycling jutsus, as you could use them here, but he has a second cost.

Very nice choice. While it is the Kabuto I'd expect, at the same time, there isn't much out there, especially for before his total change. I also like how, similar to the White Snake Rochi, you have him, transparent, in the background.

Total: 13.5/15

Based on that, it appears that MJM is the winner. New theme will be updated soon.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:16 pm

venkelos wrote:
MJM - Kabuto Yakushi (Possessed Mode)

The effect should read: During the Mission phase (-.25), you can select 1 Ninja card in either player's Discard pile (-.25). In that case, this Ninja gets the selected Ninja's name and Characteristics until the end of this turn. (-1)

I felt that this was a very creative choice. I liked how you used the Sacrifice mechanic, though that can add up, when it also has a Hand Cost. The effect is interesting, if you can think of names/characteristics your opponent has that you can use, and of course, there's your own.

Playability: 3/3 I'd say it's doable. Both Orochimaru and Kabuto are proven good in decks, often the same decks, and this is almost as good as a platoon/squad. The MP might be a bit high, but I find his stats to be reasonable. He can freely borrow various characteristics, if you can make them useful to him (and they are in a Discard pile), while he already has several good ones, himself. I question if other characteristics might overwrite his, though. If he duplicates a Kakashi, does he gain MP 3, which is less than his, or ignore it in favor of his higher MP?

Broken or Not: 1.75/2
I'd have to say not. With your opponent's deck being no sure thing, you aren't likely to fill your deck with stuff that only one of your ninjas can use, and only after one of your opponent's ninjas has fallen. That leaves your deck, and makes this just one more ninja that can use stuff, really no worse then any Ninja with Gaara/Tsunade syndrome. I'm not sure exactly how it all works with having the same name as another ninja you already have in play, assuming you do, but it ends by the end turn, so the situation remedies before it has to discard. I'm not sure how I feel about that much MP in a single Ninja. Even if he is Kabuto + Rochi, he isn't both acting in concert, as one is trying to eat the other, which changes sides as the story progresses. I also wonder if Sacrifice can interfere with Orochimaru's recycling jutsus, as you could use them here, but he has a second cost.

Very nice choice. While it is the Kabuto I'd expect, at the same time, there isn't much out there, especially for before his total change. I also like how, similar to the White Snake Rochi, you have him, transparent, in the background.

Total: 13.5/15

Based on that, it appears that MJM is the winner. New theme will be updated soon.

All his statistics are from the Bandai Made card. However, I'm glad I wasn't penalized on that.

This guy.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:00 am

Theme: Sacrifice Week- Make a card utilizing the Sacrifice Mechanic
Due Date: Tuesday November 9th
Type: Ninja Only
Prize: Unsure ATM
Prize Requirements: Enter

I am judging this week so Venk can enter!
Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Since this is a week I can compete, I suppose I'll start things off. Here is my Sacrifice Ninja:

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 ShippudenReinforcementSasukeItachisEyesforContestImage

It's been done, maybe it's been overdone, but now it actually has a sac effect for Sasuke to get Itachi's jutsus. This card can be a bit tricky to pull out. You need a Mission to deploy him (see Spoiler), another Akatsuki Sasuke already in play, and an Itachi to burn. Anyway, if you can manage to pull it off, you get a powerful Sasuke, who is still primarily Fire Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 76186 , mostly because of the target jutsus, and now he can use Itachi's jutsus. Add to that, his growth in ability is not limited to using such jutsus, and a small Power boost. No, now he can also use them practically for free. If the jutsu is a Sharingan or Itachi jutsu, chances are, he gets the chakra back, to pull off some other cheese. Also, Jonin is now an unnegatable trait, rather than a trait by effect, so his access to jutsus can stay strong.

I wanted all of him in the card, and it's all there, but I wanted the Sharingans visible, and they are what his new ones will probably look like. They're still hard to see, but that happens when eyes are small.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 N-221
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 pm

im finally back, my first toureny entry in a while, my comp was broken so heres my entry

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Ultra_Ninja_Template
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
UchihaKyoji23
Chunin
Chunin
UchihaKyoji23

Male Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Well I wasn't sure what ninja I was going to make so I decided on doing the 6 tail Naruto because I have been playing lots of UNS2.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 6_tail10

The cost to just put him in play is pretty high in needing a 3 card sacrifice to put him in play, but after that he is a monster with the ability to give 1 damage to 1 of your opponents ninja.

Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

Are we possibly getting a new theme, today? Just curious.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 783349 You know, it's a sad state of affairs when the thing you most dread to see is yourself, and here it is. Still the last post. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:26 am

Have no fear! Fridays here!!!

Venkelos:
Grammar: 4.5/5 User isnt caped. x2

Creativity: 3/3 Capturing sasuke obtaining power via Sharingan and his brothers Sharingan.

Playability: 2/3 With Itachi Uchiha as a Sacrfice for nothing more than a possibly free Jutsu I don’t think it would get much play.

Broken or Not: 1.5/2 It could be 1 of 2 chances to get heads for a free Jutsu could be bonkers.

Art: ½ It is a pretty used pic of Sasuke now.

Total: 12/15

MJM:
Grammar: 5/5 Checks out.

Creativity: 1.5/3 You know those temps are for supers/promos and if you just use them willy nilly the wont mean as much.

Playability: 1/3 Probably wont see much play with the other Shukaku out. Plus this one has a Sacrifice.

Broken or Not: 2/2 All good

Art: 2/2 Looks good!

Total:11.5/15

SatanSpawnGenma:

Grammar: 4.5/5 Deck is a Caped word and I believe its 2 “Sound” Ninjas.

Creativity: 3/3 Many Ninjas in one play that could be ok.

Playability: 2/3 Not quite sure it gets 4 ninjas in 1 turn and the snakes are jacked. Your getting 3 7/4 Ninjas in 1 go.

Broken or Not: 0/2 Nuts to get 3 7/4 Ninjas out in 1 turn possibly stronger.

Art: ½ Overused.

Total: 11.5/15

UchihaKyoji23:
Grammar: 4.25/5 Should be 1 card in your hand from game. In that case, ....

Creativity: 2/3 Going a little nuts with the OC theme and no Draw backs.

Playability: 3/3 Good chance of this getting used, but its not a reinforcement?

Broken or Not: 0/2 Nuts great stats not that hard to get out great effect...

Art: 1.75/5 Not back but a little blurry.

Total: 11/12

NEW THEME!
Theme: (Staple Week!) Make a card that would be played in every deck. Post a reason why it would.
Type: Any
Due Date: Friday: November 19th, 2010
Judges: Venkelos(?)
Prize: None

Back to top Go down
venkelos
Jonin
Jonin
venkelos

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah, I can judge. No prob. Now I don't have to think. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 76186
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 3:13 am

venkelos wrote:
Yeah, I can judge. No prob. Now I don't have to think. Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 76186

Thanks venk, hey if you can shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
satanspawngenma
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
satanspawngenma

Male Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 am

ok so heres my card, its nagato.

Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Pein-1

ok so i think this card could be used in any deck because, first off, it is strong. it is a 6/4 on the 5th turn any deck would do good with that. next do to its akatsuki stats, it can use akatsuki cards, and well as rinnegan cards due to well the rinnegan. next it has a void element, which i think makes it far easier to work with. it also has ambush, which makes it helpful, and able to be put in play more easily. another good thing about this card, is it can use any jutsu card! thats always helpful. and finally its second effect can come in handy in litterally any deck. think about it this way, you were playing, had some great luck, and got out some of your best cards, unfortunatly, your opponent uses some serious ninjutsu's, and you dont have any. you loose some of your best card. in that case, simply remove this ninja from play, and you get 2 of them back. i mean sure thats a loss too, but a small prioce to pay for some amazing Ninja, and hay you dont have to hes a strong ninja with good attack and backup plus his injured stats backup is pretty good too. and finaly to finish rounding him off, hes got good mental power.
Back to top Go down
http://thisisanimeandmanga.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendo's Ongoing tourney   Mendo's Ongoing tourney - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendo's Ongoing tourney
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next