Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lovely Cards

Go down 
+5
MJM
Shino'sDad
mendokuse
Blurry
Lovely Ino
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Female Number of posts : 134
Group : Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 am

Okie dokie, thought I would show off some cards I've been working on. This is part one of the three part Yamanaka theme.

Lovely Cards Inoch_card

Lovely Cards Yama_flower_card

Admittedly, these two cards are pretty non-descript from a gameplay perpective, but I felt that they were necessary to support the other cards I developed. I'll show two more tomorrow that will start to demonstrate the real flavor of the theme. I'm really trying to improve as a card maker, so I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Blurry
Genin
Genin

Male Number of posts : 25

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:39 am

Wow! There alot better than all of my cards! I love the Ino(Childhood) too! Nice Job! Lovely Cards Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:54 am

Need to see more for proper commenting, cause so far these cards cant do too much in this game. However I love you set symbol.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Thank you so much for commenting! I'm sorry, I know that critiqueing these cards is quite difficult without seeing the others. Due to this, although I had planned on showing two more cards today, I'll show three more instead, to give a more complete sense of the theme.

Lovely Cards InoichiYamanaka

Lovely Cards InoYamanaka

Lovely Cards PsychicTactics

Obviously the central card here is Psychic Tactics. As the flavor text would suggest, I think Mind Transfer is more suited to being a mission card than a jutsu because it is not a technique suited for combat. In addition, as a mission, it can have a more long-term effect which I think suits the technique more. The other two were designed around this card, although theoretically Ino could be useful by herself since there are a handful of Earth Ninjas with Ambush... Overall, I really like the synergy these three cards produce.

As a side note, I would like to comment that it's impossible to find any good pictures of Inoichi. In response to this, I had to put that one together myself. Under the circumstances, I think it came out quite well, if I do say so myself.

These cards show how you can gain control of your opponent's ninjas. Tomorrow I'll show the last cards of the theme that have some neat effects you can use once you have them on your side. Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm

From a text formating point of view, you don't need to include the text on Psychic Tactics that mentions not being able to take a Ninja with same name as one you already have, as the Uniqueness Rule was updated to include this restriction as a Game Mechanic.

And good to have you on board. These are some very nice cards and Ino hasn't gotten much love recently, so these cards are an interesting route.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:
From a text formating point of view, you don't need to include the text on Psychic Tactics that mentions not being able to take a Ninja with same name as one you already have, as the Uniqueness Rule was updated to include this restriction as a Game Mechanic.

And good to have you on board. These are some very nice cards and Ino hasn't gotten much love recently, so these cards are an interesting route.

Thank you for pointing that out. I was basing the text on Final Separation, which includes that clause, but your argument makes sense. That will help since - as I'm sure you can tell by looking at it - I was desperately looking for a way to shorten the effect. I appreciate the comment.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:14 am

I like it, nice way to think outside the box. And I believe that thinking outside the box is what makes cards good.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Thank you. In general, I like cards that fit together nicely. However, what I don't like in cards is completely thoughtless "synergy", like the Moving Ninjas from the last set. Sure, they went together, but there was no creativity behind their effects.

Alright, here are the last cards of the Yamanaka theme! I hope you've enjoyed it! (Um, no making fun of my Fu picture, I worked hard on it!)

Lovely Cards FuYamanaka

Lovely Cards Hostage

Now, if I could, I would ask that you take a moment to look over all seven cards again and think about how they would interact with each other, and tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 pm

Nice cards overall, just if they we're worth putting in a Deck problem is witht he way bandai's been making this game decks are just a bunch of broken cards stuffed together rather than cards that are made to work with each other.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Nice cards overall, just if they we're worth putting in a Deck problem is witht he way bandai's been making this game decks are just a bunch of broken cards stuffed together rather than cards that are made to work with each other.

Yes, I see your point. The truth is, I don't play the game a lot anymore, so I have a hard time properly evaluating what's "playable" and what's "broken". I tried to be fair with these cards, but I thought that the last two gave the theme some potential to do some damage. Mostly I tried to make them the kind of cards I would like to play. I don't really like what the game's become now, and I wish there were more cards like these ones rather than the ones you're talking about. Thank you for the comment.
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

Yes, I see your point. The truth is, I don't play the game a lot anymore, so I have a hard time properly evaluating what's "playable" and what's "broken". I tried to be fair with these cards, but I thought that the last two gave the theme some potential to do some damage. Mostly I tried to make them the kind of cards I would like to play. I don't really like what the game's become now, and I wish there were more cards like these ones rather than the ones you're talking about. Thank you for the comment.
I agree, if these were real cards made in the format of when this game was more healthy these would be much more playable and I'd love to use them.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Male Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:56 am

Your cards are flat out amazing. Nice to see another card maker too!

How on Earth were you able to make that Inoichi pic?

Also, did you make that Fu pic as well?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:16 am

MJM wrote:

Thank you for noticing, I spent a lot of time on the pictures. They're literally just pictures of other people chopped up and stuck together.

