Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Card Making Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Card Making Boards

A community dedicated to creating fan made cards.

PreviewsPreviews  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-04-12

didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes Empty
PostSubject: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 am

i need help >_< im working on my first card ever on gimp and recieved some instructions from anaki uchiha, but there are some things i just dont understand and ive come to kind of a roadblock

i basically have the template and image on gimp, and thats as far as ive gotten. ive played around a little and tried to do what i THINK the instructions were telling me to do, but i failed more than i fail at math . i got fed up and tried to some some of the stuff i know needs to get done manually, but it turned out horrid looking, like so bad that a paint newb could have done better...ive seen very good looking gimp cards and refuse to believe that all those people did some of the stuff i tried to do manually, manually themselves

so please help me out, im at an impass and need your expert advice

please and thanks
Back to top Go down
mendokuse
Sannin
Sannin
mendokuse

Male Number of posts : 1082
Group : Proctor, Ino-Shika-Cho
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 7:48 am

Hey its hahonryuu, it's about time you got on this site. As to gimp I'm really sorry but I can't help you I haven't the slightest clue how to work it, for cards I've always used CS3.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:32 am

mendokuse wrote:
Hey its hahonryuu, it's about time you got on this site. As to gimp I'm really sorry but I can't help you I haven't the slightest clue how to work it, for cards I've always used CS3.

dang >_>

anybody else ^_^;

itd be lame if i couldnt even get the card started lol
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

Male Number of posts : 525

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:58 am

hahonryuu wrote:
i need help >_< im working on my first card ever on gimp and recieved some instructions from anaki uchiha, but there are some things i just dont understand and ive come to kind of a roadblock

i basically have the template and image on gimp, and thats as far as ive gotten. ive played around a little and tried to do what i THINK the instructions were telling me to do, but i failed more than i fail at math . i got fed up and tried to some some of the stuff i know needs to get done manually, but it turned out horrid looking, like so bad that a paint newb could have done better...ive seen very good looking gimp cards and refuse to believe that all those people did some of the stuff i tried to do manually, manually themselves

please and thanks
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:28 pm

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

please and thanks

err how come theres nothing there?
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 pm

hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

please and thanks

sorry bout that. this morning, i typed up about 8 or 10 min worth of steps, and then when i clicked send, nothing happened. I tried again to complain about it, nothing worked. I realized the quote was still there so i changed changing the quote to say how i had typed something and that glitches suck. but nothing worked so i shut it off. my school gets these awsome new computers and they don't work? wtf? well anyway, i'm at my home labtop now so hopefully this post works. I'll re-type the instructons a third time in a bit.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 3:07 am

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

please and thanks

sorry bout that. this morning, i typed up about 8 or 10 min worth of steps, and then when i clicked send, nothing happened. I tried again to complain about it, nothing worked. I realized the quote was still there so i changed changing the quote to say how i had typed something and that glitches suck. but nothing worked so i shut it off. my school gets these awsome new computers and they don't work? wtf? well anyway, i'm at my home labtop now so hopefully this post works. I'll re-type the instructons a third time in a bit.

ok thanks, lol i really appreciate it. first you give me my original instructions and now this too! if theres anything i can do to repay it just ask and i'll do my best
Back to top Go down
Shadow Shikamaru
Jonin
Jonin
Shadow Shikamaru

Male Number of posts : 655
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Heh, i barely even remember how to make cards in gimp... i was the master of it when i was still using gimp
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutochroniclesrpg.forummotion.com
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Shadow Shikamaru wrote:
Heh, i barely even remember how to make cards in gimp... i was the master of it when i was still using gimp
\
lol yep. Now i'm pretty much the best gimp user. I should see if I can get photoshop. so much more people are using that now.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 9:53 pm

soooooo....ummmmm....anyone?
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 1:40 am

hahonryuu wrote:
sorry! thought i had already re-posted it. here it is.

ok. once you get the pic on the template, you need to get just the ninja to show over the template. If it has a white backround click bucket tool, color erase,and click on the white. If its a colored backround, you need to cut and paste the image out of the pic. After that is the white outline. You right click on the ninja layer to the side, and click alpha section. then click right click cut, or ctrl x. Then right click,select, grow by 1 or 2, bucket tool, put in to normal, and color it white. Then paste the image back on. after that you should have the image on the template with the white outline. Then add the text box layer. Possition it over the ninja/old textbox, and line it up. move the opacity bar at the right to about 79 or 80. Then click merge down. or if you pasted it, just click away from the text box and it will anchor down. After that just add text, and cut and paste stats, name, characteristics, ec, hc. and your good.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 am