For instance, for Fu, it's

• Kankuro's legs
  • Teuchi's body (slimmed down of course, haha)
  • Sasuke's belt
  • Sai's jacket (From Sai/Naruto squad)
  • Shibuki's arms
  • Sai's right hand and tanto
  • Shikamaru's left hand
  • Misumi Tsurugi's mouth and jaw
  • Akahoshi's eyes and ponytail
  • Sakura's bangs (this was a bad choice, in hindsight...)
  • Kurenai's headband

And I did something similar for Inoichi. They're not perfect, but the fact a jigsaw puzzle like them came out even resembling a picture fills be with satisfaction, haha. There are so few pictures of them, desperation can make you do crazy things.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
MJM wrote:

Thank you for noticing, I spent a lot of time on the pictures. They're literally just pictures of other people chopped up and stuck together.

For instance, for Fu, it's

• Kankuro's legs
  • Teuchi's body (slimmed down of course, haha)
  • Sasuke's belt
  • Sai's jacket (From Sai/Naruto squad)
  • Shibuki's arms
  • Sai's right hand and tanto
  • Shikamaru's left hand
  • Misumi Tsurugi's mouth and jaw
  • Akahoshi's eyes and ponytail
  • Sakura's bangs (this was a bad choice, in hindsight...)
  • Kurenai's headband

And I did something similar for Inoichi. They're not perfect, but the fact a jigsaw puzzle like them came out even resembling a picture fills be with satisfaction, haha. There are so few pictures of them, desperation can make you do crazy things.

That's a great idea for a way to get pictures! How creative!
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:30 am

I gotta give props for those pics. I couldn't even notice.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:57 am

mendokuse wrote:
I gotta give props for those pics. I couldn't even notice.

Thank you very much for the compliment. I'm glad my work was appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Pebble
Anbu Captain
Anbu Captain
Ninja Pebble

Male Number of posts : 194
Group : Proctor, Akatsuki
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

All your themes where great. Nice unique effects and I love seeing unique effects and pictures.
Back to top Go down
naruto4ever
Anbu
Anbu
naruto4ever

Male Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 am

I can all but only agree to what everyone is saying amazing cards amazing pics and keep up the amazing work.
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Okie dokie, I had to make a card based off of my personal favorite fan-pairing. Sai & Ino! They haven't intereacted too much in the series, but I think they would make a cute couple!

Took me forever to find pictures that sort of went together. Some editting of course. Please disregard Sai's sudden left-handedness. I noticed that too late. I'm quite pleased with how it looks, and Sai's too adorable!

Lovely Cards InoYamanakaSai

I think they seem pretty good. I mean, most decks have at most 10 missions, right? So if you just kept calling mission, you'd have, like, approx 80% success? Meaning this squad almost always gives you an extra draw, and you get to peek at what your opponent's getting. On top of that, they have fantastic support and mental power. Tell me what you think!

Last edited by Lovely Ino on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Really nice card. But what I dont get is why is everyone doing this stupid capitalize the last word thing? Bandai hasn't done that through all the sets they done until just now in a few previews so why the hell is everyone doing that now?
Back to top Go down
Lovely Ino
Special Jonin
Special Jonin
Lovely Ino

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:01 pm

mendokuse wrote:
Really nice card. But what I dont get is why is everyone doing this stupid capitalize the last word thing? Bandai hasn't done that through all the sets they done until just now in a few previews so why the hell is everyone doing that now?

I agree that it looks silly. It's just something to help new players tell the difference between active characteristics and non-active. I'm trying to stay current with my card design, since that's how it's going to be starting with Will of Fire.
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:32 pm

mendokuse wrote:

I agree that it looks bad and isn't needed but hey, I don't make the rules I just follow them.
Back to top Go down
Shino'sDad
Chunin
Chunin
Shino'sDad

Male Number of posts : 94

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:25 pm

I have been begging for a streamlined Characterisitc Template, and Bandai has finally delivered, and I welcome that change.

The official Templating for Characteristic Lines are as follows:

Village | Village Affliation | Rank | Gender | Mental Power (if any) | Non-active characteristics (in alphabetic order) | Active characteristics (in alphabetic order)

For example, Sai [Heartless Eyes] would be

Leaf (Village) | The Foundation (Village affiliation) | Anbu (rank) | Male (Gender) | Mental Power: 2 | MASTERY (active characteristics)
Back to top Go down
MJM
Sannin
Sannin
MJM

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 pm

Shino'sDad wrote:
I have been begging for a streamlined Characterisitc Template, and Bandai has finally delivered, and I welcome that change.

The official Templating for Characteristic Lines are as follows:

Village | Village Affliation | Rank | Gender | Mental Power (if any) | Non-active characteristics (in alphabetic order) | Active characteristics (in alphabetic order)

For example, Sai [Heartless Eyes] would be

Leaf (Village) | The Foundation (Village affiliation) | Anbu (rank) | Male (Gender) | Mental Power: 2 | MASTERY (active characteristics)

*Goes to update his templates*
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:00 am

Lovely Ino wrote:
mendokuse wrote:

I agree that it looks silly. It's just something to help new players tell the difference between active characteristics and non-active. I'm trying to stay current with my card design, since that's how it's going to be starting with Will of Fire.
Is that what it is? Did someone actually officially say that all active chars are now caps? OK, cause i was lost and originally thought it was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lovely Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lovely Cards   Lovely Cards Empty

Back to top Go down

Lovely Cards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next