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

ok. once you get the pic on the template, you need to get just the ninja to show over the template. If it has a white backround click bucket tool, color erase,and click on the white. If its a colored backround, you need to cut and paste the image out of the pic. After that is the white outline. You right click on the ninja layer to the side, and click alpha section. then click right click cut, or ctrl x. Then right click,select, grow by 1 or 2, bucket tool, put in to normal, and color it white. Then paste the image back on. after that you should have the image on the template with the white outline. Then add the text box layer. Possition it over the ninja/old textbox, and line it up. move the opacity bar at the right to about 79 or 80. Then click merge down. or if you pasted it, just click away from the text box and it will anchor down. After that just add text, and cut and paste stats, name, characteristics, ec, hc. and your good.

i clicked on the bucket tool. i made it so that it was on color erase. i was on bg color fill. i clicked on the white backround of the picture...nothing happend

im so confused >_< all i wanted to do was make a good looking card =(
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 am

hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

i clicked on the bucket tool. i made it so that it was on color erase. i was on bg color fill. i clicked on the white backround of the picture...nothing happend

Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

your computers doing it again ^_^
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 pm

hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

ugh, thats it, i am no longer trying to use the school computer to type again.

and sometimes with a white backround that happens. it depends on which program the pic was made on. You can just pm me the pic and i'll fix it for you.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:25 am

Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

and sometimes with a white backround that happens. it depends on which program the pic was made on. You can just pm me the pic and i'll fix it for you.

pic sent ^_^

thaks for the help
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm

hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

pic sent ^_^

thaks for the help
your welcome.
Back to top Go down
theothewerewolf
Chunin
Chunin
theothewerewolf

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm

helpful tip
keep reminding anaki about your card. he will probably forget about it
hey anaki how is johns card coming?
Back to top Go down
http://theothewerewolf-rpgw.forumotion.com
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 11:35 pm

theothewerewolf wrote:
helpful tip
keep reminding anaki about your card. he will probably forget about it
hey anaki how is johns card coming?
haha, but yeah probably true. and i'm almost finished.
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 1:48 am

i do appreciate it...but now im still in the dark since you did it for em and i dont wanna be a nusance and have somebody make the first 1/2 of my cards for me every time >_<
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:56 am

[quote="hahonryuu"]i do appreciate it...but now im still in the dark since you did it for em and i dont wanna be a nusance and have somebody make the first 1/2 of my cards for me every time >_
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:41 pm

[quote="Anaki Uchiha"]
hahonryuu wrote:
i do appreciate it...but now im still in the dark since you did it for em and i dont wanna be a nusance and have somebody make the first 1/2 of my cards for me every time >_

uhhh, your computers acting up again XD
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm

[quote="hahonryuu"]
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
i do appreciate it...but now im still in the dark since you did it for em and i dont wanna be a nusance and have somebody make the first 1/2 of my cards for me every time >_

geese.... well like i was saying,
for 1, i just gave you this card half made because the reg. pic dosent work with photobucket. also, its not a nusance. i was able to put that much of the card together in like half a minute. practice helps.^^
Back to top Go down
hahonryuu
Ninja Academy Student
Ninja Academy Student

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:29 pm

[quote="Anaki Uchiha"]
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

for 1, i just gave you this card half made because the reg. pic dosent work with photobucket. also, its not a nusance. i was able to put that much of the card together in like half a minute. practice helps.^^

so would you possibly be able to walk me through what to do the next time a pic doesnt work with photobucket?

and you mentioned cutting. ddo you mean using that cut tool that looks like scizors? how the crap can you cut it so evenly with those!?!?!?!? i de-limbed poor obito and gave him a bad hair cut when i tried using that thing. or are you refering to something else? at the very least is there some trick to it, cuz i dont think ide ever be able to do ti that well manually >_<
Back to top Go down
Anaki Uchiha
Jonin
Jonin
Anaki Uchiha

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:36 am

[quote="hahonryuu"]
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:
Anaki Uchiha wrote:
hahonryuu wrote:

so would you possibly be able to walk me through what to do the next time a pic doesnt work with photobucket?

and you mentioned cutting. ddo you mean using that cut tool that looks like scizors? how the crap can you cut it so evenly with those!?!?!?!? i de-limbed poor obito and gave him a bad hair cut when i tried using that thing. or are you refering to something else? at the very least is there some trick to it, cuz i dont think ide ever be able to do ti that well manually >_<
no, you use the free select tool. You basicly make an outline over the part of the pic(which is ALOT easier) then you click right click copy. and yeah, next time it dosen't work, i'll help you out. Go check in the render station though, all of those work good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes   didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes Empty

Back to top Go down

didnt know whether this belonged here or gendis but here it goes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Card Making Boards :: Forum :: Make your own cards. Preferably Images.-
Jump to: